Stereotypes that hurt atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2012, 04:27 AM
RE: Stereotypes that hurt atheism
This thread has left me with a massive erection..... I thank you all.

"Gary, it's burning, what we gonna do"
-Bill Bailey
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dunhill808's post
09-06-2012, 06:10 AM
Hey, Elemts.

Glad I could be a simpleton... Wait...

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
09-06-2012, 06:11 AM
(09-06-2012 04:27 AM)Dunhill808 Wrote:  This thread has left me with a massive erection..... I thank you all.

Prove it!

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
09-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Assuming all participants are consenting and of age, unless someone has a spouse at home who's under the impression the relationship is monogamous I don't see why I should even concede that's immoral. Christians may call it immoral, but I'm no more bound to follow their code of ethics than they are bound to follow a Muslim's.

Does it hurt atheism's image? Maybe. But when it comes to the 'atheists are all hedonistic perverts' crowd, I doubt much is going to help it short of atheists professing to believe in their god.
[+] 1 user Likes Katherine's post
12-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Rainbow RE: Stereotypes that hurt atheism
Sexuality and religious belief should not be linked. While I am a lesbian, I did not stumble into atheism because I blamed some invisible god for making me like girls. I blame it on natural selection, personally. My Nana had eight children, my mother six. My genes are telling me to stop populating the world. Just kidding, but you get the picture. I am an atheist because I am intelligent and strong enough not to need an invisible friend to lean on. I am an atheist because I see the way the world wars over religion. I am an atheist because men and women smarter than I have made valid points and I am openminded enough to hear them and accept them. I do not use atheism to practice a bizarre lifestyle. In fact, I try to lead the best life I can. Kindness to others, care for the planet, supporting those who cannot support themselves. I'm a nurse. It's what I do.
On a side note, I think people who list themselves as agnostic or atheist on those sites only do so to placate others who think, he's a ______ and he does that? They don't want to involve their personal god because they're afraid of being hypocritical. Hey, at least we atheists aren't afraid to be who we are, right?
[+] 1 user Likes aunts1384's post