Stephen Fry's Nose

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2012, 10:47 PM
RE: Stephen Fry's Nose
(08-10-2012 10:45 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(08-10-2012 10:43 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Very true. Your near-obsessive grammar-naziism has given me a wake-up call. lol

"near"?!?! How dare you?

Lmao

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Stephen's nose is, more than likely, a deviated septum, as is Owen Wilson's, Robert Redford's, and mine. Adrian Brody's was broken I think about 3 times- I adore his schnoz.

Yep, mine's not nearly as magnificent as Adrian's, but crooks over to the right pretty darn well. Robert Redford's does too - he only allows himself to be photographed from certain angles. When you got one of these honkers... you just can't bring yourself to have it "fixed". You just learn to live with it and kind of think... why would you want to look like everyone else?

I keep thinking someone should just hit me and break it - like Adrian's. I kind of have it figured out; I would need a south paw so it would break toward the left. That might straighten it out. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
09-10-2012, 12:43 AM
(08-10-2012 11:42 PM)kim Wrote:  Stephen's nose is, more than likely, a deviated septum, as is Owen Wilson's, Robert Redford's, and mine. Adrian Brody's was broken I think about 3 times- I adore his schnoz.

Yep, mine's not nearly as magnificent as Adrian's, but crooks over to the right pretty darn well. Robert Redford's does too - he only allows himself to be photographed from certain angles. When you got one of these honkers... you just can't bring yourself to have it "fixed". You just learn to live with it and kind of think... why would you want to look like everyone else?

I keep thinking someone should just hit me and break it - like Adrian's. I kind of have it figured out; I would need a south paw so it would break toward the left. That might straighten it out. Shy

lol. I've got one of those "strong" European noses; but it doesn't deviate in any particular direction.

For me, having work done wouldn't be in the interest of social comformity; it would be in the interest of looking the way I feel I should look - for myself. That's why I work out as religiously as I do. Not to be "buff" or "ripped" in order to look good - it's simply because "buff" or "ripped" is how I feel. Thus, my body reflects it.

I suppose, from my view, body modification could be likened to someone undergoing a gender transformation; though not necessarily as extreme. If I had Stephen's nose, personally, it would drive me nuts. I'd have to get it "fixed". But, that's me. Something nobody on Youtube seemed to understand. lol

03-05-2013, 06:21 PM
*UPDATE*

Some people STILL think I'm too critical and overanalyze things. Whatever, bro. Drinking Beverage

05-05-2013, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2013 12:25 AM by Peanut.)
(03-05-2013 06:21 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  *UPDATE*

Some people STILL think I'm too critical and overanalyze things. Whatever, bro. Drinking Beverage

Consider

"...I didn't even notice until you pointed it out. Even when I went to look at it, I don't see anything wrong with it. You look too deeply into things."

Was it that? I guess the author was a little too judgmental THEMSELVES. They shouldn't assume that you look "too deeply into things." (They more likely made an educated guess, based on what they knew of your personality already.) I think all they were trying to point out was that they try to see people for who they are and they don't focus on minor flaws. I don't think the author was trying to bring you down, man.

That being said, did I tell you how much I enjoyed this short story? Well, it was awesome. Big Grin I liked the "Tell-Tale Heart" reference. It gave me a great visual. (I loled)

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
05-05-2013, 12:37 AM
(05-05-2013 12:02 AM)Peanut Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 06:21 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  *UPDATE*

Consider

"...I didn't even notice until you pointed it out. Even when I went to look at it, I don't see anything wrong with it. You look too deeply into things."

Was it that? I guess the author was a little too judgmental THEMSELVES. They shouldn't assume that you look "too deeply into things." (They more likely made an educated guess, based on what they knew of your personality already.) I think all they were trying to point out was that they try to see people for who they are and they don't focus on minor flaws. I don't think the author was trying to bring you down, man.

That being said, did I tell you how much I enjoyed this short story? Well, it was awesome. Big Grin I liked the "Tell-Tale Heart" reference. It gave me a great visual. (I loled)

Not to ring my own bell, but I too enjoyed this particular story of mine when I re-read it after all these months. lol

05-05-2013, 12:50 AM
(05-05-2013 12:37 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Not to ring my own bell, but I too enjoyed this particular story of mine when I re-read it after all these months. lol

You LOVE tootin' your own horn Drinking Beverage I don't know who you're trying to fool.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
05-05-2013, 01:09 AM
(05-05-2013 12:50 AM)Peanut Wrote:  
(05-05-2013 12:37 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Not to ring my own bell, but I too enjoyed this particular story of mine when I re-read it after all these months. lol

You LOVE tootin' your own horn Drinking Beverage I don't know who you're trying to fool.

Yeah, but tooting one's own horn is not meant for public display. That's why I do it in private. Drinking Beverage

05-05-2013, 01:28 AM
(05-05-2013 01:09 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(05-05-2013 12:50 AM)Peanut Wrote:  You LOVE tootin' your own horn Drinking Beverage I don't know who you're trying to fool.

Yeah, but tooting one's own horn is not meant for public display. That's why I do it in private. Drinking Beverage

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVQc2GErTsmZCn68SWydx...Nl_DDCFbsQ]

[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post