Stop Playing Creationist Game Of Defining Atheism And Its Link To Morality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2014, 09:22 AM
RE: Stop Playing Creationist Game Of Defining Atheism And Its Link To Morality
(24-10-2014 09:16 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 09:10 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Did you have a point? You do realize that doesn't contradict anything I said, right?
Quote:No branch controls the other.

Correct.

Sigh, I guess I'll have to spell it out for you. Right in the quote you made, it says "...who are nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate". The Senate is in the legislative branch - so there are your balance of powers at work.

Furthermore, each President typically appoints only 2 or 3 justices out of the 9. That's not exactly "control of the Supreme Court". Plus, even that is just appointments. So if they were controlling anything, it would only be the appointments, NOT what the entire Supreme Court actually DOES.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2014, 09:30 AM
....just split the thread already.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
24-10-2014, 09:41 AM
(24-10-2014 09:22 AM)Impulse Wrote:  So if they were controlling anything, it would only be the appointments, NOT what the entire Supreme Court actually DOES.
OMG you are dumb
24-10-2014, 09:47 AM
(24-10-2014 09:41 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 09:22 AM)Impulse Wrote:  So if they were controlling anything, it would only be the appointments, NOT what the entire Supreme Court actually DOES.
OMG you are dumb

Do you have some sort of conspiracy theory you're trying to sell?

Because your view is childish.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-10-2014, 09:47 AM
I honestly don't care whether he failed American Government 101. His ignorance is not my problem. But I'm still waiting to hear whether the principles of democracy mean that same-sex marriage is now legal nationwide because a majority of Americans support it. Let's see if he really believes in democracy when it's an argument in support of something he DOESN'T like.
24-10-2014, 09:49 AM
OMG you are dumb

The majority of us, based on your negative reputation, have decided that OMG you're dumb. Based on your rules, we're right. Suck it up.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post
24-10-2014, 09:52 AM
OMG you are dumb

You've got nothing. That's what I thought. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
24-10-2014, 10:06 AM
(24-10-2014 09:10 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Did you have a point? You do realize that doesn't contradict anything I said, right?

By Talos you're stupid. Facepalm

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
24-10-2014, 10:08 AM
(24-10-2014 07:40 AM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 07:32 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  What if representatives will decide to kill all atheists? Who will stop them?

... The police? FBI?

If you mean passing a law, the President, Supreme Court. It's checks and balances, the one thing they taught you in grade school that you skipped out on.

Read up on some civics while you're at it.

Things Dimaniac has demonstrated on TTA that he does not understand:
  • Civics
  • Civility
  • Logic
  • Ethics/morality
  • Atheism
  • The Bible
  • Set theory
  • Statistics
  • History

I'm sure the list is longer, but I'm not going to start dredging through his thread-shittery to find more.
24-10-2014, 10:55 AM

one being able to appoint by the other doesn't mean one is controlled by the other

also the president isn't the only one involved, the senate is involved to