Still shaking...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2013, 04:05 PM
RE: Still shaking...
Hey KC - Glad you guys are ok. That would have freaked me out.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
22-07-2013, 04:06 PM
(22-07-2013 03:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-07-2013 09:40 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I had to get rid of the truck because it didn't have room for 2 carseats.

Weeping

Hippie Dippie with the Chevy Volt got more redneck cred than Bayou Billy. Tongue

lol I assure you... spend a week with me and you will learn why LP (Livingston Parish) is Louisiana slang for "redneck".

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
22-07-2013, 04:17 PM
(22-07-2013 04:05 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Hey KC - Glad you guys are ok. That would have freaked me out.

Like, I told Bucky, it's not the snake that freaked me out (I left this part out of the story; partly because I didn't want people knowing I did this and partly because I didn't want QC knowing I did this... oh well... here goes...). I actually grabbed the copperhead by the tail and slung him the grass.

After the first crack with the mop handle, I had sufficiently pissed the snake off. I couldn't open fire on it because I was still on the concrete. I didn't want bullets ricocheting or cracking my driveway.

So, I used the handle and slung it into the gravel next to me... gravel... Undecided

Now, I had to get it out of the gravel. It was super pissed at this time and struck at me some more. I tried to pick it up with the handle to sling it behind me in my yard, but it flew forward into the neighbor's yard.

Now, being a good neighbor, I didn't want to fire my gun on my neighbor's property, so I tried using the mop handle again.

This time I slung him in the street. Now, the copperhead was super-hero pissed, and I was right there with him. I figured the mop handle wasn't getting the job done, so I drove his head away with it, grabbed it's tail and threw it in my yard.

Finally. Then I shot it.

I said all of that to say I've shot and handled snakes my whole life. They don't bother me.

It was the realization that my son could have been harmed or killed that scared me.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post