Stopping the Time -- Marking the moment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2011, 10:07 AM

Stopping the Time -- Marking the moment
Today's date is 11/11/11

It doesn't happen so often that the digits line up like that.

When I was still working, I marked every day at 11 AM by closing my eyes for a second when the clock display rolled over to 11:11:11 -- and as long as I kept my eyes closed, I could still see it as an imprint on my retina -- time has stopped for me.

I wonder if people have their own unique ways to mark a moment.

When you tell yourself: I want to remember this moment for the rest of my life.

How do you fix it in time?
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Zatamon's post
11-11-2011, 12:37 PM
RE: Stopping the Time -- Marking the moment
(11-11-2011 10:07 AM)Zatamon Wrote:  Today's date is 11/11/11

It doesn't happen so often that the digits line up like that.

When I was still working, I marked every day at 11 AM by closing my eyes for a second when the clock display rolled over to 11:11:11 -- and as long as I kept my eyes closed, I could still see it as an imprint on my retina -- time has stopped for me.

I wonder if people have their own unique ways to mark a moment.

When you tell yourself: I want to remember this moment for the rest of my life.

How do you fix it in time?

It's about half an hour away from 11:11:11 on 11-11-11 here. Still thinking about how I'm going to mark the moment. In any event, I'll have someone to share it with, which makes me feel very grateful.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2011, 03:33 PM

I remember two episodes in my life when I deliberately, consciously, marked the moment by telling myself: "I have to remember this as long as I live, I have to remember everything around me: the texture of the walls, the colour of the carpet, the clouds in the sky, the sound of the birds through the open window, the beating of my heart."

They tell you most people remember where they were when Kennedy was killed (only us oldies) or when 9/11 happened.

I remember only those moments when I was so close to another human being that we were not two any more -- we were just one. Those moments are burnt into my mind with crystal clarity.

So, how many moments do you have, in your life, that you marked to be with you forever?
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2011, 04:59 PM
(11-11-2011 03:33 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  So, how many moments do you have, in your life, that you marked to be with you forever?

4. Watching the births of my 4 children. But I didn't mark the moments, the moments marked me. Wink

Next binary day is Jan 1, 2100. See you all there! Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-11-2011, 01:40 AM
(11-11-2011 04:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I didn't mark the moments, the moments marked me.

Exactly.

Words to remember.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
12-11-2011, 02:01 AM
I completely forgot about the date yesterday, I taught it was today... A well, a day like any other day. Having some digits line up now only means that we have chosen this way of calendar use. We could have made a bit different calendar and today would be some other digits...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
12-11-2011, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2011 09:50 PM by houseofcantor.)
Someone say, numerology? Break out the kit, boyz...

5/15/00
and
...and alla my remaining units of Planck time, love, for my Gwynnies. Wink
(11-11-2011 04:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-11-2011 03:33 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  So, how many moments do you have, in your life, that you marked to be with you forever?

4. Watching the births of my 4 children. But I didn't mark the moments, the moments marked me. Wink

Next binary day is Jan 1, 2100. See you all there! Big Grin

Another with 4. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user