Steak

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2012, 10:31 AM
RE: Steak
(30-08-2012 10:30 AM)Dom Wrote:  I have a very small foodsaver machine - creates a vacuum in the freezer bag. I freeze steaks with that with impunity.

I like to buy a bunch of superior cuts when they are on sale (USDA choice) and freeze them. Then I pull one out in the morning and throw it on the grill in the eve.

These don't really require marinating, so just put a rub on them and coat with olive oil. Taste just great!

For marinade I like a simple mix of wine, soy sauce, olive oil and water. I add spices on top of the steak later when I am ready to grill.

In the summer I grow giant basil in a pot near the grill. I cover the top of the steak with some huge basil leaves while grilling. Keeps the juices in and adds superb flavor.

That sounds incredible!

I'm coming round for tea Dom, hope that's OK Big Grin?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Either well done, or you're doing it wrong! Give me that deep smokey flavor.

And I like a good T-bone, even though you don't get as much meat.

[Image: g8g7t.jpg]
30-08-2012, 10:37 AM
(30-08-2012 10:31 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(30-08-2012 10:30 AM)Dom Wrote:  I have a very small foodsaver machine - creates a vacuum in the freezer bag. I freeze steaks with that with impunity.

I like to buy a bunch of superior cuts when they are on sale (USDA choice) and freeze them. Then I pull one out in the morning and throw it on the grill in the eve.

These don't really require marinating, so just put a rub on them and coat with olive oil. Taste just great!

For marinade I like a simple mix of wine, soy sauce, olive oil and water. I add spices on top of the steak later when I am ready to grill.

In the summer I grow giant basil in a pot near the grill. I cover the top of the steak with some huge basil leaves while grilling. Keeps the juices in and adds superb flavor.

That sounds incredible!

I'm coming round for tea Dom, hope that's OK Big Grin?

Well, there won't be any steak with tea. Steak goes with wine or beer.

Hmmm, marinading tough cuts in tea ought to work for breaking down the tissue... ought to give that a shot some day.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-08-2012, 10:38 AM
(30-08-2012 10:34 AM)Ghost0fBanquo Wrote:  Either well done, or you're doing it wrong! Give me that deep smokey flavor.

Well done or it's wrong?! Shocking

Get out, get out of my thread now! You're clearly unworthy! Big Grin

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
30-08-2012, 10:42 AM
(30-08-2012 10:37 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well, there won't be any steak with tea. Steak goes with wine or beer.

Hmmm, marinading tough cuts in tea ought to work for breaking down the tissue... ought to give that a shot some day.

Haha, we Brits also call the final meal of the day 'tea' Big Grin.

I like steak with beer Drooling!

Best
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
30-08-2012, 10:43 AM
That just means more non-well done steaks for everyone else! Smile

[Image: g8g7t.jpg]
30-08-2012, 10:45 AM
(30-08-2012 10:43 AM)Ghost0fBanquo Wrote:  That just means more non-well done steaks for everyone else! Smile

Hmmmm, OK then, you can stay Smile.

Best
Worst
30-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Hey Banquo, have you considered barbecuing instead of grilling? If you like a deep smokey flavor, you should give low and slow a try. With beef, I prefer apple wood above all else, including hickory. I cut down a neighbors apple tree for him this spring. Some of the smaller stuff looks to be ready for October, and next year I'll have all the apple wood I want! Woo hoo!!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
30-08-2012, 11:21 AM
(30-08-2012 11:16 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Hey Banquo, have you considered barbecuing instead of grilling? If you like a deep smokey flavor, you should give low and slow a try. With beef, I prefer apple wood above all else, including hickory. I cut down a neighbors apple tree for him this spring. Some of the smaller stuff looks to be ready for October, and next year I'll have all the apple wood I want! Woo hoo!!

If anyone wants apple wood, I have it to spare. I live in an apple orchard.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-08-2012, 11:24 AM
(30-08-2012 10:34 AM)Ghost0fBanquo Wrote:  Either well done, or you're doing it wrong! Give me that deep smokey flavor.

Well done is just wrong. I cry for the T-bones you have sacrificed. Weeping

If you want deep, smoky flavor then cook at lower heat for a longer period and add wood chips.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user