Stephen Hawking : A Brief History of Time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2012, 01:46 PM
RE: Stephen Hawking : A Brief History of Time
(05-01-2012 01:17 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  Note : modern formal logic is sometimes just a matter of cultural habits

For example : to say that a proposition can only be true or false is not always true :

formal logic that relies mainly on resemblances between things , associations ....mostly

+ most of western thought is conceptual = not really a serious way to apprehend reality

No, there is not just one formal logic. W.V.O. Quine postulated denial of the Law of the Excluded Middle (binary logic) and encompassing the middle where it might be both true and false or neither true nor false. He also cast doubt on the analytic/synthetic difference.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2012, 03:20 PM
(05-01-2012 01:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 01:17 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  Note : modern formal logic is sometimes just a matter of cultural habits

For example : to say that a proposition can only be true or false is not always true :

formal logic that relies mainly on resemblances between things , associations ....mostly

+ most of western thought is conceptual = not really a serious way to apprehend reality

No, there is not just one formal logic. W.V.O. Quine postulated denial of the Law of the Excluded Middle (binary logic) and encompassing the middle where it might be both true and false or neither true nor false. He also cast doubt on the analytic/synthetic difference.

Ok, i know , formal logic must be combined with Oriental holism as western individualism has been via post-modernism for example : (while islam for example is already individualistic & holistic at the same time = an understatement )

Just try to find this unique book on the matter : "Geography of Thought " or how Asians & westerners think differently & why ? by culture psychologist Richard E.Nisbett , even though it's just an evolutionary liberal view , then you would know exactly what i was talking about
Find all posts by this user
05-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Everyone.. Make sure you read AbdelZ posts again.. and then again... and a third time.

If his gibberish didn't make sense the first time maybe it will the fourth time. I assure you it only LOOKS like gibberish to us due to the fact we are all clueless idiots. Obviously our comprehension of the English language is severely limited due to our corrupt western upbringing and the mental handicaps caused by being an atheist or Christian.

We must look like a bunch of retarded monkeys next to AbdelZ elocutio.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 4 users Like DeepThought's post
05-01-2012, 08:49 PM
I wonder if he could commit 'jihad' on himself!!! Nice...

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
05-01-2012, 09:03 PM
(05-01-2012 01:17 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  I do not wanna repeat myself over & over again

yet you do

constantly!

In just about every post.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
06-01-2012, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2012 03:55 PM by AbdelZ.)
(05-01-2012 08:49 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  I wonder if he could commit 'jihad' on himself!!! Nice...

haha

I do that all the time , do not worry = that's the biggest form of jihad indeed

(05-01-2012 09:03 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 01:17 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  I do not wanna repeat myself over & over again

yet you do

constantly!

In just about every post.

well, i do just that because you are such quick learners, folks
06-01-2012, 04:19 PM
(06-01-2012 03:52 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  well, i do just that because you are such quick learners, folks
You do because You haven't realised that constantly repeating yourself DOES NOT make you right.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]