Stephen Hawking ... no god(s) needed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 04:31 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Stephen Hawking ... no god(s) needed
(19-04-2013 03:07 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 03:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Troll.

That was a troll comment. I apologize to the forum for making it.

I do not forgive you for making it.
In your tradition of knocking down minds FAR FAR greater than yours, the comment stands in it's consistent context. It's you, BlowJob. All the way you. At least you're a consistent troll.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 03:22 PM
(19-04-2013 03:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 03:07 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  That was a troll comment. I apologize to the forum for making it.

I do not forgive you for making it.
In your tradition of knocking down minds FAR FAR greater than your, the comment stands in it's consistent context. It's you, BlowJob. All the way you. At least you're a consistent troll.

I wasn't knocking down a great mind like Hawking's. I never said he was dumb or wrong. I was making a snide, unwarranted comment about you. I'm sorry about that.
19-04-2013, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 03:28 PM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(19-04-2013 03:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 03:08 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Awesome stuff. I love that Hawking guy.

Side note, I wish you people would stop quoting that BlowJob idiot - not much point having him on ignore if I read all his crap when everyone quote him.

Maybe 'ignore' would be more useful if a sufficient number automatically triggered a ban.
You know, if 10 users put you on 'ignore', you cease to exist. Thumbsup

What's to prevent someone from making ten sock puppets and abusing the system to get someone banned they don't like? Also if you implemented such a system this place would become more of a circle jerk fest than it already is.
19-04-2013, 03:30 PM
(19-04-2013 03:24 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 03:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  Maybe 'ignore' would be more useful if a sufficient number automatically triggered a ban.
You know, if 10 users put you on 'ignore', you cease to exist. Thumbsup

What's to prevent someone from making ten sock puppets and abusing the system to get someone banned they don't like? Also if you implemented such a system this place would become more of a circle jerk fest than it already is.

If you don't like it here, go elsewhere. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-04-2013, 03:35 PM
(19-04-2013 03:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 03:24 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  What's to prevent someone from making ten sock puppets and abusing the system to get someone banned they don't like? Also if you implemented such a system this place would become more of a circle jerk fest than it already is.

If you don't like it here, go elsewhere. Dodgy

Circle jerking on an atheist site is expected. This site really isn't horribly bad in that respect. I still don't like it, but it is tolerable.
19-04-2013, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 05:11 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-04-2013 03:22 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 03:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I do not forgive you for making it.
In your tradition of knocking down minds FAR FAR greater than your, the comment stands in it's consistent context. It's you, BlowJob. All the way you. At least you're a consistent troll.

I wasn't knocking down a great mind like Hawking's. I never said he was dumb or wrong. I was making a snide, unwarranted comment about you. I'm sorry about that.

You were not. You were responding to a thread about Hawking.
But thanks a great deal indeed. You proved by your response, that essentially your belief in the god(s) is a "god of the gaps" argument, as you have or know of no better explanation. You finally admitted it. Thumbsup

BTW when exactly were you planning on "challenging" our beliefs ? That was you stated purpose in coming here. When were you going to start that ? Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
19-04-2013, 09:00 PM
Re: RE: Stephen Hawking ... no god(s) needed
(19-04-2013 03:24 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 03:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  Maybe 'ignore' would be more useful if a sufficient number automatically triggered a ban.
You know, if 10 users put you on 'ignore', you cease to exist. :thumbsup:

An understanding of forum rules is also escaping you.

It's against the rules to make sick puppet accounts, simply doing that is alone worthy of banning.
19-04-2013, 09:14 PM
(19-04-2013 09:00 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 03:24 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  What's to prevent someone from making ten sock puppets and abusing the system to get someone banned they don't like? Also if you implemented such a system this place would become more of a circle jerk fest than it already is.

An understanding of forum rules is also escaping you.

It's against the rules to make sick puppet accounts, simply doing that is alone worthy of banning.

I understand the rules Clyde, but just because there is a rule against sock puppets, doesn't mean people don't get away with making them.
19-04-2013, 09:28 PM
I dunno about this forum, but on others I've seen accounts be flagged for having the same IP address or posting habits. And a sudden rush of new accounts all ignoring the same person would be a huge red flag regardless.

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
19-04-2013, 09:31 PM
Re: RE: Stephen Hawking ... no god(s) needed
(19-04-2013 09:14 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 09:00 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  An understanding of forum rules is also escaping you.

I understand the rules Clyde, but just because there is a rule against sock puppets, doesn't mean people don't get away with making them.

Yes but it's you speaking of an improbable and impractical occurrence based on slight probability.

It's not under the radar to note 10 accounts springing up making the 30 posts or whatever it is to rep and all negging one person. You make it tough to distinguish if you are being serious or gravitate to probability if it fits your point.