Stomping on the Letter B

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Stomping on the Letter B
This is part rant part honest question here. What the fuck is with gay/lesbians?! For people who go about discrimination you do love to rip bi/pan peeps a new one don't ya?! How dare you make up such vicious stereotypes! Just REALLY! I honestly want to know how you guys can do this?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zhmcZ-vPz8I
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Stomping on the Letter B
(25-07-2013 08:34 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  This is part rant part honest question here. What the fuck is with gay/lesbians?! For people who go about discrimination you do love to rip bi/pan peeps a new one don't ya?! How dare you make up such vicious stereotypes! Just REALLY! I honestly want to know how you guys can do this?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zhmcZ-vPz8I

Assholes have got to have someone to look down on, even when they're almost eye level with rock-bottom themselves. Just human nature, unfortunately. You can't escape all the people in society above you, but so long as there's somebody you can put below you, you might just feel better about it.

Who does a marginalized gay person have left to rag on sexually?

Yup.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
25-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Can't see the vid, but I do see it's about bisexual stereotypes. I fuckin hate those.

What I hate most is when people try to squeeze me into their definition of bi. Ugh.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
25-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Stomping on the Letter B
(25-07-2013 09:23 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Can't see the vid, but I do see it's about bisexual stereotypes. I fuckin hate those.

What I hate most is when people try to squeeze me into their definition of bi. Ugh.

I'd like to squeeze you into my definition.

Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
25-07-2013, 11:29 PM
I have to confess that I had this kind of stereotypes (and probably still do to some extent) based on bad experiences with bi people. But yeah, some gays do mess up the whole sexuality thing some times, I think it's because many think that just because they had to do some research about their own sexuality are suddenly the lead experts on the field, that leads to some extreme opinions and bashing on bisexuals...

Another problem is that bisexuals can jump into one role or the other and blend in depending on the circumstances, that dissipates the urgency to educate the general population and leads to ignorance. Not that they should or that is good that they do, it's just that they can... I think...

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
25-07-2013, 11:38 PM
I think most sexual stereotypes are bad

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

26-07-2013, 01:29 AM
(25-07-2013 11:29 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I have to confess that I had this kind of stereotypes (and probably still do to some extent) based on bad experiences with bi people. But yeah, some gays do mess up the whole sexuality thing some times, I think it's because many think that just because they had to do some research about their own sexuality are suddenly the lead experts on the field, that leads to some extreme opinions and bashing on bisexuals...

Another problem is that bisexuals can jump into one role or the other and blend in depending on the circumstances, that dissipates the urgency to educate the general population and leads to ignorance. Not that they should or that is good that they do, it's just that they can... I think...

And what most of what you have discribed is bisexual erasure

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisexual_erasure
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-07-2013, 01:47 AM
(26-07-2013 01:29 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(25-07-2013 11:29 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I have to confess that I had this kind of stereotypes (and probably still do to some extent) based on bad experiences with bi people. But yeah, some gays do mess up the whole sexuality thing some times, I think it's because many think that just because they had to do some research about their own sexuality are suddenly the lead experts on the field, that leads to some extreme opinions and bashing on bisexuals...

And what most of what you have discribed is bisexual erasure

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisexual_erasure

Fuck, I knew it didn't sound good... But I don't say that bis don't exist!

Is it possible that (some) bisexuals use this "blending ability" to avoid judgement?

I closet myself depending on the circumstances, I think that this might be easier for bisexuals, so that may lead to less visibility

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
26-07-2013, 03:31 AM
Meh, I have never experienced an issue with bisexuals. My closest friend is a bisexual, and she hasn't ever been criticized or teased by her gay friends.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
26-07-2013, 03:31 AM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2013 03:39 AM by Taro.)
Although I can't deny these stereotypes exist, I don't think they only stem from gays/lesbians. Being gay myself, I've only been in relationships with bisexual men (coinicidence, I'm not especially looking for them ;P) and I currently am. When I tell non-gay friends that my boyfriend is gay, sometimes they ask me if I'm afraid he'll fall for a woman. I didn't get those question from gay/lesbian friends yet.
Needless to say my experience didn't affirm any of the stereotypes.

I'm sorry if you had any bad experiences like that, but I don't think most gays/lesbians mean any harm by stereotyping bisexuals, they simply don't understand. But I agree, we especially should put in some effort in understanding others.

[Image: panda_0077.gif]