Stop killing Donnie Yen!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2016, 11:14 AM
Stop killing Donnie Yen!!!
Why the hell does Donnie Yen, one of the greatest martial arts actors ever, always die in his forays into American films?!

1) Highlander: Endgame (2000) - Plays the evil immortal Jin Ke who is beheaded.

2) Blade II (2002) - Plays the sword-wielding vampire nicknamed Snowman who is killed by a teammate exposed to the Reaper Virus.

3) Shanghai Knights (2003) - Plays the evil prince Wu Chow who is blown up.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

4) Rogue One (2016) - Plays the ass-kicking, force sensitive, blind monk Chirrut Îmwe who is blown up.

Goddammit! Stop killing the man off! I mean, has Hollywood even seen his body of work? Here are some examples:

I think Hollywood kills him off simply because he tends to outshine even the main characters.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
20-12-2016, 11:40 AM
RE: Stop killing Donnie Yen!!!
No shit!! Angry

I love Donnie Yen! Heart

I guess they made a third IP MAN film ... this one apparently has Mike Tyson also featured. Dodgy

He's so graceful - even in his fights!
This one's a bit long but ... there's a great sequence where Ip Man is more concerned about his beautiful potted plant being hurt and his wife's china being broken than how he's beating the pants off his visitor. It's a cute scene. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
20-12-2016, 11:44 AM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2016 11:48 AM by houseofcantor.)
Hey, him and Sean Bean. He's in good company. Laugh out load

living word
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
20-12-2016, 11:46 AM
(20-12-2016 11:40 AM)kim Wrote:  No shit!! Angry

I love Donnie Yen! Heart

I guess they made a third IP MAN film ... this one apparently has Mike Tyson also featured. Dodgy

He's so graceful - even in his fights!
This one's a bit long but ... there's a great sequence where Ip Man is more concerned about his beautiful potted plant being hurt and his wife's china being broken than how he's beating the pants off his visitor. It's a cute scene. Shy

The last video I posted was the final fight from the third Ip Man. Mike Tyson, in my opinion, was a pointless character. His portion of the story arch served NO PURPOSE whatsoever.

I love that fight from the first one. The bit with his son is adorable.
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
20-12-2016, 12:38 PM
I think he actually kind of prefers that, as it keeps him non committed. In many of those movies, such as Blade 2, his primary role was as a fight choreographer with his screen role being secondary. To that end, he's as good a choreographer as he is a movie martial artist.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
20-12-2016, 12:41 PM
(20-12-2016 12:38 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I think he actually kind of prefers that, as it keeps him non committed. In many of those movies, such as Blade 2, his primary role was as a fight choreographer with his screen role being secondary. To that end, he's as good a choreographer as he is a movie martial artist.

You make a good point