Stock Market Plunges 666 Points

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2018, 04:23 PM
Stock Market Plunges 666 Points
No one here is talking about this? Really? I am disappoint.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/...550-points

Quote:Major stock indexes dropped sharply Friday, with the Dow Jones industrial average tumbling 666 points amid signs that wage growth is finally picking up.

The 2.6 percent drop in the Dow came as the Labor Department reported that 200,000 jobs were added to the economy last month, which was stronger than expected, and the unemployment rate stayed at 4.1 percent — the lowest since 2000.

But worries about inflation grew when the report showed that average hourly wages grew 2.9 percent from a year ago — the largest increase since June 2009. Yields for 10-year Treasurys hit four-year highs Friday.

I guess Satan is still in the White House.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
05-02-2018, 04:51 PM
RE: Stock Market Plunges 666 Points
We are talking about it in "full circle's mutterings on money".

I'm almost all the way out, sold most of it last week and more early this morning.

Glad I did, at my age you can't afford to ride it out.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
05-02-2018, 05:03 PM
(05-02-2018 04:51 PM)Dom Wrote:  We are talking about it in "full circle's mutterings on money".

I'm almost all the way out, sold most of it last week and more early this morning.

Glad I did, at my age you can't afford to ride it out.

WELL. NOW I LOOK LIKE AN ASSHOLE AGAIN. THANKS. THANKS A LOT.
[+] 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
05-02-2018, 05:10 PM
Do you want the thread merged into Full Circle's thread?

A stock market crash is a separate event and we could talk about it here just fine.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
05-02-2018, 05:28 PM
(05-02-2018 05:10 PM)julep Wrote:  Do you want the thread merged into Full Circle's thread?

A stock market crash is a separate event and we could talk about it here just fine.

Nah it's fine. Big Grin
05-02-2018, 05:45 PM
(05-02-2018 04:23 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  No one here is talking about this? Really? I am disappoint.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/...550-points

Quote:Major stock indexes dropped sharply Friday, with the Dow Jones industrial average tumbling 666 points amid signs that wage growth is finally picking up.

The 2.6 percent drop in the Dow came as the Labor Department reported that 200,000 jobs were added to the economy last month, which was stronger than expected, and the unemployment rate stayed at 4.1 percent — the lowest since 2000.

But worries about inflation grew when the report showed that average hourly wages grew 2.9 percent from a year ago — the largest increase since June 2009. Yields for 10-year Treasurys hit four-year highs Friday.

I guess Satan is still in the White House.

Has what Obama done caught up to reality? Or are these numbers caused by what the orange anus did? I don't think we can fix this broken system with bandaids. We need to replace the government with the workings of the RBE. It is insane to vote for either Democrat or Republican and hope there will be a major change for the better for American lives. Insanity I tell you. And bandaids will not do it either. When are people going to wake up? RBE is the best we can come up with for the happiness of ALL people - everyone around the world.

“Here, where a thousand
Captains swore grand conquest. . .Tall
Grass their monument.”
― Basho
[+] 1 user Likes AtheistTech's post
05-02-2018, 10:31 PM
What is RBE.
[+] 2 users Like JAH's post
05-02-2018, 10:38 PM
(05-02-2018 10:31 PM)JAH Wrote:  What is RBE.

RBE _ Resource Based Economy

Read all about it here

Summary: Living in a world WITHOUT money. No trade, No Barter, No money. Just take what you need. People would still work, but they would do so voluntarily and robots would do the menial work.

Thanks for asking. I hope you return the favor with an honest opinion of RBE.

“Here, where a thousand
Grass their monument.”
― Basho
05-02-2018, 11:05 PM
AtheistTech, I read through some and will read more. With a quick look it looks good, as I am of equal mind with what is suggested there.

I will point out that we are unfortunately generations from getting there.
[+] 2 users Like JAH's post
05-02-2018, 11:08 PM
(05-02-2018 11:05 PM)JAH Wrote:  AtheistTech, I read through some and will read more. With a quick look it looks good, as I am of equal mind with what is suggested there.

I will point out that we are unfortunately generations from getting there.

I was hoping it would happen in my lifetime. I'm 51 and in good health so I figure another 30 years? I hope much sooner because of the hate Trump is spreading.

“Here, where a thousand
Grass their monument.”
― Basho