Stephen Crothers And The Rejection Of The Big Bang Theory

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2014, 11:13 AM
RE: Stephen Crothers And The Rejection Of The Big Bang Theory
(01-10-2014 11:05 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 08:09 AM)David Stone Wrote:  Well scientists you have a big bang coming! Why do you attack Crothers in the way that you have above? Did you read, and more importantly understand what he has written? Obviously not. As such you are in no position to say anything, you cannot possibly make any judgement.

Just to get you started I would like one of you to reply to the question "what exactly do you understand by Einstein's psuedo-tensor?" Once someone has at least demonstrated some knowledge of GR, perhaps you can discuss how it operates with the real tensor quantities specified by Einstein, and the results you get from these operations.

This forum says it is for thinking Aetheists, well lets have some real thought and not ad-hominem attacks without any basis at all, or pictures which are at least in the context of the question under discussion. The above are all banned by your own forum rules, perhaps you did not read them!

Crothers appears to me to be a very able mathematician who has followed the content of the GR papers fully, checking every line, and has found a number of errors in the MATHEMATICS. This is very embarressing for all the others of us who have assumed that the paper had been checked by someone else and found correct! The errors entirely invalidate the theory as expounded by Einstein, because if the errors are corrected somehow the therory will no longer give the results which Einstein produced and from which the rest of modern astronomy follows. This is all carefully and correctly explained in fairly simple terms in the cited Crothers papers, and to date no one has produced any evidence at all that his papers contain any error, so following the scientific process review by a great many people has validated his claims. If you can prove him incorrect you will leap to fame so it is worth your while to check carefully!Blink

Oh, good, tryhard persecution complex pseudoscience.

How compelling.

I'm going to ask you a very simple question: if Crothers is so correct, why does no one take him seriously? Why is there no peer-reviewed analysis of his work? Why do competent experts ignore him?

Remember, "lol conspiracy" is not an answer.

From Crothers' web site:
Crothers Wrote:My papers were posted to the electronic archive of the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy, but members of the International Committee for General Relativity and Gravitational and/or their associates, servants or agents, arranged for all my papers to be removed from the ICTP, without my knowledge. I was subsequently barred from posting papers to the ICTP website. It became clear that the ICTP is also actively engaged in the suppression and falsification of science.

So, "lol conspiracy" is the correct answer. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-10-2014, 11:21 AM
(01-10-2014 11:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  From Crothers' web site:
Crothers Wrote:My papers were posted to the electronic archive of the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy, but members of the International Committee for General Relativity and Gravitational and/or their associates, servants or agents, arranged for all my papers to be removed from the ICTP, without my knowledge. I was subsequently barred from posting papers to the ICTP website. It became clear that the ICTP is also actively engaged in the suppression and falsification of science.

Please compare his claims to the "Crackpot Index." He gets points for each claim that is on the list. The more points he has the bigger crackpot he is:

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/crackpot.html
[+] 4 users Like ghostexorcist's post
01-10-2014, 11:51 AM
(01-10-2014 11:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 11:05 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Oh, good, tryhard persecution complex pseudoscience.

How compelling.

I'm going to ask you a very simple question: if Crothers is so correct, why does no one take him seriously? Why is there no peer-reviewed analysis of his work? Why do competent experts ignore him?

Remember, "lol conspiracy" is not an answer.

From Crothers' web site:

Eesh. I wish I had "servants or agents".

Clearly a single random Italian physics institute is representative of the entire worldwide community, and Crothers obviously need not entreat a single other think tank, journal, or research group anywhere else in the world.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
01-10-2014, 11:55 AM
(01-10-2014 08:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 08:09 AM)David Stone Wrote:  Well scientists you have a big bang coming! Why do you attack Crothers in the way that you have above? Did you read, and more importantly understand what he has written? Obviously not. As such you are in no position to say anything, you cannot possibly make any judgement.

Just to get you started I would like one of you to reply to the question "what exactly do you understand by Einstein's psuedo-tensor?" Once someone has at least demonstrated some knowledge of GR, perhaps you can discuss how it operates with the real tensor quantities specified by Einstein, and the results you get from these operations.

This forum says it is for thinking Aetheists, well lets have some real thought and not ad-hominem attacks without any basis at all, or pictures which are at least in the context of the question under discussion. The above are all banned by your own forum rules, perhaps you did not read them!

Crothers appears to me to be a very able mathematician who has followed the content of the GR papers fully, checking every line, and has found a number of errors in the MATHEMATICS. This is very embarressing for all the others of us who have assumed that the paper had been checked by someone else and found correct! The errors entirely invalidate the theory as expounded by Einstein, because if the errors are corrected somehow the therory will no longer give the results which Einstein produced and from which the rest of modern astronomy follows. This is all carefully and correctly explained in fairly simple terms in the cited Crothers papers, and to date no one has produced any evidence at all that his papers contain any error, so following the scientific process review by a great many people has validated his claims. If you can prove him incorrect you will leap to fame so it is worth your while to check carefully!Blink

"pseudo"

Proving crackpots wrong is no path to fame, but here you go.

Holy crap, What-The-Actual-Fuck? How do their mental processes go so far off the rails that they deny relativity? I guess I shouldn't be surprised, there are still nutcases that think the Earth is flat. FacepalmFacepalmFacepalm

It's this stuff that distanced me from Christianity, it was so convoluted, yet so "sciency" , yet so vacuous. I just couldn't take this insanity anymore, science isn't a conspiracy against Christianity. If you invoke conspiracy about why an idea isn't accepted, perhaps it's time to seriously re-evaluate why you believe what you do.
Perhaps there are GOOD reasons to not believe a nutty theory instead of doubling down on insanity and finding more complex reasons to believe a flawed theory.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
01-10-2014, 12:06 PM
(01-10-2014 08:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  

"pseudo"

Proving crackpots wrong is no path to fame, but here you go.

I emailed the Crackpot Index to a few people, including my dad. You have no idea the hilarity you caused in the West Coast medical establishment this AM. Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-10-2014, 06:34 AM
Well it seems that none of you is up to my challenge. You can abuse me if you wish, I expect nothing else, but important people are taking a lot of notice of Crothers. Why not discuss the actual content of Crothers work, rather than this nonsense above. How about discussing the signature of the pseudo (typing slower this time!) -tensor? What about the proof by the inventor of tensor calculus that Einsteins tensor result does not exist? How about the superposition of non linear equations, can you prove that is a valid mathematical technique given Einsteins own postulates. I await the answers.
08-10-2014, 10:35 AM
(08-10-2014 06:34 AM)David Stone Wrote:  Well it seems that none of you is up to my challenge. You can abuse me if you wish, I expect nothing else, but important people are taking a lot of notice of Crothers. Why not discuss the actual content of Crothers work, rather than this nonsense above. How about discussing the signature of the pseudo (typing slower this time!) -tensor? What about the proof by the inventor of tensor calculus that Einsteins tensor result does not exist? How about the superposition of non linear equations, can you prove that is a valid mathematical technique given Einsteins own postulates. I await the answers.

Read this.

08-10-2014, 10:44 AM
(08-10-2014 06:34 AM)David Stone Wrote:  Well it seems that none of you is up to my challenge. You can abuse me if you wish, I expect nothing else, but important people are taking a lot of notice of Crothers.

Citation needed.

(08-10-2014 06:34 AM)David Stone Wrote:  Why not discuss the actual content of Crothers work, rather than this nonsense above. How about discussing the signature of the pseudo (typing slower this time!) -tensor? What about the proof by the inventor of tensor calculus that Einsteins tensor result does not exist? How about the superposition of non linear equations, can you prove that is a valid mathematical technique given Einsteins own postulates. I await the answers.

Since you don't know what those words mean, I see no point in wasting my time.

... this is my signature!
08-10-2014, 11:00 AM
If anyone's taking notice of Stephen Crothers it's probably by mistake like me, thinking it's saying Stephen Colbert when I keep glancing past the thread.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
08-10-2014, 11:03 AM
(08-10-2014 10:44 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 06:34 AM)David Stone Wrote:  Well it seems that none of you is up to my challenge. You can abuse me if you wish, I expect nothing else, but important people are taking a lot of notice of Crothers.

Citation needed.

(08-10-2014 06:34 AM)David Stone Wrote:  Why not discuss the actual content of Crothers work, rather than this nonsense above. How about discussing the signature of the pseudo (typing slower this time!) -tensor? What about the proof by the inventor of tensor calculus that Einsteins tensor result does not exist? How about the superposition of non linear equations, can you prove that is a valid mathematical technique given Einsteins own postulates. I await the answers.

Since you don't know what those words mean, I see no point in wasting my time.

I'm getting the feeling that the OP is Crothers.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post