Still Afraid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2016, 04:15 PM
RE: Still Afraid
There are no demons, no satan, no boogeyman, nada. Demons were once used to explain all sorts of things, for example medical conditions like sleep paralysis, epilepsy, etc.

We now know better.

It's funny how demon possessions/sightings and miracles have virtually ceased to happen with the advent of photography and cell phones. Harder to fake and lie.

Simply put, they do not exist. You have nothing to fear, but fear itself. Do not let it control your life.

Fear is one horrid method used by religion to keep the masses in check. I myself know all too well. My anxiety stems from the time when I believed, and became amplified when I left religion. Today it inhibits me from living a normal life, and I may never be able to live alone, because fear affects me so much. It's a sickening and cruel thing to do to a child, to anyone.

I'm so sorry you are suffering from what religion has done to you, what is has 'taught' you, but rest assured, you have nothing to fear of otherwordly beings, because they exist only in fiction.

Hug

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
04-05-2016, 04:37 PM
(04-05-2016 02:30 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  You'd think if demons were real, I'd at least be friends or have one tormenting me by now.

I bet Bucky would let you borrow his for a test possession...

CR, demons only exist in the imagination. If you don't believe then they can't harm you.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
04-05-2016, 04:52 PM
(04-05-2016 01:06 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Is it okay if you guys help me to not be afraid of demons? I'm not afraid of one in my room tryjng to scare me or anything like that. It's just that people scare me when they say how satan is trying to deceive people and that he'll use mostly truth with a little lie to fool people. I know it's probably kind of silly, but I still get scared when people say stuff like that.

Can you guys help me out?
I really want to graduate and go to college so I can be away from everything. It's really annoying and it's not good for my mental health.

Listen to Deicide. They use so much satan in their lyrics, in such an over the top way it's impossible to take the devil seriously ever again.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
04-05-2016, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2016 04:58 PM by Nurse.)
Another angle I didn't address:

So Christians like to do the "Satan plants a seed of doubt" bullshit. That doubt is not a demon, it's rational thought. You're using your brain to question the illogical. Christianity is set up to make you fearful to question - that's the brainwashing we're talking about.

So let's think about how it's set up - John 3:16.

You have a story about god that so loved the world, he gave his only son (who is also himself...) to die for sins (that he established) so that we would not go to hell (which he created).

So you have a dilemma - sin. (Christians can't even agree upon whether we are born evil or innocent and have to first sin - this you have some babies being baptized, and Baptists waiting until you say "I've accepted Jesus into my heart") Many of which are impossible to avoid - like thought crimes. If I see Zac Efron take his shirt off and screw his costar in the movie The Lucky One, I've sinned for seeing it in the first place, admiring his physical attributes, and getting turned on by anyone other than my douche of an ex husband.

How to solve it - human sacrifice, with the caveat that you believe and love God for saving you from a problem he created in the first place.

Your reward - yay, live forever and ever after you die with gold streets and a giant mansion and all your dead relatives and lots of food and a new body and no tears and singing yay Jesus alllllllll day long! And there's no nighttime!

How to enforce it - If you don't believe, the devil will get you! The story is downright laughable, so to get you to buy into it and not question, they have to set up an unfalsifiable fear - hellfire and damnation. An infinite punishment for a finite crime.

Isn't their God gracious? Rolleyes

Now, it would really suck if the above were true. However, evidence disproves a LOT of the bible, there's no evidence of an existence of a god, and rational thought carries through the rest of it.

The fears will eventually subside. The more you educate yourself on religion and where it comes from, the more you have to combat the fears and undo the brainwashing.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
04-05-2016, 05:13 PM
Thanks, guys. I really appreciate your posts.

It's crazy how people use brainwashing and fear tactics.
04-05-2016, 05:16 PM
(04-05-2016 05:13 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Thanks, guys. I really appreciate your posts.

Religion is self propogating.
They don't necessarily consider it brainwashing or fear tactics. They believe the risk of going to hell and so they think they are helping (saving) you by steering you towards "Cheeses", oops I mean "Jesus".
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
04-05-2016, 05:28 PM
(04-05-2016 05:16 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 05:13 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Thanks, guys. I really appreciate your posts.

Religion is self propogating.
They don't necessarily consider it brainwashing or fear tactics. They believe the risk of going to hell and so they think they are helping (saving) you by steering you towards "Cheeses", oops I mean "Jesus".

True.

And then, if something is secular it is looked down upon like it's evil. Adding secular to things makes it sound bad like "secular music" or "secular books" or "secular TV shows." In reality, something being secular doesn't mean it could possibly allow the """devil""" to deceive you or whatever. It's just not religious. Also "secular people" are looked down upon because maybe they are not serious about religion or they are totally religion-free.
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
04-05-2016, 05:37 PM
(04-05-2016 05:28 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  And then, if something is secular it is looked down upon like it's evil. Adding secular to things makes it sound bad like "secular music" or "secular books" or "secular TV shows." In reality, something being secular doesn't mean it could possibly allow the """devil""" to deceive you or whatever. It's just not religious. Also "secular people" are looked down upon because maybe they are not serious about religion or they are totally religion-free.
I consider the term "secular" to be an "inclusive" qualifier and "Christian" to be an "exclusive" qualifier.

Most societies are mixed with regards to beliefs/non beliefs. If a country is to welcome (and represent) people from various cultures and beliefs then that country ought to be inclusive rather than exclusive (secular rather than Christian). There is nothing innately against "Christianity" or "Christian" groups within a secular society. A secular society is welcoming of all religions (generally).
04-05-2016, 05:50 PM
(04-05-2016 05:37 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 05:28 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  And then, if something is secular it is looked down upon like it's evil. Adding secular to things makes it sound bad like "secular music" or "secular books" or "secular TV shows." In reality, something being secular doesn't mean it could possibly allow the """devil""" to deceive you or whatever. It's just not religious. Also "secular people" are looked down upon because maybe they are not serious about religion or they are totally religion-free.
I consider the term "secular" to be an "inclusive" qualifier and "Christian" to be an "exclusive" qualifier.

Most societies are mixed with regards to beliefs/non beliefs. If a country is to welcome (and represent) people from various cultures and beliefs then that country ought to be inclusive rather than exclusive (secular rather than Christian). There is nothing innately against "Christianity" or "Christian" groups within a secular society. A secular society is welcoming of all religions (generally).

Yup.
04-05-2016, 06:36 PM
(04-05-2016 01:06 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Is it okay if you guys help me to not be afraid of demons? I'm not afraid of one in my room tryjng to scare me or anything like that. It's just that people scare me when they say how satan is trying to deceive people and that he'll use mostly truth with a little lie to fool people. I know it's probably kind of silly, but I still get scared when people say stuff like that.

Can you guys help me out?
I really want to graduate and go to college so I can be away from everything. It's really annoying and it's not good for my mental health.

There is a Bill Burr stand up that might help you here. I'm on my phone now but if you want I can search for it tomorrow if I have some time.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]