Stock piling in Ireland

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2016, 12:21 PM
Stock piling in Ireland
So I have seen some shows about couponing and stock piling and read some stuff about it for quite a while now.
Since I am not a very rich person and we don't usually have a lot of money, I do like the idea of couponing and stock piling. I

But I like the idea that I can have enough stuff at home to last when the money gets low in the end of the month or so.

So the only problem I have, is that in Ireland there isn't such a thing as couponing really.
You can have a membership card at Tesco and collect points. But you don't get a lot out of it to be honest so sometimes I even don't scan the card when I shop.

There is also groupon which basically gets a price lower if you do a thing as a group but you won't get actual coupons to save on things you need.

I always have my eyes open on offers, where I see something is half the price. And I used to just ignore the offers but at this point, I started buying one or two of the things in the offer because I know that I like that brand or will need that things soon etc. (I never buy 20 just because it's an offer though, because I am not crazy)

I would like to hear from other people who are trying the same (outside the US) and maybe exchange some tips? Especially tips for good deals in Ireland would be really great or resources to research upcoming deals etc.

Here is a photo of the stockpile I started in the bathroom. It's not much yet and it is missing items but it is a start:

[Image: 2a7izhj.jpg]

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
25-05-2016, 12:31 PM
RE: Stock piling in Ireland
Lots of stores around here have (inside the US) also ditched actual coupons in favor of the store cards where they can track what you spend and I'm convinced use that information to stop carrying stuff you want or to raise prices. Dodgy Some stores truly suck, with most items marked a little down, but the only way you can actually get that price is to have a card (often they don't post the card free price at all). Like a candy bar will say 80 cents but the price without the card is $1.25.

Also the whole multiple or double coupon deals have gone away. Sadcryface

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

25-05-2016, 09:40 PM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2016 09:47 PM by earmuffs.)
I see you have Palmolive milk and honey liquid hand soap.
You have good choice in hand soaps there Leela. You should ditch the red one for more milk and honey though. Having sampled many variety of Palmolive hand soap flavors I have concluded in my exhaustive study that milk and honey is in fact the best. Best smell, it has the perfect viscosity not too slimy like some of the others such as that red one, it's got a soft touch and it spreads smoothly across the hands. It also has a good bubble ratio, keeping bubbles small and many rather than large and few.

Also I can't make it out but if that glade is the vannila one I'm gonna be so proud of you.

edit: O.M.G! Girlfriend, you do not have Original Source Lime body wash? Bitch marry me.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
25-05-2016, 10:07 PM
(25-05-2016 12:21 PM)Leela Wrote:  So I have seen some shows about couponing and stock piling and read some stuff about it for quite a while now.
Since I am not a very rich person and we don't usually have a lot of money, I do like the idea of couponing and stock piling. I

But I like the idea that I can have enough stuff at home to last when the money gets low in the end of the month or so.

So the only problem I have, is that in Ireland there isn't such a thing as couponing really.
You can have a membership card at Tesco and collect points. But you don't get a lot out of it to be honest so sometimes I even don't scan the card when I shop.

There is also groupon which basically gets a price lower if you do a thing as a group but you won't get actual coupons to save on things you need.

I always have my eyes open on offers, where I see something is half the price. And I used to just ignore the offers but at this point, I started buying one or two of the things in the offer because I know that I like that brand or will need that things soon etc. (I never buy 20 just because it's an offer though, because I am not crazy)

I would like to hear from other people who are trying the same (outside the US) and maybe exchange some tips? Especially tips for good deals in Ireland would be really great or resources to research upcoming deals etc.

Here is a photo of the stockpile I started in the bathroom. It's not much yet and it is missing items but it is a start:

[Image: 2a7izhj.jpg]

I know you're lying. I see nothing with "lucky" or "leprechauns".
I know you're in Toledo.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-05-2016, 03:00 AM
It seems likely to me that stuff will get old, leaky, dirty, dusty, decomposed, entropic, and just plain go bad before you use it. Waste of space. Planned hoarding. I'm against it.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
26-05-2016, 05:18 AM
The supermarkets in my area have largely done away with paper coupons and store cards. We get weekly circulars from the supermarkets in the mail advertising their sales and deals.
I take a few minutes to go through them and make a list of the sale items that I use or wish to try. Very often there are "2 or the price of 1" or other deep discounts and I will buy several/many of those items. For instance, the shelf price of soft drinks hereabouts is around $4.50 - $5.50 per 12 12oz. can carton. When they are on sale (often at $10/3 carton, sometimes $10 or $11 for 4) I will stock up on several cartons, especially in the summer.
I'll do the same for other food items that have a long shelf life, such as rice, pasta, cereal, and things that freeze well.

I will sometimes go without something for a while until I can get it on sale.

Clothing often goes on sale as the seasons change and I will stock up on things that I know I will need like underwear, socks, shirts.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-05-2016, 05:29 AM
I'd show my stockpiles, but huge mounds of ammo scare the shit out of some people...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
26-05-2016, 06:00 AM
@ earmuffs: Thank you Big Grin Yes I prefer the honey milk soap too and right after that comes the blue one. Also yes that is the body wash you saw Big Grin

@ Bucky Ball: just wait until I get home from work. I will show you leprecauns. (sounds like we are married lol)

@ I'mFred: That sounds very prejudiced (or whatever the adjective is). How do you get to the conclusion that stuff you stock pile will spoil that way? Also how is it a waste of space if you ensure the well-being of your family by doing it? (Note: I am not talking about bat crazy stock piling as seen on TV.)

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
26-05-2016, 06:10 AM
Have you tried Dunnes stores. They usually have a lot of offers ( sometimes on beerTongue). Also, if you spend EUR 50.00 in one go you'll get a EUR 10.00 off coupon that you can use on your next EUR50.00 spend. I fill the trolly full of special offers to the value of EUR 50.00, get tenner reduction, it's not a bad deal. I don't know which part of the country you live in but if you have a Ldil and Aldi nearby keep an eye on their weekly offers. Sometimes they have some pretty good deals.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
26-05-2016, 06:12 AM
(26-05-2016 05:29 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'd show my stockpiles, but huge mounds of ammo scare the shit out of some people...

Big Grin

We had similar here in Ireland...... before the ceasefire / peace process. Tongue

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post