Story of Jesus Christ now proven to be a fabrication

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2013, 09:39 PM
RE: Story of Jesus Christ now proven to be a fabrication
(08-10-2013 09:38 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(08-10-2013 09:23 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  I'm skeptical about several aspects of it.

But, it does seem to have at least some credibility. Its worth thinking about at least. I think Jesus did exist... for the reasons Christopher Hitchens gave. Where the myths came from, and the messianic status... that's not so clear.

Come to think of it, why would Jews in Israel want to turn him into a messiah, when he so clearly didn't fit the prophesy?
Not all the jews believed that jesus was the messiah but a lot of them did which caused a split in the religion thus creating christianity. Today the jews are still waiting for their messiah. Oh..and what videos did you see about hitchens comments? I don't doubt you I just love watching themTongue
fuckk i could be wrong now. idk don't pay attention
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2013, 09:39 PM
(08-10-2013 09:23 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  I'm skeptical about several aspects of it.

But, it does seem to have at least some credibility. Its worth thinking about at least. I think Jesus did exist... for the reasons Christopher Hitchens gave. Where the myths came from, and the messianic status... that's not so clear.

Come to think of it, why would Jews in Israel want to turn him into a messiah, when he so clearly didn't fit the prophesy?

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...Saint-Paul

This should explain a good bit of it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
08-10-2013, 10:33 PM
(08-10-2013 09:38 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Today the jews are still waiting for their messiah. Oh..and what videos did you see about hitchens comments? I don't doubt you I just love watching themTongue

Nope. Most Jews are not waiting for anything. Messianism was, and remains, a small sub- sect of Judaism. That's the line from Sunday school.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-10-2013, 10:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2013 10:38 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(08-10-2013 09:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  [quote='Paranoidsam' pid='393113' dateline='1381289025']
I'm skeptical about several aspects of it.

edit:duplicate

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
08-10-2013, 10:35 PM
(08-10-2013 09:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...Saint-Paul

This should explain a good bit of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwUZOZN-9dc
And this explains some more.

08-10-2013, 10:45 PM
(08-10-2013 10:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(08-10-2013 09:38 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Today the jews are still waiting for their messiah. Oh..and what videos did you see about hitchens comments? I don't doubt you I just love watching themTongue

Nope. Most Jews are not waiting for anything. Messianism was, and remains, a small sub- sect of Judaism. That's the line from Sunday school.
thanks for clearing that upSmile
09-10-2013, 06:13 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing his evidence too. I'm sure it will be discredited and ignored.
Billions of dollars a year flowing into the church will stop any evidence from seeing the light of day.

Either way, the title alone was enough to make me smile Big Grin

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
09-10-2013, 06:25 AM
Atwill's kind of a whack job, and any kind of "evidence" will be seen as a way "to attempt to discredit the Church." Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
09-10-2013, 06:34 AM
(08-10-2013 09:38 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Not all the jews believed that jesus was the messiah

I imagine it went something like this ...

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 11 users Like ghostexorcist's post
09-10-2013, 07:40 AM
Quote:How could this go unnoticed in the most scrutinised books of all time? "Many of the parallels are conceptual or poetic, so they aren't all immediately obvious. After all, the authors did not want the average believer to see what they were doing, but they did want the alert reader to see it. An educated Roman in the ruling class would probably have recognised the literary game being played." Atwill maintains he can demonstrate that "the Roman Caesars left us a kind of puzzle literature that was meant to be solved by future generations, and the solution to that puzzle is 'We invented Jesus Christ, and we're proud of it.'"

Ralph Ellis clone. Dreams his own interpretations for ancient texts.

Dodgy Fuck these bush-league pseudo-scientists, they give real science a bad name.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post