Stoned out of my gourd

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2015, 08:03 PM
Stoned out of my gourd
In case any of my other posts posted in the past hour or so are incomprehensible, it's because I am stoned out of my gourd. Yes I had surgery just under two week ago (laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair, really a fairly simple procedure) and they gave me a prescription for hydrocodone. I took 2 or 3 caplets of it a day until a few days ago, when I stopped taking it because there was not enough pain to need it. This afternoon it flared up and I said, What the hell, why suffer? and took two about an hour or two ago. (The prescription says one or two every 4 hours as needed. I've never taken more than two, and never repeated a dose less than nine hours after the previous one.) But right now I'm flying! It doesn't feel as good as the morphine Thumbsup they gave me after my second turp, but it beats the pain. Maybe two was too many. Shocking I have not used recreational drugs in over four decades, and I'm not going to take more of this stuff than I need for the pain, but I'm sure not going to deny that it's nice. And in case anyone is worried: I don't drink alcohol, so there's no danger of my mixing those. The worst thing about the surgery is not being able to exercise. I did get on the exercise bike a few times last week, but haven't been able to since the pain started to creep back a few days ago. On Wednesday I have a follow-up appointment with the surgeon's P.A. and I'll find out whether I'm supposed to still have so much pain this far out, but the surgeon did say I probably wouldn't be able to jog for a couple of weeks, and it hasn't been that long yet. He also said I could ride the exercise bike (or jog, for that matter) if it doesn't hurt too much and that exercise would not cause any damage; it just might hurt too much. I'm a total wimp about pain. I know people who plow right on through pain. I'm more likely to curl up into a ball and cry. But so far (thank the FSM!) it has not been that bad, at least with narcotics. This is actually the first time that the pain pills they've given me after surgery have done anything other than make me slightly drowsy. Modern medicine is a wonderful thing. I'm too stoned right now to list all the times I'd have died without modern medicine. I'm going to go chug some fizzy water right now. And my apologies to anyone who bothered to read all the way through this under the misapprehension that it might contain anything worthwhile. Big Grin

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like daniel1948's post
06-09-2015, 08:03 PM
RE: Stoned out of my gourd
Your posts look okay to me! Hope you get well soon!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-09-2015, 10:15 PM
Feel better soon!
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
06-09-2015, 10:35 PM
(06-09-2015 08:03 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  In case any of my other posts posted in the past hour or so are incomprehensible, it's because I am stoned out of my gourd. Yes I had surgery just under two week ago (laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair, really a fairly simple procedure) and they gave me a prescription for hydrocodone. I took 2 or 3 caplets of it a day until a few days ago, when I stopped taking it because there was not enough pain to need it. This afternoon it flared up and I said, What the hell, why suffer? and took two about an hour or two ago. (The prescription says one or two every 4 hours as needed. I've never taken more than two, and never repeated a dose less than nine hours after the previous one.) But right now I'm flying! It doesn't feel as good as the morphine Thumbsup they gave me after my second turp, but it beats the pain. Maybe two was too many. Shocking I have not used recreational drugs in over four decades, and I'm not going to take more of this stuff than I need for the pain, but I'm sure not going to deny that it's nice. And in case anyone is worried: I don't drink alcohol, so there's no danger of my mixing those. The worst thing about the surgery is not being able to exercise. I did get on the exercise bike a few times last week, but haven't been able to since the pain started to creep back a few days ago. On Wednesday I have a follow-up appointment with the surgeon's P.A. and I'll find out whether I'm supposed to still have so much pain this far out, but the surgeon did say I probably wouldn't be able to jog for a couple of weeks, and it hasn't been that long yet. He also said I could ride the exercise bike (or jog, for that matter) if it doesn't hurt too much and that exercise would not cause any damage; it just might hurt too much. I'm a total wimp about pain. I know people who plow right on through pain. I'm more likely to curl up into a ball and cry. But so far (thank the FSM!) it has not been that bad, at least with narcotics. This is actually the first time that the pain pills they've given me after surgery have done anything other than make me slightly drowsy. Modern medicine is a wonderful thing. I'm too stoned right now to list all the times I'd have died without modern medicine. I'm going to go chug some fizzy water right now. And my apologies to anyone who bothered to read all the way through this under the misapprehension that it might contain anything worthwhile. Big Grin

I hear you mate. I go through this just about every day. I hardly posted over the last three days because I was too out of it on heavy med's. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
07-09-2015, 07:53 AM
(06-09-2015 10:15 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Feel better soon!

Thanks. I'm actually feeling much better this morning.

(06-09-2015 10:35 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I hear you mate. I go through this just about every day. I hardly posted over the last three days because I was too out of it on heavy med's. Big Grin

I'm sorry to hear that. I cannot imagine having to rely on pain meds all the time.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 1 user Likes daniel1948's post
07-09-2015, 08:27 AM
Glad you feel better today and hope that your healing goes quickly.

Your post was more coherent than many that (we assume) aren't written under the influence.

No worries, you aren't the first, only, nor will you be the last person to post here while buzzed. The good thing is that you weren't so far gone you didn't realize it. There have been few morning after cases of 'oh hell, did I post that?' Luckily the team here is understanding in those situations are will step in to clean up anything incriminating or clearly out of character.

Feel better! Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF