SteamBox? Could be cool.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2013, 07:39 PM
SteamBox? Could be cool.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21677119

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
05-03-2013, 08:25 PM
RE: SteamBox? Could be cool.
I wont be getting a SteamBox... But I'm really glad they're using linux.

Linux doesn't have the amount of game support that Windows has, but that will increase with the release of the SteamBox. And since Microsoft, with their Windows 8 crap, seems to be moving toward a closed system like Apple, my future rigs will likely be Linux based.

I also like the idea that you can basically make your own SteamBox by installing linux on any PC.
06-03-2013, 06:14 AM
The only games I play are under Ubuntu. This will hopefully increase the range available to me.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
06-03-2013, 08:11 AM
I think they are pretty brave in releasing a new console. They have a lot to do to keep up with the bigger boys.

If their not carefull they could fall into the realms of the Amiga CD32, Sega Dreamcast and 3D0 (all powerfull systems for their time but all eventually failed)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.