Still Paying For God's Error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: Still Paying For God's Error
(28-01-2015 11:53 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  It's a FREE GIFT to go to heaven if you wish it, and Christians often and fervently share.

Give up your entire life in exchange for a FREE GIFT that's worthless? Yeah, Christians *do* often and fervently share - like the third rate door to door salesmen they resemble. You find it *confusing*? That people don't appreciate your sales patter? Your just another vendor dude, get back in line. Or better, just sod off. Your line of bullshit won't fly here. We've had it with you and the 99 others before you. All you guys do is spout bullshit. You never have one single useful thing to say, it's *always* about defending your supposedly all powerful God from having to ever pony up evidence and from ever having to answer for the crimes he himself claims to have committed.

Is there one single Christian in the world who can give a straight answer to the problem of evil? No? Because if you played it straight like an honest person would then you'd not be a Christian.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
29-01-2015, 01:32 PM
All,

At the risk of oversimplifying, your recent posts restate (again):

*you think the gospel is for the weak and weak-minded
*there is no free will
*Christian Bale movies are stupid (and I WILL NOT TOLERATE that about the man who made American Psycho and the Nolan trilogy, nay, I say, atheists, nay!)
*God was being a big baby when he judged the world with a flood
*even if people got saved in the flood God somehow made a mistake (I mean, really... really?!)

Four out of five of those statements are old news. What else you got? (Let's play a game called, "Come up with an original argument then watch The Q wriggle away from it." I dare 'ya. No, I double dare 'ya to find something fresh that I haven't heard many times before about the flood.)

I'm going to go watch Laurel Canyon then Terminator Salvation right now.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-01-2015, 01:38 PM
Laurel Canyon is a good character piece... I wouldn't even touch that later Terminator flick

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
29-01-2015, 02:30 PM
Quote:I'm going to go watch Laurel Canyon then Terminator Salvation right now.

Both an an improvement over the fucking bible.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
29-01-2015, 05:28 PM
(28-01-2015 11:19 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Christians are not supposed to take easy outs. Nor should you. You will find overall I am remarkably consistent in how I interpret the Bible--as a fundamentalist who has a rationalist mind and considers the source languages and the historical contexts.

The problem as I perceive it is that we have both considered drowning in floods. I think, "Oh, God, save me!" and you, apparently, have thought different things. As with my comments above, this world sorts different kinds of people, and floods are one sorter.

A) a fundamentalist rationalist for your religion is an oxymoron, as the fundamental doctrines of your religion are far from rational

B) your cognitive dissonance has officially made you morally bankrupt

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like ivaneus's post
30-01-2015, 06:03 AM
(28-01-2015 11:53 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  But that's what the Earth is. A sorter PLUS YOU GET TO SORT YOURSELF PER FREE WILL, so why the complaint?

Under your system I'm going to hell because I can't believe in an omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent god who commands or perpetrates genocide.

So which categories is your system sorting between?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
30-01-2015, 06:36 AM
(23-01-2015 02:03 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(23-01-2015 01:09 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The issues I see are 1) assumptions that most of those souls went to Hell, when I think many in the Flood went to Heaven, maybe even most

The bible is quite clear that god was unhappy with all of the wickedness in the world and that he found Noah to be righteous. The clear implication is that Noah and his family were the only people worth saving. To then say that many, if not most, were worthy of heaven is just a denial that the story says what it says.

Quote:and 2) if we look at the deaths alone, let alone diving post-mortem judgment, you are equating a flood, a natural occurrence, with genocide. Is a hurricane genocide? A forest fire? Old age? Cancer?

Opening of the floodgates of heaven and the fountains of the deep to cause it to rain for 40 days and the entire earth be flooded for 150 days and take a full year before there is dry land again is NOT a natural occurrence. This was your god acting like a spoiled brat who was mad because his creation went wrong AGAIN.

It is a good thing that it is all mythology. Any real god that acted like that would have to be actively opposed in any way possible.

(24-01-2015 01:56 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(23-01-2015 01:09 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The issues I see are 1) assumptions that most of those souls went to Hell, when I think many in the Flood went to Heaven, maybe even most and 2) if we look at the deaths alone, let alone diving post-mortem judgment, you are equating a flood, a natural occurrence, with genocide. Is a hurricane genocide? A forest fire? Old age? Cancer?

No wonder your name is "The Q Continuum". Your post hoc justifications are as good as the most creative star trek fan's fix for continuity errors within the show. "many in the Flood went to Heaven, maybe even most". There you go showing the moral difference between yourself and your god. Your god couldn't find anyone righteous outside of Noah's family, but you cling to the idea that humans have some good in them then impose your sense of goodness to a God whose account clearly rejects your view of morality.

God's genocides are continuity errors. God's evil commandments are continuity errors. Of course you can creatively paper over them, but if you do are you really accepting the word of God at all or are you just making up fan fiction?

[Image: punch_zps33974715.jpg]

Nice job unfogged and hacnof Bowing

30-01-2015, 02:09 PM
(29-01-2015 05:28 PM)ivaneus Wrote:  
(28-01-2015 11:19 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Christians are not supposed to take easy outs. Nor should you. You will find overall I am remarkably consistent in how I interpret the Bible--as a fundamentalist who has a rationalist mind and considers the source languages and the historical contexts.

The problem as I perceive it is that we have both considered drowning in floods. I think, "Oh, God, save me!" and you, apparently, have thought different things. As with my comments above, this world sorts different kinds of people, and floods are one sorter.

A) a fundamentalist rationalist for your religion is an oxymoron, as the fundamental doctrines of your religion are far from rational

B) your cognitive dissonance has officially made you morally bankrupt

Cognitive dissonance does not make one morally bankrupt. Moral degeneracy does that. The reason why Christians can be dismissive of atheists (if I was as dismissive I wouldn't show up to TTA) is because if you look at the Decalogue:

*one god/no other gods
*no idols
*don't take God's name lightly
*keep Shabbat
honor thy parents
honor thy marriage and chastity
no theft
no murder
*no false witness (against what you know is true)
*no coveting

...atheists are scoring 40% of 100% to begin... I hear the clever construction of your argument, and you sound very bright, but de facto, unfortunately, biblical definitions of moral degeneracy come with atheism.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
30-01-2015, 02:11 PM
(30-01-2015 06:03 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(28-01-2015 11:53 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  But that's what the Earth is. A sorter PLUS YOU GET TO SORT YOURSELF PER FREE WILL, so why the complaint?

Under your system I'm going to hell because I can't believe in an omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent god who commands or perpetrates genocide.

So which categories is your system sorting between?

People who transpose can't believe for won't believe? I know God seems to do some stuff that is unbelievable, but believe it, if you get my drift...

31-01-2015, 04:31 AM
Congratulations on passing the psychopath test, then. Unfortunately I have failed that one.

Here, have a video for your trouble.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.