Still shaking...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2013, 08:41 PM
RE: Still shaking...
At some point it'll be good to show your lil one the difference between harmless, and poisonous, but I'd say warn against all scaly, rope-like things. We had alot of copperheads, & cotton-mouths in the woods of my childhood home. Add water-moccasins to the mix when at grandpa's house and the general rule was drop what your doing and come get a grown-up. ANY snake!! Never get close! That was before we were old enough to be trusted with .22 rifles, ofcourse.
Glad you & your son are O.K. !!!!!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2013, 08:41 PM
In the future, forget the gun. Go get a damned shovel and give it the thin edge. You do NOT want to get up close to any venomous snake. Keep your distance, lob its head off and be done. Do not fuck with it.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
21-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Yikes thats unfortunate!

I'm not a big fan of killing things but this was the right situation for it. I'm glad you and the kids are okay!
21-07-2013, 09:04 PM
And that kids is why I live in the city...

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
21-07-2013, 09:13 PM
He does live the city. The city is in a state that's a swamp. That's the prob.
Just so the snake didn't tell QC to eat any apples.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Oh fucking hell.

Glad you're all ok!!!

Kingschosen, I think you deserve a badge or something. Prolly a few, in fact.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
21-07-2013, 09:16 PM
We have many copperheads here in NC, the little babies are just as poisonous as adults. And I have heard you are more likely to get bit by a juevenile because they havent learned to avoid trouble yet and are more snappy. I have taught my girls that you can identify them by seeing the Hershey kisses on their sides. Its an easy way for a child to identify.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
21-07-2013, 09:17 PM
If I remember right, this isn't the first close encounter of the snaky kind you have had. Didn't King find one in your yard about a year ago?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
21-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Also, keep any black snakes you find in your yard. Rumor here says the black snakes will kill copperheads. Black snakes are harmless to humans.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
21-07-2013, 09:27 PM
(21-07-2013 09:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If I remember right, this isn't the first close encounter of the snaky kind you have had. Didn't King find one in your yard about a year ago?

Yeah, King's killed a couple of ground rattlers over the years. This is the first copperhead, though.

I just need to get a kingsnake... they eat everything including cottonmouths and copperheads, plus they are very territorial and will keep the yard/house free of all pests.

We used to catch Speckled Kingsnakes in the woods and bring them home to let loose in the yard. They are awesome.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]