Stop the shout box!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2012, 02:16 PM

Stop the shout box!
Please get rid of that Shout Box. It pops up constantly and interferes with posting in the forum. It's highly annoying and won't stay minimized.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
26-05-2012, 02:32 PM
RE: Stop the shout box!
There is a "show/hide" thing for it that makes it go away almost all the time (it looks like a message balloon)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Yep, click the button that says show/hide and it will stay away for the duration of your TTA visit.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-05-2012, 04:34 PM
TTA, thanks for all the hard work, and many many hours spent on the shout box. We asked for chat, and you gave it to us. You guys rock. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
26-05-2012, 05:58 PM
NO!!!

clicking on the "hide" icon or "Hide" word does not work for me (Chrome, Mac OS X).

It keeps appearing on every page, it's very annoying Angry

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
[+] 1 user Likes KVron's post
26-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Firefox

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
26-05-2012, 06:16 PM
The hard work was all DeepThought, he's been working on this thing for a while now and has been doing a great job. He's been trying to address all the concerns and make it work for everybody!

I'm sure there are still minor issues that need ironing but he's a one man tech wizard! He deserves boat loads of props!

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
26-05-2012, 06:23 PM
i still request a sound instead.

Your beliefs do not make you a better person, your behavior does.
26-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Ok, KV-ron and Egor - what you need to do is clear your cookies followed immediately by closing the browser (all open windows). That will fix this issue.
Currently the user preference for shoutbox and and crotch bar are not stored on the server. I'll see what I can do soon.
I also changed the default shoutbox setting to hidden.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 3 users Like DeepThought's post
26-05-2012, 09:06 PM
(26-05-2012 07:10 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  I also changed the default shoutbox setting to hidden.
Perfectamundo!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post