Still shaking...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2013, 10:54 PM
RE: Still shaking...
(21-07-2013 10:48 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I had a similar event happen to me a few years back. I was playing Basketball with my little brother (he was about 10), we ran to get a missed shot and I barely saw the Copperhead right next to the ball before he reached for it. I yelled, he froze I cut the suckers head off with a nearby shovel.

This year I nearly got bit myself. I was moving a large oxygen tank in a large garage to find an angry baby copperhead underneath. I jumped onto a large steel table at the last second. Then I grabbed a nearby shovel and chopped it into.

Lesson learned. Always have a shovel nearby Big Grin

Yeah, I've had close calls like that too.

Unfortunaly, I didn't have a shovel near by. An old mop handle and my 9 where the closest tools at my disposal.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2013, 05:38 AM
(21-07-2013 10:40 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(21-07-2013 10:16 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Whatcho shooting them with a 12 gauge?

Water moccasin surprised me when turning over rocks for frogs in my cousins creek once but it didn't strike and I left in a hurry but otherwise I rarely see snakes. I Always wanted to eat one.

9mm Beretta Px4 Storm... with hollow points...

What? It's meant to kill humans not snakes. I had to make due.

-_-

I suggest you use a shotgun with No. 9 shot (target loads).

You can get pistol caliber shot shells, but results are mixed.

Glad all is well. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-07-2013, 05:40 AM
(21-07-2013 10:54 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(21-07-2013 10:48 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I had a similar event happen to me a few years back. I was playing Basketball with my little brother (he was about 10), we ran to get a missed shot and I barely saw the Copperhead right next to the ball before he reached for it. I yelled, he froze I cut the suckers head off with a nearby shovel.

This year I nearly got bit myself. I was moving a large oxygen tank in a large garage to find an angry baby copperhead underneath. I jumped onto a large steel table at the last second. Then I grabbed a nearby shovel and chopped it into.

Lesson learned. Always have a shovel nearby Big Grin

Yeah, I've had close calls like that too.

Unfortunaly, I didn't have a shovel near by. An old mop handle and my 9 where the closest tools at my disposal.

No shotgun in the gun rack in the vehicle? What kinda good ol' boy are you? Dodgy

22-07-2013, 09:33 AM
(22-07-2013 05:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-07-2013 10:54 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yeah, I've had close calls like that too.

No shotgun in the gun rack in the vehicle? What kinda good ol' boy are you? Dodgy

-50 redneck points to KC

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
22-07-2013, 09:40 AM
(22-07-2013 05:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-07-2013 10:54 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yeah, I've had close calls like that too.

I had to get rid of the truck because it didn't have room for 2 carseats.

Weeping

22-07-2013, 09:41 AM
(22-07-2013 09:33 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(22-07-2013 05:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  No shotgun in the gun rack in the vehicle? What kinda good ol' boy are you? Dodgy

-50 redneck points to KC

I assure you that this is only a drop in the bucket and barely affects my overall score.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
22-07-2013, 12:55 PM
I feel bad for the poor creature, but I understand you did what you had to do to keep your kids from harm.

Stuff like this makes me happy I live in a country where the only real threat are ticks and mosquitoes.
I am however to not live in a chill place where people just assume you're shooting snakes when they hear gunshots. LOL
22-07-2013, 01:00 PM
(22-07-2013 09:40 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-07-2013 05:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  No shotgun in the gun rack in the vehicle? What kinda good ol' boy are you? Dodgy

Weeping

Your redneck index must be waaaay negative.

Time for you to move to Massachusetts.

22-07-2013, 03:54 PM
(22-07-2013 09:40 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Weeping

Hippie Dippie with the Chevy Volt got more redneck cred than Bayou Billy. Tongue

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-07-2013, 04:01 PM
(22-07-2013 03:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-07-2013 09:40 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I had to get rid of the truck because it didn't have room for 2 carseats.

Weeping

Hippie Dippie with the Chevy Volt got more redneck cred than Bayou Billy. Tongue

Gun rack in a Volt.Consider

Boom.