Still Afraid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2016, 03:01 PM
Still Afraid
How can someone be an Atheist and be afraid of the devil?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
RE: Still Afraid
(04-05-2016 02:34 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I think Turkey Burner said he had a succubus once. Wink

I did have one after me for a while but I managed to avoid her. I am pretty sure I am under the spell of one now. But, I think I like this one. I might actually be an incubus myself.

How can I help you?

Evil_monster

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
The only real Demons are the ones Mopar made back in the early 70's.......

Other than those, you don't have much to worry about....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-05-2016, 03:10 PM
Thanks guys. I know it is silly to be worried about these things. There is zero evidence of their existence.

I know some people would say something like, "That's what they would want you to think. They're actually real blah blah blah."

If it turned out that they were real, it would not be our fault that we didn't believe in that stuff. It's gard to believe something crazy like that if there's no evidence.
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
04-05-2016, 03:13 PM
But -- banshees are real.

You don't wanna fuck with no banshee.....

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-05-2016, 03:16 PM
(04-05-2016 03:01 PM)KUSA Wrote:  How can someone be an Atheist and be afraid of the devil?

I should give you some background:
- I've only been an atheist for a little over a month maybe.
- I am still a minor who lives with their parents (almost out though).
- I go to a religious boarding school so I am constantly exposed to religious stuff (about to graduate).
- My wonky mental health doesn't help either.
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
04-05-2016, 03:23 PM
Still Afraid
(04-05-2016 03:16 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 03:01 PM)KUSA Wrote:  How can someone be an Atheist and be afraid of the devil?

I should give you some background:
- I've only been an atheist for a little over a month maybe.
- I am still a minor who lives with their parents (almost out though).
- I go to a religious boarding school so I am constantly exposed to religious stuff (about to graduate).
- My wonky mental health doesn't help either.

You have to let go of the brainwashing as best as you can then.

Good luck with it.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
04-05-2016, 03:33 PM
Remember that, despite all the reason and logic in the world, it is very, very common for us formerly religious to have fears of demons, Hell, Satan etc.
Having these fears doesn't make you 'not a real atheist' and it doesn't mean you're not reasonable and sceptic and all that. It just means that you were indoctrinated growing up and this fear, that was beaten into you as a child, still sits there, in a corner of your brain.
You're clearly a smart and reasonable young person. Way ahead of most your age. Little paranoid thoughts don't define you. They're just little things that were carved into your brain when you were growing up, and now your brain occationally plays them on repeat, despite all your consious brain knowing it's bullshit.
It's all very normal! It's one of the many joys of indoctrination. Many of your new friends here will understand!
Hug
[+] 2 users Like LadyDay's post
04-05-2016, 03:52 PM
Don't worry, pal. Demons aren't real. Hug

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
04-05-2016, 04:09 PM
(04-05-2016 01:06 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Is it okay if you guys help me to not be afraid of demons?
If you were a demon, and IF you purpose was to sway people away from god then you would be best to not interact at all.

The god, apparently wants to be completely hidden. If you, as a demon, show yourself then people will believe in god.

Question - Why would a demon care if people believe in god or not? Why wouldn't a demon focus on their own lives and forget about the god themselves?

If the god wants people to be tempted so that they can exercise free will so that the god can ultimately make judgment on humans regarding the choices they make in these trials, then it seems that demons (creators of the trials) are instrumental in the god's plan. If the demons did not tempt then the god's cunning plan would be thwarted, there would be no reason for humans to make use of their free will. God could not judge.

The theistic view of demons is illogical. They have Satan and demons being gods essential helpers and workers and yet they "demonise" these loyal and thankless workers.

Honestly, why would demons care about what humans get up to? Are you overly concerned about what ants do?

Religion is human centric, somewhat like lord of the rings being human centric. The elves are only interested in supporting the humans, when the time comes they leave and the world becomes the domain of humans. We humans are so overly self obsessed that we fall for these stories.