Stop harassing me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2017, 06:57 AM
RE: Stop harassing me
I was bullied as a kid. I didn't have my first friend until high school. Now having said that, the one thing I did wrong looking back at it, no matter how wrong you might think someone is, I didn't help myself by making myself a doormat by giving them attention.

How I deal with those who piss me off on line today is to simply block them and most social media allows you to do that. I do think there is an ignore option on this website too. It would be nice in a perfect world that others would never offend you, but even outside in the real world outside your door, that is impossible. I think it is better that you worry about yourself, and remove yourself from that situation and not give that person the time of day. Social media does allow you to block people that are upsetting you. That to me is far easier than trying to demand others behave a certain way. You cant control others, but you can control what you do.

Now, as others here have said, sure, you have the right to appeal to the admins and maybe they will side with you depending. But if they don't side with you, you still have the option of changing your settings so the person that is upsetting you cant see your posts and you cant see theirs.

Bottom line here and anywhere on the web, including places like FB and Twitter. Unless it is a real illegal call to violence or a threat of suicide, simply getting offended isn't enough for most to take action. So the easier option is for you to learn how to control whom you see and whom sees you.

If you do that I think you can relieve lots of anxiety, for yourself, not others.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
24-09-2017, 11:50 AM
(23-09-2017 03:23 AM)Thinker Wrote:  Anyways, I initially was hopeful that TTA forum would be my last bastion of humanity and until now it indeed has felt my best home. Now that I am only seeing hate-mongering attitudes towards me, I am now feeling gradually alienated - is that what you want me to go through, yes?...

...I am trying to ignore and walk away but cannot help to do so - something is bothering me about this forum: it is making me grow to become a rather evil person with potence to adversely affect the real world and, I am trying to resist this such negative influence being cast by such forum users upon my mind.

With regard to your dilemma, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM IV) defines passive-aggressive personality disorder as a "pervasive pattern of negativistic attitudes and passive resistance to demands for adequate performance in social and occupational situations."

—You need to think about this.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
24-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Quote:pervasive pattern of negativistic attitudes and passive resistance to demands for adequate performance in social and occupational situations

Shit. That's totally me.
[+] 2 users Like I'mFred's post
24-09-2017, 12:38 PM
(24-09-2017 12:27 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
Quote:pervasive pattern of negativistic attitudes and passive resistance to demands for adequate performance in social and occupational situations

Shit. That's totally me.

By that definition, I would say there is several people on this forum who can identify as passive-aggressive. Nobody's perfect afterall.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
24-09-2017, 12:43 PM
(24-09-2017 12:27 PM)ImFred Wrote:  

Shit. That's totally me.

Hell's bells...I thought it was Birdbrain.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
24-09-2017, 12:52 PM
Question:

Is organizing a work strike passive aggressive?
24-09-2017, 12:55 PM
(24-09-2017 12:52 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Question:

Is organizing a work strike passive aggressive?

Quote:Passive-aggressive behavior is the indirect expression of hostility, such as through procrastination, stubbornness, sullen behavior, or deliberate or repeated failure to accomplish requested tasks for which one is (often explicitly) responsible.

Nah, the act of organizing is too direct.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
24-09-2017, 01:05 PM
Is it passive aggressive if you're not trying to gain anything? Like not cleaning your apartment or filing for tax returns or doing paperwork at work?

My boss got on my shit about paperwork and I just said directly I'd rather take whatever the consequence there is for not doing it up to and including losing my job. I ended up not doing it and getting a write up in my file for insubordination. Is that passive aggressive? I really don't know.

It seems maybe saying yeah yeah l'll do it with the intention of not doing it would be passive aggressive. Openly refusing is a different animal... or is it?
24-09-2017, 01:26 PM
(24-09-2017 01:05 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Is it passive aggressive if you're not trying to gain anything? Like not cleaning your apartment or filing for tax returns or doing paperwork at work?

My boss got on my shit about paperwork and I just said directly I'd rather take whatever the consequence there is for not doing it up to and including losing my job. I ended up not doing it and getting a write up in my file for insubordination. Is that passive aggressive? I really don't know.

It seems maybe saying yeah yeah l'll do it with the intention of not doing it would be passive aggressive. Openly refusing is a different animal... or is it?

Openly refusing is insubordination. But I don't think it qualifies as passive-aggressive. It was pretty direct.

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
24-09-2017, 02:17 PM
(24-09-2017 06:57 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  How I deal with those who piss me off on line today is to simply block them and most social media allows you to do that.

Yes, your long history of ignoring onlinebiker is legendary around these parts.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post