Stop Playing Creationist Game Of Defining Atheism And Its Link To Morality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2014, 07:03 PM
RE: Stop Playing Creationist Game Of Defining Atheism And Its Link To Morality
(23-10-2014 05:45 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(23-10-2014 05:34 PM)Simon Moon Wrote:  The Constitution in the USA is the ultimate authority on the rights of citizens. In fact, the Constitution (and Bill of Rights) was specifically created with the exact intent to assure that the majority does not get to dictate to the minority.
No, America by design is a democracy, dictatorship of majority. Constitution is irrelevant paper that nobody cares about.
Good grief are you really that uneducated. We are a republic by design. Why do you think we have representatives in congress? You know representative democracy = republic. No charge for the civics lesson.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
23-10-2014, 07:08 PM
(23-10-2014 07:03 PM)wazzel Wrote:  
(23-10-2014 05:45 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  No, America by design is a democracy, dictatorship of majority. Constitution is irrelevant paper that nobody cares about.
Good grief are you really that uneducated. We are a republic by design. Why do you think we have representatives in congress? You know representative democracy = republic. No charge for the civics lesson.

This statement is true. We are not a democracy. We just make good use of it in our political fields etc.

I pledge my allegiance, To the flag, of the United States of America, and to the replublic for which it stands. One nation Indivisible, with liberty and justice for most.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
24-10-2014, 05:54 AM
(23-10-2014 05:04 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(23-10-2014 05:03 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  Your stance is irrelevant in christian democratic society. Majority decides what rights you have. Suck it up and cope

Talk about irrelevant....

Would you expect anything other than non sequiturs from the troll? It's not like the dominionist is even familiar with the First Amendment.
24-10-2014, 05:59 AM
(23-10-2014 04:39 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  It reminds me of that saying about how arguing with willfully ignorant people and playing their game is like wrestling with a pig: You end up all covered in mud and shit, and the pig enjoys it.

Nice post! Yeah, I agree that there's little use in caving on these definitions on first principles. Once you give them that much, you'll spend the rest of the discussion trying to explain why you're not as bad as Hitler, or something.

(23-10-2014 05:55 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Atheism is NOT the lack of belief. Having a lack of something implies that something exsits.

That's not true. Whether or not God exists, I lack a belief in him. My personal beliefs have no bearing on how true something is or isn't.

There is a difference between not making a positive claim in something's existence and making a negative claim about its lack of existence. This is, of course, rooted in the nonfalsifiable nature of most religions (the falsifiable ones tend to die out fast and hard).

(23-10-2014 05:55 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Atheism - The disbelief of supernatural claims.

No, you're over-defining the term. There's nothing theistic about beliefs in leprechauns or ghosts, so long as you don't posit that they are also deities. Now, I'll admit it is a very specific term, and as WCJ already pointed out, one that only matters in our society because three out of four people do believe in deities.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
24-10-2014, 06:28 AM
OP you have forced me to link this video here instead of making a thread about it Yes

"can someone please now tell in what logical universe does any of this even imply anything that even remotely resembles the singular deity of classical monotheism. the very first premise might just as well have said that if apples don't grow on trees then the moon is an onion, there simply is no logical connection between the two" - by AntiCitixenX

also we all know why they redefine words, they can't win or defend their position in any way
if two people can't agree on the defintion of a word when arguing then the argument isn't gonna get anywhere but instead become a colossal waste of time

as Bill Maher said "its not fair that idiots who can't defend their own nonsense get to create a fair and balanced argument"
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
24-10-2014, 06:34 AM
(23-10-2014 07:08 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(23-10-2014 07:03 PM)wazzel Wrote:  Good grief are you really that uneducated. We are a republic by design. Why do you think we have representatives in congress? You know representative democracy = republic. No charge for the civics lesson.

This statement is true. We are not a democracy. We just make good use of it in our political fields etc.

I pledge my allegiance, To the flag, of the United States of America, and to the replublic for which it stands. One nation Indivisible, with liberty and justice for most.

since the US constitution (1st amendment) provides for freedom of speech and he's using the internet to speak freely that the constitution is irrelevant

isn't he a perfectly exact depiction of this meme ?

[Image: irony-11074321783.jpeg]
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
24-10-2014, 07:32 AM
(23-10-2014 07:03 PM)wazzel Wrote:  Good grief are you really that uneducated. We are a republic by design. Why do you think we have representatives in congress? You know representative democracy = republic. No charge for the civics lesson.
What if representatives will decide to kill all atheists? Who will stop them?
24-10-2014, 07:34 AM
(24-10-2014 06:34 AM)Ace Wrote:  since the US constitution (1st amendment) provides for freedom of speech
Majority provides freedom of speech. They just happen to agree with constitution
24-10-2014, 07:40 AM
(24-10-2014 07:32 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
What if representatives will decide to kill all atheists? Who will stop them?

... The police? FBI?

If you mean passing a law, the President, Supreme Court. It's checks and balances, the one thing they taught you in grade school that you skipped out on.

Read up on some civics while you're at it.
24-10-2014, 07:43 AM
(24-10-2014 07:40 AM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  If you mean passing a law, the President, Supreme Court.
President is elected by majority and supreme court is controlled by president