Still Afraid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2016, 01:06 PM
Still Afraid
Is it okay if you guys help me to not be afraid of demons? I'm not afraid of one in my room tryjng to scare me or anything like that. It's just that people scare me when they say how satan is trying to deceive people and that he'll use mostly truth with a little lie to fool people. I know it's probably kind of silly, but I still get scared when people say stuff like that.

Can you guys help me out?
I really want to graduate and go to college so I can be away from everything. It's really annoying and it's not good for my mental health.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
04-05-2016, 01:50 PM
RE: Still Afraid
(04-05-2016 01:06 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  ... how satan is trying to deceive people and that he'll use mostly truth with a little lie to fool people.

Tell them that they are confused.

That's not Satan. That's Clinton.

Also, how do they know this? How do they know they haven't been deceived by Satan into thinking this.

Anyway, relax ... there is no Satan. I should know, I am Satan.

Wink

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
04-05-2016, 01:53 PM
There is a good book by Elaine Pagels called the Origin of Satan. Satan and demons are a man-made entity. It's no different than if I told you there was a monster hiding under your bed. The same people who wrote about God, satan, devils, and demons also believed the sun passed through the underworld because they couldn't see it anymore at night time. Remember that the next time anyone tries to scare you about the devil.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
04-05-2016, 01:54 PM
If you can ask for proof. And remember that stories about demons can't compare to real tragedies. No otherworldly whispers were needed for Shoah to happen, no little devil sat on Stalin shoulder during purges urging him to kill more, no demon made Pol Pot responsible for whatever happened in Cambodia.

World can be scary and brutal place but no supernatural entity is responsible for that. Devil is convenient excuse for human vice - it's easier to said demon made me do it than face one own crime.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
04-05-2016, 01:57 PM
watch supernatural. that will ruin anything anyone has said about demons. if you have watched it. watch it again. fall in love with satan. laugh with the king of hell.. pull for the demons.

theres no reason not to watch supernatural Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like Jewelarcher's post
04-05-2016, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2016 02:10 PM by Nurse.)
Demons would imply there is a supernatural realm. There is no evidence to support such a a claim.

Does bad shit happen in the world? Yes. Some of it is coincidental - wrong place, wrong time. Some of it is intentional - there are assholes in this world.

It is estimated that 3% of men and 1% of women have antisocial personality disorder (also known as sociopathy). Those are your demons - people with no empathy and inhibited emotions including fear. If there truly were a being in your closet, it would be a sick fuck like Dennis Rader, not beelzebub. Fortunately, the BTKs of the world are few and far between (even among sociopaths). As far as lies and partial truths - um yeh, that's how you get away with a lie. Mostly fact, tiny bit of fiction - much less to remember and it sounds credible. It's how I got away with all my high school antics in a conservative household. Your sociopaths are fucking brilliant with it, especially your smarter ones. Stupid ones end up in prison, your smarter ones either never get caught or are surgeons/politicians/businessmen. The only reason BTK got caught was because he had a narcissistic element to his personality - he enjoyed the taunt that he was smarter.

As far as explaining what some people experience - psychosis exists. Hallucinations happen. There are explanations that pass the scientific method and can be reproduced. Severe anxiety can cause a person to misinterpret their surroundings. Schizophrenia is a debilitating disease. Bronze Age people sitting around a campfire didn't know what to think of Cousin Vinny losing his mind at 20 after waging war on the village next door - all they know is he's seeing blood and dead people and hearing voices, so it must be a demon.
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
04-05-2016, 02:30 PM
Still Afraid
Around when I stopped being Catholic, I read an article in which a Cardinal said one should never study demonology because that would open one's soul to demons. I was so afraid but the quest for knowledge was too great. I was never possessed.

Around when I stopped being religious, someone dared me to repeat a ritual that would summon a demon. He believed and freaked out. I'm still waiting.

I have written stories and scripts about demons and Satan, even at times making them the good guys. I am working on one in which Legion is on the good side. None have thanked me.

You'd think if demons were real, I'd at least be friends or have one tormenting me by now.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
04-05-2016, 02:34 PM
I think Turkey Burner said he had a succubus once. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
04-05-2016, 02:41 PM
Don't be afraid of demons. There's no god watching your every move, and there is no demon doing that, either. You're not a battlefield in some cosmic war.

People warning about demons are trying to control you by means of fear (that's often because they don't have enough logic and facts at their command to convince you intellectually).
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
04-05-2016, 02:57 PM
A few months after I left I remember having simaler fears.

But then I thought of it this way.

1. If Satan/demons existed why would they be holding back on simple mental tricks. Puting in your mind pretty simple basic questions.
2. If a God exsited one that would having in his power to prevent sed demons from attacking your brain why wouldn't he do so.
3. All he would have to do to prevent said demons from "takeing over your mind" is answer the question.
4. What do we know about these "demons"? pretty much nothing.

Again it would all fall on God. One that We don't believe it.

If the Christian God was true he made hell, he made the demons and the Devil. I would be more afraid of the thing that would A. Think that shit up. B. Make that Shit up.

So lets step back and say these are some other type of creatures. Most of the time I was thinking of these creatures their ability's always were something that was within my reson. Because I was the one thinking them up.

What was preventing these creatures from attacking you when you believed? Why dose having an idea about a god become the only repellent for these demons?

You're fine. It just the side affect of brainwashing.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin