Steak

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Steak
How do we not have a steak thread?! Unless you're a vegetarian, steak is the greatest discovery in the history of mankind.

So what steaks does anyone like, and how do you like them cooked, and what do you have with them? Just talks about steaks people!

I have a big weakness for fillet or rump steak cooked rare with chips and loads of peppercorn sauce

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Hughsie's post
29-08-2012, 01:15 PM
RE: Steak
All I read was the title.

Yes please.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
29-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Partial to Ribeye's myself but any cut will do in a pinch.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
29-08-2012, 01:17 PM
(29-08-2012 01:15 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  All I read was the title.

Yes please.

All my careful forethought and planning into the post, wasted! Weeping

Here you go boss;

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbe_CgjMCc3MDqibx9I5N...5Ui1dIPLJQ]

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
29-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Nice!

I love my porter house steaks, but my wallet doesn't. We always have steak in the house though. There's few steaks I would freeze, but one that works well is a beef loin that I buy, and butcher myself. I can get a dozen or more thick steaks for a very reasonable price. They key to freezing steaks is to marinate them for a day, then freeze them in their marinade. I use a pretty basic one for this, but really any marinate would work. It keeps the natural moisture in the steak by giving it a buffer against its environment. In fact, I go a step further and vaccuum seal each steak on it's own with a healthy dose of marinade.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
29-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Because of my parents I never liked stake until last summer.. I never knew why it was always such a hopela. Every time I ate it was just bland meat to me...

Then I had steak that was rare! That made all the difference and I realize it's greatness! My family was always over concerned and would make meat with no pink and had me ordering gross well cooked steak.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
29-08-2012, 01:30 PM
(29-08-2012 01:26 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Nice!

I love my porter house steaks, but my wallet doesn't. We always have steak in the house though. There's few steaks I would freeze, but one that works well is a beef loin that I buy, and butcher myself. I can get a dozen or more thick steaks for a very reasonable price. They key to freezing steaks is to marinate them for a day, then freeze them in their marinade. I use a pretty basic one for this, but really any marinate would work. It keeps the natural moisture in the steak by giving it a buffer against its environment. In fact, I go a step further and vaccuum seal each steak on it's own with a healthy dose of marinade.

I only really have steak when I go out. If I'm honest, me attempting to cook such a beautiful piece of meat borders on sacrilege.

Best
Worst
29-08-2012, 01:31 PM
(29-08-2012 01:26 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Nice!

I have never tried freezing a steak in marinade...I'll give it a go Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
29-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Ewww. Well cooked steak is never well done steak. That's what my dad used to always say.

Give me rare! Medium rare will do as well, but beyond that it's just not. Steak.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
29-08-2012, 03:15 PM
(29-08-2012 01:30 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  If I'm honest, me attempting to cook such a beautiful piece of meat borders on sacrilege.

I discovered a really simple and nearly idiot-proof way to beautifully cook steak. See this link http://www.theperfectsteak.com/grillingGuide.html and just follow the guide based on thickness of steak and desired wellness. Also, use some type of store-bought steak-rub product for more flavor. I get great results this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Jeff's post