Stop the shout box!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2012, 02:26 AM
RE: Stop the shout box!
the only thing driving me crazy is the floating bar at the bottom. sometimes on mobile browsers ends up floating in the middle of the screen making clicking on stuff a pain.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2012, 03:25 AM
Only because you aren't using the mobile version!

Is it still happening now? Cos I changed something that should stop this from happening.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
27-05-2012, 04:21 AM
(27-05-2012 03:25 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Only because you aren't using the mobile version!

Is it still happening now? Cos I changed something that should stop this from happening.
It seems to have worked for me DT.... it no longer pops up without me wanting it to Smile

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
27-05-2012, 02:46 PM
(27-05-2012 03:25 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Only because you aren't using the mobile version!

The true mobile version is really basic and I don't like it so I go to the full version instead on my phone.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
27-05-2012, 03:34 PM
(26-05-2012 07:10 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Ok, KV-ron and Egor - what you need to do is clear your cookies followed immediately by closing the browser (all open windows). That will fix this issue.
Currently the user preference for shoutbox and and crotch bar are not stored on the server. I'll see what I can do soon.
I also changed the default shoutbox setting to hidden.
ALSO: be sure to restart your computer... especially if you have a Mac. Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
28-05-2012, 02:35 AM
Why do you think that restart is required after cleaning cookies? A restart is needed and recommended after installing/uninstalling software, or some rather big cleanups. If you just used CCleaner, it only deletes some files, so restart makes no difference. Macs should have even less need for restarting, it is only Windows that require restart for every stupid little thing you do.

Or am I missing something?

Hmmm....

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
29-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Big Grin RE: Stop the shout box!
Well, it's working for me now: no more popups!! [Image: biggrin.gif]

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Shout box has been perfected! Thanks Deep.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF