Steamed Cockroach anyone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2015, 05:47 PM
RE: Steamed Cockroach anyone?
(18-01-2015 12:52 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  So, who is ready to start eating insects instead of beef for protein?

It's an acquired taste.

[Image: alternate_universe.png]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
18-01-2015, 05:54 PM
I'd found the picture, gotten through the first two pages and nobody had posted it. Refreshed the thread and saw that there was a new third page and BAM!

The only insects I've had are ants, spicy, deep fried ants.
I'd have them again. Prawns used to gross me out more and they no longer bother me.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
18-01-2015, 06:12 PM
(18-01-2015 03:41 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm picturing a scientist/food inspector guy in a white lab coat going through the various food products and picking out the hairs and measuring their length.

Question: "So what do you do for a living, sir?"

Answer: "Oh, I measure mouse hairs in peanut butter and count bug heads in fig paste."

ummmm ... yeah. I used to do that for the USDA. Suffice to say I never saw a single sample that was 100% critter free. You're already eating insects whether you know it or not. Why not make a committment? Entomophagy for the win. Whenever the cicadas come out I round up a harvest. Drooling

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-01-2015, 06:55 PM
(18-01-2015 03:48 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(18-01-2015 03:17 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  But do you start cursing when you find they are out of season?

I find figs all year long. When I buy them in the winter they're probably from South America somewhere, in which case the figs probably have tarantula brains in them with the outside chance of being laced with cocaine.

Ugg.

It was a Jewsus joke...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-01-2015, 07:18 PM
(18-01-2015 06:55 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-01-2015 03:48 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I find figs all year long. When I buy them in the winter they're probably from South America somewhere, in which case the figs probably have tarantula brains in them with the outside chance of being laced with cocaine.

Ugg.

It was a Jewsus joke...

Oh. Um. Hahahahahaha.

Actually, I try not to think about religion much so religious jokes fly over my head.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
18-01-2015, 07:19 PM
(18-01-2015 03:08 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  There is something very strange about this "Raleigh" place...

It is the capital of the Carolina of the North. It is a strange land of wolves who wear red and an international citizenry. There we have insect festivals, food truck rodeos, and artists who, well, you know artists. A thing called IBM lived here and we have a city-sized area in which many work and no one lives.

But, yeah, lots of weird things. Smile
18-01-2015, 08:28 PM
(18-01-2015 07:19 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(18-01-2015 03:08 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  There is something very strange about this "Raleigh" place...

It is the capital of the Carolina of the North. It is a strange land of wolves who wear red and an international citizenry. There we have insect festivals, food truck rodeos, and artists who, well, you know artists. A thing called IBM lived here and we have a city-sized area in which many work and no one lives.

Food truck rodeos.

That is the most American thing I have ever heard of.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-01-2015, 10:29 PM
(18-01-2015 08:28 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-01-2015 07:19 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  It is the capital of the Carolina of the North. It is a strange land of wolves who wear red and an international citizenry. There we have insect festivals, food truck rodeos, and artists who, well, you know artists. A thing called IBM lived here and we have a city-sized area in which many work and no one lives.

Food truck rodeos.

Funny thing is, I've eaten bugs but never ate at a food truck.
19-01-2015, 04:07 AM
(18-01-2015 10:29 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(18-01-2015 08:28 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Food truck rodeos.

Funny thing is, I've eaten bugs but never ate at a food truck.

If you've eaten from a road truck, you've definitely eaten bug. Big Grin

I used to live the irony of the one that routinely stopped outside my offices in SoCal, playing "La Cucaracha".

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
19-01-2015, 08:32 AM
Down here in Texas a food truck is known as a Roach Coach.