Still shaking...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2013, 09:31 PM
RE: Still shaking...
(21-07-2013 09:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He does live the city. The city is in a state that's a swamp. That's the prob.
Just so the snake didn't tell QC to eat any apples.

The amount of cottonmouths I've shot in my lifetime would probably astound you... 19 in a single day one time...

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2013, 09:40 PM
(21-07-2013 09:31 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(21-07-2013 09:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He does live the city. The city is in a state that's a swamp. That's the prob.
Just so the snake didn't tell QC to eat any apples.

The amount of cottonmouths I've shot in my lifetime would probably astound you... 19 in a single day one time...

Ka - BOOM.
I've only shot a few pheasants. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
21-07-2013, 09:59 PM
If I thought that I had to get a snake to protect me from snakes...in my own yard...I would have to move into a high rise apartment and never leave it. UGH.

Early this year we had a red snake in the pool...when we tried to catch it with the net, it dove...creepy. Don't know what it was but it did not belong in my pool! Damnit! There aren't any natural bodies of water close to us, we figured it must have come here on/or in one of the boats owned by our neighbors. Got rid of it, only snake encounter in seven years here. Better be the last.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
21-07-2013, 10:02 PM
If I lived where you are, I'd constantly be checking my shoes, under the pillows and sheets, under toilet seat... the list would go on. I'd be a paranoid mess. I'd have syringes of every anti-venom and epi-pens galore.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
21-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Whatcho shooting them with a 12 gauge?

Water moccasin surprised me when turning over rocks for frogs in my cousins creek once but it didn't strike and I left in a hurry but otherwise I rarely see snakes. I Always wanted to eat one.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-07-2013, 10:26 PM
(21-07-2013 09:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If I thought that I had to get a snake to protect me from snakes...in my own yard...I would have to move into a high rise apartment and never leave it. UGH.

Early this year we had a red snake in the pool...when we tried to catch it with the net, it dove...creepy. Don't know what it was but it did not belong in my pool! Damnit! There aren't any natural bodies of water close to us, we figured it must have come here on/or in one of the boats owned by our neighbors. Got rid of it, only snake encounter in seven years here. Better be the last.

We had a frog once cook in our hot tub.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

21-07-2013, 10:37 PM
(21-07-2013 10:02 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  If I lived where you are, I'd constantly be checking my shoes, under the pillows and sheets, under toilet seat... the list would go on. I'd be a paranoid mess. I'd have syringes of every anti-venom and epi-pens galore.

ib4Stark

antivenin

Sorry... had to Tongue

21-07-2013, 10:40 PM
(21-07-2013 10:16 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Whatcho shooting them with a 12 gauge?

Water moccasin surprised me when turning over rocks for frogs in my cousins creek once but it didn't strike and I left in a hurry but otherwise I rarely see snakes. I Always wanted to eat one.

9mm Beretta Px4 Storm... with hollow points...

What? It's meant to kill humans not snakes. I had to make due.

-_-

21-07-2013, 10:48 PM
I had a similar event happen to me a few years back. I was playing Basketball with my little brother (he was about 10), we ran to get a missed shot and I barely saw the Copperhead right next to the ball before he reached for it. I yelled, he froze I cut the suckers head off with a nearby shovel.

This year I nearly got bit myself. I was moving a large oxygen tank in a large garage to find an angry baby copperhead underneath. I jumped onto a large steel table at the last second. Then I grabbed a nearby shovel and chopped it into.

Lesson learned. Always have a shovel nearby Big Grin

21-07-2013, 10:51 PM
(21-07-2013 09:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If I thought that I had to get a snake to protect me from snakes...in my own yard...I would have to move into a high rise apartment and never leave it. UGH.

No way. I love snakes. Kingsnakes especially.

They are fascinating and awesome animals. And, they are extremely helpful.

This is the same premise I have with spiders. I never kill spiders unless I'm in danger. If I just see a black widow out and about, I won't kill it. I'll only kill them if they are proximity to us... those and brown recluses.

Other than that, I never kill a spider. They are far too useful... and harmless.

Poisonous snakes are always dead, though. Far too risky.