Stomping on Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2013, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2013 06:34 PM by Julius.)
Wink Stomping on Jesus
You just can't make this up!
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/index.php
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/03/21/fau...-on-jesus/
BOCA RATON (CBS4) – A student at Florida Atlantic University said he was unfairly suspended from his Intercultural Communications class because he refused to step on Jesus....Ryan Rotela, of Coral Springs, Florida, told CBS TV that the instructor in his Intercultural Communications class had asked everyone in the class to take out a sheet of paper, write “Jesus” in bold letters and put the piece of paper on the floor.

The instructor, Deandre Poole, then told the class to stomp on the papers.

Personally, I wouldn't have even asked the kid to do what was asked of him. It was disrespectful to ask.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2013, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 12:51 AM by Doctor X.)
RE: Stomping on Jesus

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
[+] 2 users Like Doctor X's post
26-03-2013, 11:12 PM
Stomp stomp

I'd say it was a good exercise in that it would force say a Christian to feel a great sense of righteous anger etc similar to maybe how a Muslim feels when some pastor decides to burn the Quran. But not a good publicity exercise for the uni - wtf were they thinking ? That kinda 'persecution' (oh nooooes, they wanted to force me to step on a bit of paper !!!!) is what Christian fear mongers thrive off - it's one small step from stomping on bits of paper to raping your neighbour as a 'class exercise' Dodgy
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
26-03-2013, 11:31 PM
The reporting on this one has been unclear and difficult to judge bias.

The purpose of the lesson was apparently to understand the significance of particular symbols in societies.

Quote:Deandre Poole teaches courses in intercultural communication, ethnicity and communication, leadership and communication, and organizational communication. His research focuses on the role mediated messages play in shaping individual attitudes and beliefs concerning issues of justice and inequality, and examines how leaders, organizations, and other influential authorities dominate and oppress marginalized groups of people. Currently, he is authoring the book, Obamamania: The Rise of a Mythical Hero, to be published by the Edwin Mellen Press. In addition to his academic pursuits, Dr. Poole is actively engaged in various community service projects throughout Palm Beach County.
http://www.fau.edu/scms/poole.php

He gets generally good reviews here: http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRati...tid=795201

No doubt the good Morman boy who may or may not have threatened the professor over this incident had no trouble throwing the piece of paper in the trash when all was said and done Wink

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
27-03-2013, 12:17 AM
(26-03-2013 11:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  Stomp stomp

I'd say it was a good exercise in that it would force say a Christian to feel a great sense of righteous anger etc similar to maybe how a Muslim feels when some pastor decides to burn the Quran. But not a good publicity exercise for the uni - wtf were they thinking ? That kinda 'persecution' (oh nooooes, they wanted to force me to step on a bit of paper !!!!) is what Christian fear mongers thrive off - it's one small step from stomping on bits of paper to raping your neighbour as a 'class exercise' Dodgy

That's exactly how I took it. I totally approve of the message, the fact this student refused to participate says they are too inflexible to grow and learn.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon