Story of Jesus Christ now proven to be a fabrication

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2013, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2013 08:30 PM by Rahn127.)
Story of Jesus Christ now proven to be a fabrication
New discovery: ancient confessions recently uncovered now prove that the New Testament was written by first-century Roman aristocrats
and that they fabricated the entire story of Jesus Christ.

http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11201273.htm

I think we all knew this anyway and it appears, now we have a little evidence.

I also posted this on my fb and I have to admit to some glee as I mentally pop a few balloons that some religious people in my family have.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Rahn127's post
08-10-2013, 08:40 PM
RE: Story of Jesus Christ now proven to be a fabrication
(08-10-2013 08:27 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  New discovery: ancient confessions recently uncovered now prove that the New Testament was written by first-century Roman aristocrats

I also posted this on my fb and I have to admit to some glee as I mentally pop a few balloons that some religious people in my family have.

(Dr.) Mark Fulton (our TTA guru on this subject) discovered Atwill some time ago. (He talks about him in his soon-to-be-published book.) It will be interesting to see what his "discovery" is.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-10-2013, 08:44 PM
(08-10-2013 08:27 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  New discovery: ancient confessions recently uncovered now prove that the New Testament was written by first-century Roman aristocrats

Cool story if true. I await evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
08-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Scholarly research (be it history or science) via press release is never a good sign.
[+] 11 users Like ghostexorcist's post
08-10-2013, 08:52 PM
I think Atwill is a crackpot.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
08-10-2013, 08:59 PM
There are a number of Atwill videos on YouTube, in which he lays out his theory.
This is nothing new. If he actually has some new evidence, that will be new.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UqG8w7ezUQ

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
08-10-2013, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2013 09:40 PM by evenheathen.)
Wait. Wasn't there a member here not to long ago spouting the same theory? I seem to remember a thread with him and Fulton going back and forth with some intriguing dialogue. I know I've seen this talked about on the forum before, whoever it was had a website that talked about it. I just can't remember his name.

Edit: never mind, I think I was thinking of Ralph Ellis. He had a few other strange theories also. It just reminded me of this.

Maybe I'm just remembering Mark talking about it.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
08-10-2013, 09:12 PM
I'm no sure. I want to see his sources and evidence.
08-10-2013, 09:23 PM
I'm skeptical about several aspects of it.

But, it does seem to have at least some credibility. Its worth thinking about at least. I think Jesus did exist... for the reasons Christopher Hitchens gave. Where the myths came from, and the messianic status... that's not so clear.

Come to think of it, why would Jews in Israel want to turn him into a messiah, when he so clearly didn't fit the prophesy?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
08-10-2013, 09:38 PM
(08-10-2013 09:23 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  I'm skeptical about several aspects of it.

But, it does seem to have at least some credibility. Its worth thinking about at least. I think Jesus did exist... for the reasons Christopher Hitchens gave. Where the myths came from, and the messianic status... that's not so clear.

Come to think of it, why would Jews in Israel want to turn him into a messiah, when he so clearly didn't fit the prophesy?
Not all the jews believed that jesus was the messiah but a lot of them did which caused a split in the religion this creating christianity. Today the jews are still waiting for their messiah. Oh..and what videos did you see about hitchens comments? I don't doubt you I just love watching themTongue