Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Stephen Hawking : A Brief History of Time
"A Brief History of Time : Stephen Hawking "

Source : topdocumentaryfilms.com/ You tube

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/a-brief-history-of-time/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeaIHB5mB...r_embedded

A meterialistic view of time, the universe ....

Tell me about it indeed , thanks , appreciate

Happy new year by the way , best wishes to you all
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes AbdelZ's post
30-12-2011, 12:01 AM
RE: Stephen Hawking : A Brief History of Time
What would you like to know about it? I haven't seen the documentary but I own the book, which is worth reading if you're interested in physics. I don't remember it coming across as materialistic, it was more of a book that explained the abstract ideas of physics in terms that could be understood by someone who had basic knowledge of physics.

Of all the ideas put forth by science, it is the principle of Superposition that can undo any power of the gods. For the accumulation of smaller actions has the ability to create, destroy, and move the world.

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." -W. E. Henley
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Glaucus's post
30-12-2011, 12:57 PM
(30-12-2011 12:01 AM)Glaucus Wrote:  What would you like to know about it? I haven't seen the documentary but I own the book, which is worth reading if you're interested in physics. I don't remember it coming across as materialistic, it was more of a book that explained the abstract ideas of physics in terms that could be understood by someone who had basic knowledge of physics.

Depends on what's your own definition of materialism, the latter that dominates nowadays in exact sciences as well as in human sciences, excluding all non-materialistic paradigms in the process :

Do feel free to tell me about that book though , please , appreciate

Here is another view concerning Hawking :

Source : the Washington Post :

Stephen Hawking, science & sharia :

http://www.islamicity.com/m/news_frame.a...ceID=57932

Happy new year by the way, thanks , appreciate
31-12-2011, 02:46 AM
Interesting blog post but other than a brief mention of hawking at the beginning it had nothing to do with him. I really enjoyed the off hand remark about Hawkings arrogance about god. I wouldn't call it arrogance I would call it confidence or assuredness. But then again I don't get offended when people tell me there is no god nor do I get offended when they say otherwise.
The blog author has a very comfortable style of writing that is very welcoming.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
01-01-2012, 01:34 PM
(31-12-2011 02:46 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Interesting blog post but other than a brief mention of hawking at the beginning it had nothing to do with him. I really enjoyed the off hand remark about Hawkings arrogance about god. I wouldn't call it arrogance I would call it confidence or assuredness. But then again I don't get offended when people tell me there is no god nor do I get offended when they say otherwise.

Hawking is an arrogant pathetic guy in the egocentric ignorant ideological sense = has nothing to do with confidence ,because God's existence can neither be proved as such directly nor can it be denied seriously

That's why i say that atheism is just an egocentric psychological disorder that has nothing to do with science , the latter that's only concerned about material matters & processes : metaphysical matters such as God , the human spirit ...are far beyond humans ' & science's reach , so

Atheism is thus just yet another kindda belief = denying the existence of God without being able to "prove " it as such
01-01-2012, 01:54 PM
(01-01-2012 01:34 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  
(31-12-2011 02:46 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Interesting blog post but other than a brief mention of hawking at the beginning it had nothing to do with him. I really enjoyed the off hand remark about Hawkings arrogance about god. I wouldn't call it arrogance I would call it confidence or assuredness. But then again I don't get offended when people tell me there is no god nor do I get offended when they say otherwise.

Hawking is an arrogant pathetic guy in the egocentric ignorant ideological sense = has nothing to do with confidence ,because God's existence can neither be proved as such directly nor can it be denied seriously

That's why i say that atheism is just an egocentric psychological disorder that has nothing to do with science , the latter that's only concerned about material matters & processes : metaphysical matters such as God , the human spirit ...are far beyond humans ' & science's reach , so

Atheism is thus just yet another kindda belief = denying the existence of God without being able to "prove " it as such

I suggest you read God: The Failed Hypothesis, Victor J. Stenger

He presents a very strong case for the non-existence of the god of Islam, Christianity, or Judaism.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-01-2012, 01:57 PM
AbdelZ, Atheism is the default position everyone including you was born into this default position,the idea of gods is learned from others usually from the parents.

If atheism is an "egocentric psychological disorder" like you claim, then every human to have ever existed was born with this 'disorder' including yourself.

Not believing in something due to there being no evidence is not arrogant. However Believing fairy tales about an ancient creator alien, when there is no evidence that even suggests the possibility of its existence is completely arrogant!

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 5 users Like FSM_scot's post
01-01-2012, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2012 04:21 PM by AbdelZ.)
01-01-2012, 04:20 PM
No AbdelZ it's not a False conclusion based on a false assumption. It's a logical conclusion based on logic and facts.

The idea of a god is implanted by others and reenforced by endoctrination and Brainwashing.

If you raise a child without the idea of a god they won't beleive in a god. There are several members of this forum who have done just that or have been raised that way.

They are living proof of my point.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 4 users Like FSM_scot's post
01-01-2012, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2012 05:48 PM by kim.)
AbdelZ - Belief or faith, opinions, and interpretations, are all subjective and they do not have to be the same for everyone.
When you talk about science, mathematical proofs, information backed up with solid data such as scientific facts are objective and are held to the same scrutiny by everyone.

It is very obvious you are trying to confuse or blend subjectivity with objectivity, and that is not a rational, objective way to view any science or even solid data without becoming biased in some way.
In fact, it is not even a faithful way to view one's beliefs! It is your choice if you wish to corrupt your faith by trying to incorporate it into scientific data; I want no part of that.
By the same token, I do not appreciate you trying to insinuate your beliefs into a scientific method, and on these points you will probably be resoundingly ignored or taken to task by many for doing so.

And NO, DO NOT SEND ME A PERSONAL MESSAGE -YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post