Story of Jesus Christ now proven to be a fabrication

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2013, 04:11 PM
RE: Story of Jesus Christ now proven to be a fabrication
(16-10-2013 12:26 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(12-10-2013 01:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  And some of them aren't even that hard. Get me two fucking donkeys and I'll go fulfill me some prophesy... Drinking Beverage

Being annunciated by a forerunner is easy? Being betrayed for 30 pieces of silver? Perhaps?

Now rise from the dead.

Do you have any idea how many dying and rising gods there were ?
When Paul said he was "exalted", it's entirely possible he did not mean he was a physically reanimated a corpse.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-10-2013, 07:34 PM
Story of Jesus Christ now proven to be a fabrication
(16-10-2013 12:26 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(12-10-2013 01:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  And some of them aren't even that hard. Get me two fucking donkeys and I'll go fulfill me some prophesy... Drinking Beverage

Being annunciated by a forerunner is easy? Being betrayed for 30 pieces of silver? Perhaps?

Now rise from the dead.

The problem is that we have no evidence for the existence of this Jesus guy. Can you prove he existed?

"Laissez nous faire!"

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for mine."
16-10-2013, 08:10 PM
(16-10-2013 07:34 PM)Crimson Flyboy Wrote:  
(16-10-2013 12:26 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Being annunciated by a forerunner is easy? Being betrayed for 30 pieces of silver? Perhaps?

Now rise from the dead.

The problem is that we have no evidence for the existence of this Jesus guy. Can you prove he existed?

And more specifically, evidence that he continues to exist--and influences/interacts with his followers.
16-10-2013, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2013 08:25 PM by Searching4truth.)
[Image: religious-defense-demotivational-poster-1226978881.jpg]Im pretty sure the theists wont even give it any credit- if they even allow satan that foothold in their minds
No
16-10-2013, 09:20 PM
(16-10-2013 08:22 PM)Searching4truth Wrote:  [Image: religious-defense-demotivational-poster-1226978881.jpg]Im pretty sure the theists wont even give it any credit- if they even allow satan that foothold in their minds
No
Yeah, $20 they call Atwill the anti-christ. I accept paypalSmile

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
17-10-2013, 12:30 PM
(16-10-2013 04:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-10-2013 12:26 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Being annunciated by a forerunner is easy? Being betrayed for 30 pieces of silver? Perhaps?

Now rise from the dead.

Do you have any idea how many dying and rising gods there were ?

Yes. Do you have an idea of how many of them offer prophecy in addition, and also have empirical evidence we can research proving the prophecies? One (1).

Quote:When Paul said he was "exalted", it's entirely possible he did not mean he was a physically reanimated a corpse.

Bad example, though, since Paul rose from the dead after his stoning!
17-10-2013, 12:34 PM
(16-10-2013 07:34 PM)Crimson Flyboy Wrote:  

Now rise from the dead.

No evidence he existed? I guess:

1) You can prove YOU exist so we can worry about the ancient peoples later...

2) How many ancient people of the millions of lived and died have a dozen panegyrics (histories, atheists, please) written about them, like Jesus does?

No evidence He existed? The Bible contains documents with his geneaology, history, life promises and etc.

You are further disagreeing with the vast body of mainline, non-evangelical scholars:

"Most modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed, but scholars differ on the historicity of specific episodes described in the Biblical accounts of Jesus..."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

I don't mind hearing the usual wacky (and some very solid) theories here from freethinkers on this forum, but please try to limit yourself to what PhD scholars worldwide who don't know Jesus from a hole in the head agree with, please!
17-10-2013, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2013 07:07 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(17-10-2013 12:30 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(16-10-2013 04:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Do you have any idea how many dying and rising gods there were ?

Yes. Do you have an idea of how many of them offer prophecy in addition, and also have empirical evidence we can research proving the prophecies? One (1).

Quote:When Paul said he was "exalted", it's entirely possible he did not mean he was a physically reanimated a corpse.

Do you have any idea how many "prophecies did NOT come true ?
I reject the foundation. ALL the bullshit is based on at least two false premises.
1. Prophesy was the words of their deity to the people of THEIR OWN day. It was not till "pesherism" arose that the invention of prophesy as sooth-saying arose, LATE in Jewish history.
2. None of them can refer to someone who didn't get the MAIN job done, someone might be referred to as a "messiah".

Paul did not "die", if he got up. No human has ever risen from a dead state. Your point is totally irrelevant, and in no way clarifies what he MEANT by resurrection, (as Professor Scott points out in his book).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-10-2013, 03:28 PM
(17-10-2013 12:30 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(16-10-2013 04:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Do you have any idea how many dying and rising gods there were ?

"Yes. Do you have an idea of how many of them offer prophecy in addition, and also have empirical evidence we can research proving the prophecies? One (1)."

Tell us which prophecies came true.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-10-2013, 03:43 PM
(17-10-2013 12:34 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(16-10-2013 07:34 PM)Crimson Flyboy Wrote:  The problem is that we have no evidence for the existence of this Jesus guy. Can you prove he existed?

No evidence he existed? I guess:

1) You can prove YOU exist so we can worry about the ancient peoples later...

2) How many ancient people of the millions of lived and died have a dozen panegyrics (histories, atheists, please) written about them, like Jesus does?

No evidence He existed? The Bible contains documents with his geneaology, history, life promises and etc.

You are further disagreeing with the vast body of mainline, non-evangelical scholars:

"Most modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed, but scholars differ on the historicity of specific episodes described in the Biblical accounts of Jesus..."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

I don't mind hearing the usual wacky (and some very solid) theories here from freethinkers on this forum, but please try to limit yourself to what PhD scholars worldwide who don't know Jesus from a hole in the head agree with, please!

"No evidence He existed? The Bible...." STOP RIGHT THERE, because herein lies the problem....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user