Step aside, superheroes! Here's SUPERPOPE!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2014, 02:43 AM
Step aside, superheroes! Here's SUPERPOPE!

With a briefcase labeled with 'valores' (values). I wonder what's in it?

I personally have some respect for him. Especially when he stated that atheists can go to heaven as well, not of much use to us, but I liked the symbolism. (Yes, the Vatican "corrected" that statement later on). His tolerance for gays was probably the most progressive statement ever made by a pope. His humility and critical attitude towards wealth and greed earn him some points as well in my book.

On the other hand, the Vatican still drowns in gold and decadent luxury, women still don't enjoy equal rights, etc.

Superhero or supervillain with some good qualities?

[Image: Pope-Francis-graffiti--001.jpg]

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thammuz's post
30-01-2014, 03:05 AM
RE: Step aside, superheroes! Here's SUPERPOPE!
(30-01-2014 02:43 AM)Thammuz Wrote:  From: The Guardian

I personally have some respect for him. Especially when he stated that atheists can go to heaven as well, not of much use to us, but I liked the symbolism. (Yes, the Vatican "corrected" that statement later on). His tolerance for gays was probably the most progressive statement ever made by a pope. His humility and critical attitude towards wealth and greed earn him some points as well in my book.

On the other hand, the Vatican still drowns in gold and decadent luxury, women still don't enjoy equal rights, etc.

Well that's a name I haven't seen before.
What an odd occurrence.

Anyway; The Popemobile suddenly makes a whole lot more sense with SuperPope.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
30-01-2014, 03:13 AM
He still believes in supernatural and superstitious nonsense.

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 03:15 AM
I don't know. He believes that the mother of Jesus was a virgin after conception and a virgin still after she gave birth. I can overlook the former but not the latter.

I've been doing a great deal of reading on the Middle Ages and just can't get over the knowledge that the building of the papacy was a reign of terror that began with lies and continues it's lies. I don't believe this Pope. The Catholic church will not change it's policies / beliefs because one Pope told a lie to the public.

The atheist and homosexual must first convert, confess, and take communion, X the atheist, X the homosexual.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
30-01-2014, 03:17 AM
(30-01-2014 03:05 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Anyway; The Popemobile suddenly makes a whole lot more sense with SuperPope.

I wonder what kind of gadgets it should have installed in order to make it a true superhero vehicle?

Sprinklers with holy water?

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
[+] 3 users Like Thammuz's post
30-01-2014, 03:35 AM
(30-01-2014 02:43 AM)Thammuz Wrote:  From: The Guardian

The catholic church has great reason to try to improve public reations...

Drinking Beverage
30-01-2014, 03:40 AM
(30-01-2014 03:17 AM)Thammuz Wrote:  I wonder what kind of gadgets it should have installed in order to make it a true superhero vehicle?

That and a mobile baptizing station for infants. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
30-01-2014, 03:46 AM
(30-01-2014 03:40 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 03:17 AM)Thammuz Wrote:  I wonder what kind of gadgets it should have installed in order to make it a true superhero vehicle?

That and a mobile baptizing station for infants. Smile

Nah, what they need is some sort of baptismal cannon!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-01-2014, 10:54 AM
It's the marketing agency in the vatican that is finally getting up to date. Just read his first document (evangelii gaudium), it's a viral campaign manual.

And he doesn't said gays are ok, he just said people shouldn't judge them and the day after that he sent a letter to the french congress urging them to abolish the same sex marriage law.

It's the same old fermented shit with a sugar coating, which makes it even more repulsive if your think about it

[Image: sigvacachica.png]