Stellaris

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2016, 08:06 PM
RE: Stellaris
(18-04-2016 08:44 AM)Worom Wrote:  Anyone else planning to play Stellaris when it comes out? I'm on a massive hypetrain for this game.

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/stellaris

Diplomacy... Rolleyes

Joking aside, that does look good... I mean, who doesn't want their own Galactic Empire?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
02-05-2016, 08:10 PM
"The Galaxy is vast, and full of wonders..."

But fire burns them all away... Evil_monster

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-05-2016, 04:12 AM
Watching the multiplayer stream. Martin drives me fucking nuts, I wanna punch him in the face.
He constantly interrupts everyone. Cknoor brings people over to interview and Martin constantly interrupts them when they speak. Holy shit dude, learn some fucking manners and shut the hell up!
Find all posts by this user
06-05-2016, 07:20 AM
(05-05-2016 04:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Watching the multiplayer stream. Martin drives me fucking nuts, I wanna punch him in the face.
He constantly interrupts everyone. Cknoor brings people over to interview and Martin constantly interrupts them when they speak. Holy shit dude, learn some fucking manners and shut the hell up!

I 100% agree, I pre-ordered the game so I get the Blorg as a race option, I'll have them in my first game and all I can say is I declare Exterminatus upon thier worlds.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes Worom's post
06-05-2016, 08:07 PM
I'll post a screenshot of my enslaved Blorg population on Wednesday.
Than I'll send it to Martin.
07-05-2016, 05:24 AM
Arumba (youtuber who plays a lot of Paradox games and other games I like) put up a bunch of Stellaris videos.
He's usually pretty good, he doesn't fanboy over things and gives a pretty unbiased good opinion on things (unlike developers...) plus he's not annoying like Martin.
His videos are also 20minutes by the looks of it so much more manageable than 2 hour videos. I'm 10 minutes into the first one, he's doing a great job of really showing off everything in game. The menus and stuff. Might be worth a watch there Worom.
07-05-2016, 10:52 PM
So I watched like 8 of his videos on his Stellaris playthrough.
Don't watch it Worom, don't do it. It's too painful. How can someone who's played it for 2 days and plays plenty of strategy games be so dumb.
I'll take Martin being an annoying shithead over Arumba playing like a dumbass and complaining about shit not working when the issue isn't the game, it's him being a dumbass any day.

God damn, just give me this game so I can play it properly, noone else seems to wanna play it properly.
08-05-2016, 07:54 AM
Thank you for the heads up on the videos, I'm glad I saw your last post before looking up the videos. I was watching some from quill18 and the technology picks he was making at times was making me want to tear my hair out along with some of his other strategy choices. It's like dude you were just presented your only chance of being able to see hyper lanes as a wormhole empire, so you would have a large strategic advantage over any empire using hyperspace during a war and he decides to choose some other dinky technology instead.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
08-05-2016, 05:20 PM
(08-05-2016 07:54 AM)Worom Wrote:  Thank you for the heads up on the videos, I'm glad I saw your last post before looking up the videos. I was watching some from quill18 and the technology picks he was making at times was making me want to tear my hair out along with some of his other strategy choices. It's like dude you were just presented your only chance of being able to see hyper lanes as a wormhole empire, so you would have a large strategic advantage over any empire using hyperspace during a war and he decides to choose some other dinky technology instead.

Yip, Arumba did similar retarded shit. Passing up rare purple tech that would give him a tech edge in favor of +20% planetary defense. It hurts my soul. And just all the shit he forgets. Like there was these space amoebas, he would have seen them like half a dozen times and could clearly see they had like 450 strength. What does he do? Builds his navy to like 230 and goes to see if he can kill them only to be reminded they're 450 as soon as his fleet warp in. It does my head in.
And like he got confused why a planet was suddenly in enemy space territory even though it wasn't a colonized planet. He got so fucking confused by it. How the hell has he played 2 fucking days and doesn't know that it is obviously a fucking frontier outpost??

*breath in*
*breath out*
Around 16 more hours. Around 16 more hours.
09-05-2016, 02:45 AM
The best thing about Arumba's videos is the youtube comments. ><

"I completely see how he accidentally angered the FE in the MP event now."
"Tomorrow can't come fast enough so I can play this game better."
"The way you play this game makes me cringe"
"adumba"
"You should be using the science vessel for studying anomolies and the like, not initial exploration. Build a military scout ship that is simply fast for the initial exploration."
(and the reply to to the above comment): "+Gary Stern I think he prefers complaining to being efficient Smile"
"normal isn't too too slow. paused is" (because he keeps pausing and gets super confused why none of his ships are moving while he's in paused mode. ><)
""5+1 Energy. "I should build another colony ship!""
"So strange to see Arumba struggling on a Paradox game"
"Arumba is finally punished for being lazy, stubborn and neglecting about multiple things! yay!"
"am i the only one cringing so hard because he wont build outposts? especially when he was talking about getting boxed in" (no bro, you are not)
Annnd finally this basically sums it up:
"Really struggling to carry on watching this series. major money issues in a game where he took the time and effort to orbit his constructor in previous episodes to save .25 but leaves his fleet in the middle of nowhere and doesn't even bother to move around his population to help the money issue when colonizing comes to a stop because of money, ignoring the anomalies, using his ONLY science ship to scout for habitual worlds whilst the economy of the empire falls. So frustrating I think even them falls at the yogscast might play better than him."