Stop Playing Creationist Game Of Defining Atheism And Its Link To Morality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2014, 07:45 AM
RE: Stop Playing Creationist Game Of Defining Atheism And Its Link To Morality
(23-10-2014 05:03 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
Quote:My stance is quite simple:
Your stance is irrelevant in christian democratic society. Majority decides what rights you have. Suck it up and cope

People like you show why 'Christian Democracy' is an oxymoron.

Congratulations for making other Christians look bad my relation, people like you make the mission of Christianity so much harder as your idiotic, egotistical, deceptive, arrogant, dumbshittery turns people away from your beliefs.

I thank you more making our job so much easier.
Have a nice day. Dumb-fuck.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2014, 08:14 AM
(24-10-2014 07:34 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 06:34 AM)Ace Wrote:  since the US constitution (1st amendment) provides for freedom of speech
Majority provides freedom of speech. They just happen to agree with constitution

thats tantamount to saying the minority should only say things that the majority wants to hear................. that is not freedom of speech

freedom of speech means that no one can silence an individual simply because the majority doesn't wanna hear what he has to say
24-10-2014, 08:48 AM
(23-10-2014 07:08 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I pledge my allegiance, To the flag, of the United States of America, and to the replublic for which it stands. One nation Indivisible, with liberty and justice for most.

I see what you did there Cool

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-10-2014, 08:52 AM
(24-10-2014 08:48 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(23-10-2014 07:08 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I pledge my allegiance, To the flag, of the United States of America, and to the replublic for which it stands. One nation Indivisible, with liberty and justice for most.

I see what you did there Cool

You should watch the movie The Bells of St Mary's. You can hear the school children say it just like that.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

24-10-2014, 08:52 AM
(24-10-2014 07:43 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 07:40 AM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  If you mean passing a law, the President, Supreme Court.
President is elected by majority and supreme court is controlled by president

Rolleyes

Facts:

1. The US is a republic.
2. Rights are decided by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
3. Freedom of speech is granted by the Constitution, not by the majority.
4. The President is elected by the electoral college; currently numbering 538 - clearly not a majority.
5. The Supreme Court is part of the judicial branch of government. The President is in the executive branch. We have a separation of powers. No branch controls the other.
6. You clearly need an education.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
24-10-2014, 09:04 AM
(23-10-2014 05:55 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Atheism is NOT the lack of belief. Having a lack of something implies that something exsits. God does NOT exist. We do not have belief in him because of this. If god exists and we do not believe in him, than we have a "lack" of belief in him. Which means that belief is not only justified but that belief is something that actually exists in a rational sense that we are "missing out or just missing something" therefor, we are in "lack" of the belief itself.

However, because he does NOT exist and we do NOT believe in this god or any others. We as atheists have a DIS-belief of the god.

This is incorrect. Lack of belief, disbelief, not believing are all the same. Something does not have to exist for you not to believe in it. It's accurate to say I lack a belief in unicorns.

(23-10-2014 05:55 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  While I am also on it, we should not define this as a disbelief in god either. God is a supernatural entity and a supernatural claim. There is more then one of these. Atheism is not just the disbelief in all deities, but all supernatural entities as well.

Therefor, the true definition of what is an atheist is that we disbelieve supernatural claims.

Atheism - The disbelief of supernatural claims.

This is also incorrect. Regarding gods, you have described gnostic atheism, but have omitted agnostic atheism. Furthermore, atheism takes no position on supernatural entities other than gods.

a = without
theism = belief in a god or gods
atheism = without belief in a god or gods

Simply not having a belief in a god doesn't assume there isn't a god. It simply means that, without evidence, there is no reason to have a belief. But agnostic atheists are willing to accept that there could be a god and would be willing to accept that there is one if the proper evidence was presented.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
24-10-2014, 09:08 AM
(24-10-2014 08:52 AM)Impulse Wrote:  We have a separation of powers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_Cou...ted_States
Quote:The Court consists of the Chief Justice of the United States and eight associate justices who are nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate.
24-10-2014, 09:10 AM
(24-10-2014 09:08 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 08:52 AM)Impulse Wrote:  We have a separation of powers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_Cou...ted_States
Quote:The Court consists of the Chief Justice of the United States and eight associate justices who are nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate.

Did you have a point? You do realize that doesn't contradict anything I said, right? Nah, you probably don't.

24-10-2014, 09:13 AM
I might be wrong, but did we get off topic? lol or maybe i'm wrong.

"Stop Playing Creationist Game Of Defining Atheism And Its Link To Morality"

Morality like marriage was around before the Israelites appointed Yahweh as their one true god(bronze age- there were ages before that). that is the beginning of the religion, and when they made up the foolish idea of Creationism. if you need the threat of hell and a god to tell you to be a good person then you aren't really that much of a good person.

Facepalm

My Youtube channel i started.
https://www.youtube.com/user/kowlzer
24-10-2014, 09:16 AM
(24-10-2014 09:10 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Did you have a point? You do realize that doesn't contradict anything I said, right?
Quote:No branch controls the other.