Stoner Movies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Stoner Movies
So we've established that there are a few pot smokers on the forum. Aside from the typical (dazed and confused, pineapple express, et al), what are some movies that you love to watch in an "enlightened state"?

Memento is a good one, although the first time I saw it I was straight. Not sure if I could have made sense of it stoned.

I watched Elegant Universe on orange kush, and loved it.

On something giggly (diesel, or a cheese strain, for example), nothing beats Dumb and Dumber for me.

My last suggestion would be Lord of the Rings. Those hobbits LOVE their weed. Lots of weed references (and inferences when you're high Wink ), and the little buggers pull out that pipe every chance they get.

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
18-09-2012, 04:20 PM
RE: Stoner Movies
Wow - pretty much anything will do it for me. How about an old stand by - Koyaanisqatsi. I do recall a certain fascination with it in an altered state. Wink

Here's a link to the entire film on hulu:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/27800

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
18-09-2012, 04:25 PM
I was more of a cartoon stoner but when I did watch movies I preferred either the obvious cheech and Chong fiasco (Chong is actually a decent guitar player as well.) or a super troopers style poppies Weenies humor. Or my favorite was the campy horror movies of old. The brain was a good choice.

Edit: found a good brain scene.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Ghost in the Shell, both of them...

What dreams may come, beautiful colours, I didn't see it high yet but is in my to do list

And Labyrinth is a must Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
18-09-2012, 04:52 PM
(18-09-2012 03:53 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  So we've established that there are a few pot smokers on the forum. Aside from the typical (dazed and confused, pineapple express, et al), what are some movies that you love to watch in an "enlightened state"?

Memento is a good one, although the first time I saw it I was straight. Not sure if I could have made sense of it stoned.

I watched Elegant Universe on orange kush, and loved it.

On something giggly (diesel, or a cheese strain, for example), nothing beats Dumb and Dumber for me.

My last suggestion would be Lord of the Rings. Those hobbits LOVE their weed. Lots of weed references (and inferences when you're high Wink ), and the little buggers pull out that pipe every chance they get.

Fantasia on hash.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
18-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Wonder shozen. TV show, but good. Smile
18-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Friday
Next Friday
Friday After Next
The Fifth Element
Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy

Anything with good special effects or good humour, really...Yes

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
18-09-2012, 06:04 PM
How in the hell did I not think of Labrynth??

Nach, I bow down to your bovine wisdom.

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
18-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Scott Pilgrim!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
18-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Stoner Movies
I must be too big a stoner because I think every movie or tv show is great for being stoned. Smokin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 6 users Like Erxomai's post