Stop the Welfare State Vol. 1: Kill the F-35

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: Stop the Welfare State Vol. 1: Kill the F-35
Sadly, you know this money, if program scrapped, would just go to some bullshit public works project to pay union thugs, or something equally worthless.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2013, 01:03 PM
(27-06-2013 12:39 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Sadly, you know this money, if program scrapped, would just go to some bullshit public works project to pay union thugs, or something equally worthless.

Yeah like rebuilding a collapsing bridge and potentially saving lives. What a waste of money.

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
27-06-2013, 03:56 PM
(27-06-2013 12:39 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Sadly, you know this money, if program scrapped, would just go to some bullshit public works project to pay union thugs, or something equally worthless.

But here's the thing: that money is better spent there than on F-35 BECAUSE THE FINAL PRODUCT ACTUALLY WORKS!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
27-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Just pointing out that even if the f-35 worked, it'd still be a huge waste of fucking money.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
27-06-2013, 11:13 PM
(27-06-2013 04:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Just pointing out that even if the f-35 worked, it'd still be a huge waste of fucking money.

I think I've had this debate with you before, muffs.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

28-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Probably.
Something along the lines of, "if it aint broke, don't fix it", referring to your current jets as doing the job currently just fine. If I recall correctly.

The US has to compete with Iran and NK, that's it. And I suspect that their air capabilities are not exactly superior to the US's as it stands...
If the US has a jet that can beat their jet, as well as avoid any type of ground to air anti-air capabilities around, then why the hell would they replace them with something else? It's a huge waste of fucking money.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
29-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Quote:can't turn worth a damn, can't climb, can't accelerate,

For the foreseeable future its main opponent will be flying carpets so, probably not a big issue.

I'm six miles from Luke AFB in Arizona where the rednecks are creaming their pants because 100+ of the damn things will be based for training. I'm looking forward to the frequent stand-downs so it will be quiet.
30-06-2013, 10:05 PM
Re: RE: Stop the Welfare State Vol. 1: Kill the F-35
(27-06-2013 01:03 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Yeah like rebuilding a collapsing bridge and potentially saving lives. What a waste of money.

LOL you don't work in contracting I see.
01-07-2013, 10:32 PM
(30-06-2013 10:05 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  
(27-06-2013 01:03 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yeah like rebuilding a collapsing bridge and potentially saving lives. What a waste of money.

LOL you don't work in contracting I see.

Right, so piss that cash away on a jet fighter that we KNOW doesn't work because, if we don't spend it there, it MIGHT be misappropriated by a corrupt contractor. Makes perfect sense!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

01-07-2013, 10:41 PM
(29-06-2013 06:09 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:can't turn worth a damn, can't climb, can't accelerate,

For the foreseeable future its main opponent will be flying carpets so, probably not a big issue.

I'm six miles from Luke AFB in Arizona where the rednecks are creaming their pants because 100+ of the damn things will be based for training. I'm looking forward to the frequent stand-downs so it will be quiet.

It is a big issue as we have no idea whether we'll have to engage a country with a formidable Air Force in 5 or 10 years. An enemy with aircraft having superior performance and experienced pilots will kill the F-35 in large numbers.

When a downed F-35 pilot is captured and appears on CNN, people will care. Seeing an American pilot in a tattered flight suit, faced bruised and swollen from beatings and a few torture sessions, mindlessly reading some enemy manifesto about how America is an imperialist aggressor and it got what it deserved, that is going to enrage the public. Possibly cause a few senior heads at Lockheed and the Pentagon to roll for it. All largely avoidable by procuring a fighter that actually works as designed for a lot less that what were spending of F-35.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Separation of church and state in your country Tatuks 11 242 30-06-2014 02:57 AM
Last Post: Luminon
  SSM Now coming to a state near you Revenant77x 4 90 06-06-2014 09:44 PM
Last Post: Smercury44
  Louisiana to Make Bible Official State Book?! The Germans are coming 9 174 22-04-2014 07:24 AM
Last Post: wazzel
  When is the Left going to stop pandering to the religious? TrainWreck 17 394 05-04-2014 12:47 PM
Last Post: TrainWreck
  When will the GOP stop mixing politics in religion Aleprauchanist 15 238 31-03-2014 10:44 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  The State of the Union speech tonight ... Chas 35 689 12-02-2014 05:06 PM
Last Post: Alla
  German police state vs. Swiss liberty frankksj 1 161 05-02-2014 11:47 PM
Last Post: toadaly