Stop Playing Creationist Game Of Defining Atheism And Its Link To Morality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2014, 05:45 PM
RE: Stop Playing Creationist Game Of Defining Atheism And Its Link To Morality
(23-10-2014 05:34 PM)Simon Moon Wrote:  The Constitution in the USA is the ultimate authority on the rights of citizens. In fact, the Constitution (and Bill of Rights) was specifically created with the exact intent to assure that the majority does not get to dictate to the minority.
No, America by design is a democracy, dictatorship of majority. Constitution is irrelevant paper that nobody cares about.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2014, 05:55 PM
(23-10-2014 04:39 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Atheism is a lack of belief in deities,

Atheism is NOT the lack of belief. Having a lack of something implies that something exsits. God does NOT exist. We do not have belief in him because of this. If god exists and we do not believe in him, than we have a "lack" of belief in him. Which means that belief is not only justified but that belief is something that actually exists in a rational sense that we are "missing out or just missing something" therefor, we are in "lack" of the belief itself.

However, because he does NOT exist and we do NOT believe in this god or any others. We as atheists have a DIS-belief of the god.

While I am also on it, we should not define this as a disbelief in god either. God is a supernatural entity and a supernatural claim. There is more then one of these. Atheism is not just the disbelief in all deities, but all supernatural entities as well.

Therefor, the true definition of what is an atheist is that we disbelieve supernatural claims.

Atheism - The disbelief of supernatural claims.

That is all.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
23-10-2014, 05:59 PM
(23-10-2014 05:55 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(23-10-2014 04:39 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Atheism is a lack of belief in deities,

Atheism is NOT the lack of belief. Having a lack of something implies that something exsits. God does NOT exist. We do not have belief in him because of this. If god exists and we do not believe in him, than we have a "lack" of belief in him. Which means that belief is not only justified but that belief is something that actually exists in a rational sense that we are "missing out or just missing something" therefor, we are in "lack" of the belief itself.

However, because he does NOT exist and we do NOT believe in this god or any others. We as atheists have a DIS-belief of the god.

While I am also on it, we should not define this as a disbelief in god either. God is a supernatural entity and a supernatural claim. There is more then one of these. Atheism is not just the disbelief in all deities, but all supernatural entities as well.

Therefor, the true definition of what is an atheist is that we disbelieve supernatural claims.

That is all.

By lack of belief in deities I mean lack of belief in the existence of deities.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
23-10-2014, 06:06 PM
(23-10-2014 05:45 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(23-10-2014 05:34 PM)Simon Moon Wrote:  The Constitution in the USA is the ultimate authority on the rights of citizens. In fact, the Constitution (and Bill of Rights) was specifically created with the exact intent to assure that the majority does not get to dictate to the minority.
No, America by design is a democracy, dictatorship of majority. Constitution is irrelevant paper that nobody cares about.
Quit trying to derail the thread, go make your own and stay there. Maybe in the conspiracy section, you'll love it there.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 2 users Like grizzlysnake's post
23-10-2014, 06:22 PM
I don't know if it is true of all creationists but they are coached to deny science and scientists and create atheist straw men. I suspect this is why they all sound the same, a play book if you will.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
23-10-2014, 06:35 PM
(23-10-2014 05:03 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
Quote:My stance is quite simple:
Your stance is irrelevant in christian democratic society. Majority decides what rights you have. Suck it up and cope

The fact Americans as fundamentally uneducated about how our government works as you exist is scary.

Quote:No, America by design is a democracy, dictatorship of majority. Constitution is irrelevant paper that nobody cares about.

Holy BALLS, you are one ignorant motherfucker.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
23-10-2014, 06:45 PM
(23-10-2014 05:59 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  
(23-10-2014 05:55 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Atheism is NOT the lack of belief. Having a lack of something implies that something exsits. God does NOT exist. We do not have belief in him because of this. If god exists and we do not believe in him, than we have a "lack" of belief in him. Which means that belief is not only justified but that belief is something that actually exists in a rational sense that we are "missing out or just missing something" therefor, we are in "lack" of the belief itself.

That is all.

By lack of belief in deities I mean lack of belief in the existence of deities.

and I get what you mean. But the problem for me is that when you have a lack of something, you are implying in the words you use-even if your actual intention of them is not it-is that thing actually does exist.

When I hear lack of something, I am reminded of the other ways to use lack.

This soup has lack of potatoes, this X has a lack of X.
Lack is the state of being without, OR not enough of something. If something has not enough, that enough exists.

Therefore, lack of belief to me is simply too weak of a word to use to accurately describe it.

Disbelieve is far concise, direct and apparent imo.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
23-10-2014, 06:55 PM
(23-10-2014 05:45 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  

.... so, wait, you mean we can stop screwing around with this electoral college system where Wyoming social conservatives have their votes count six times as much as California social liberals? Is that what you're arguing for?

What about the polls saying that a majority of Americans favor gay marriage? That should make it law everywhere in the US, right? You'd be down with that, right?
23-10-2014, 06:57 PM
(23-10-2014 05:03 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
Quote:My stance is quite simple:
Your stance is irrelevant in christian democratic society. Majority decides what rights you have. Suck it up and cope
Go take a civics class. Rights can not be voted on b the masses.
23-10-2014, 06:58 PM
(23-10-2014 05:20 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(23-10-2014 05:08 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  (And yes, it's a republic, not a democracy.)
It's not a republic at least since Roosevelt fucked constitutional court in the ass during Great Depression
It is a republic and has always been a republic. Do you even know what a republic is?
[+] 3 users Like wazzel's post