Story of Jesus Christ now proven to be a fabrication

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2013, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2013 09:38 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Story of Jesus Christ now proven to be a fabrication
I still want to know how anyone thinks the Free Masons existed before the late 14th Century, and what the evidence for that is.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2013, 09:01 PM
(05-11-2013 08:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I still want to know how anyone thinks the Free Mason existed before the late 14th Century, and what the evidence for that is.

I'm having a hard time figuring out where he's coming from but I think He's somehow connecting the Freemasons with the old Egyptian stonemason's guild. But he's hard to follow...
05-11-2013, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2013 10:41 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(05-11-2013 01:15 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  And many of the cults you mention fulfill prophecy by coming in Jesus's name! I'm very aware, by the way, of the issues that underly the false cult of Mormonism.

However, your misstatement was in saying the gospels lack corroboration. There are four of them. Jospeh Smith wrote the Book of Mormon through his assistants. So did Muhammed the Qu'ran. There are four gospel writers.

Are you really that stupid?

The gospels were written anonymously, and quite clearly copied from one another. The Gospels are not corroboration, nor can they be regarded as 'reliable'. What else did 'Mark' or 'Luke' write, so that we can compare and contrast to see if they are reliable scholars? Because what we do see is them making extraordinary claims with ZERO contemporary corroboration, often times even contradicting with themselves!

Oh, and your cult warned about false prophets coming in it's name? What the fuck does that prove? Only that whoever thought that up was trying to protect his 'brand' from other competing 'brands', no different than selling dish soap or breakfast cereal to the masses. Does that claim at all prove the validity of your cult? Not anymore than it attests to the validity of the FSM if it warned us about false pirates coming in it's name...

So fuck your fundy bullshit, those excuses will not fly here. Dodgy

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-11-2013, 02:19 AM
(05-11-2013 09:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 01:15 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  And many of the cults you mention fulfill prophecy by coming in Jesus's name! I'm very aware, by the way, of the issues that underly the false cult of Mormonism.

However, your misstatement was in saying the gospels lack corroboration. There are four of them. Jospeh Smith wrote the Book of Mormon through his assistants. So did Muhammed the Qu'ran. There are four gospel writers.

Are you really that stupid?

The gospels were written anonymously, and quite clearly copied from one another. The Gospels are not corroboration, nor can they be regarded as 'reliable'. What else did 'Mark' or 'Luke' write, so that we can compare and contrast to see if they are reliable scholars? Because what we do see is them making extraordinary claims with ZERO contemporary corroboration, often times even contradicting with themselves!

Oh, and your cult warned about false prophets coming in it's name? What the fuck does that prove? Only that whoever thought that up was trying to protect his 'brand' from other competing 'brands', no different than selling dish soap or breakfast cereal to the masses. Does that claim at all prove the validity of your cult? Not anymore than it attests to the validity of the FSM if it warned us about false pirates coming in it's name...

So fuck your fundy bullshit, those excuses will not fly here. Dodgy

Bullseye! Big sigh. I wish I had your way with words.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
06-11-2013, 02:28 AM
(06-11-2013 02:19 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Bullseye! Big sigh. I wish I had your way with words.

I have a lot of practice trying to explain everything to my technologically illiterate father in terms of car analogies or other things he might understand. So I (fortunately or not) have had a lot or practice in making on-the-fly analogies. Still, thanks for the compliment Mark! Thumbsup

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
06-11-2013, 11:22 AM
(05-11-2013 02:10 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 01:41 PM)ralphellis Wrote:  If Jesus was Jesus of Gamala (i.e.: King Izas of Adiabene-Edessa)

Can you provide us with any links or published peer-reviewed research concerning this theory of yours ? You have published this yourself in book form, I understand. But a book doth not a truth make. Nor does a forum or blog post. So what is the scholarly reaction to your theory ?

The accusation has often been leveled at you that you are a crank. Can you refute it ?

I can certainly refute that I am a crank, because everything I write and claim comes straight out of the historical texts. The fact that certain so-called scholars don't like the way I have joined up the historical dots, does not make one a crank. In fact, the term 'crank' is now a standard scholarly perforative, to demonize anyone who might scupper the nice historical framework they have constructed, and terminate their stipends. (Historians don't like their creed being challenged, any more than theists do.)

Take the province/city of Adiabene, for instance. A crucial cornerstone of my thesis is that Josephus' Adiabene is actually Edessa, and I provide 100 pages of evidence for this - including the fact that the Syriac historians claim that the queen of Adiabene was married to the king of Edessa.

The scholarly reaction to this? They just say it is not possible - without considering the evidence for the proposal, and not giving any evidence to support their negativity. And the Syriac historians? Oh, 'we don't believe the Syriacs….', as one academic said. While other so-called academics simply fabricate evidence, like Mr (Prof) Caruso did. (Still waiting for that evidence, Prof Caruso - its been one year now...).

Take a look at Mr (Prof) McClellan's arguments. He makes a robust rebuttal of my claims, and then when I correct his arguments in the comments, he makes no reply. How, as a scholar, can you not justify the rather patronizing and mocking claims you have just made:
http://danielomcclellan.wordpress.com/20...lph-ellis/
(Prof McClellan is a historian and a fundamentalist Mormon, by the way. Yeah - a bit of an oxymoron, I know.)

Or take the previously mentioned Prof Caruso, who simply deleted all my corrections to his wild accusations. See post 202 here:
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...on?page=21

So to answer you question.

Have I been peer reviewed?
No, because no academic will touch something that potentially topples their historical framework. How can any academic admit that everything they have taught their students for the last 30 years, has been - err - grossly incorrect?

Has any academic undermined or disproved my thesis?
No, they just hide behind web-fortresses, shouting abuse and refusing to debate the issues - because they know they will lose the debate.

So there you go. Academia is at a crossroads, I would say.

Ralph
06-11-2013, 11:37 AM
(05-11-2013 08:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I still want to know how anyone thinks the Free Masons existed before the late 14th Century, and what the evidence for that is.

Masonry sprang from the Knights Templar. The Templars went underground after their destruction by Philip the Fair on Friday 13th 1307. That is why Friday 13th is still considered to be an unlucky day, even to this day.

But where did the Templars get their initiatory/masonic creed from? A quick look at their constitution will demonstrate it is the same as the Essene Community Rule. So the Templar gained their knowledge from the remnants of the Nazarene in Judaea - the Ebionites. The Ebionites were called 'The Poor', which is why the Templars became known as the 'The Poor Knights of Christ'.

But the Nazarene Ebionites were the Church of Jesus and James. So Templarism and Masonry came from the Nazarene Church of Jesus (which is why both Jesus and the Templars had long hair). This is why there are so many references to stones and masonry in the gospels - with Jesus being the 'cornerstone' and Peter Cephas being the 'stone stone' (the rough ashlar).

It is quite clear that the Nazarene Church was Masonic, which is why Jesus' Raising of Lazarus is exactly the same as a modern Masonic 3rd degree initiation ceremony.

Ralph
06-11-2013, 11:43 AM
(05-11-2013 08:35 PM)Crimson Flyboy Wrote:  
(04-11-2013 05:48 AM)ralphellis Wrote:  One of the greatest books missing from history is "The history of the kings of Judaea" by Justus of Tiberius.

If he did, it was lost. And to speak of this lost book is pure speculation.

It is not speculation at all. Josephus mentions this book on many occasions, and he rails against it (because it contradicted his own history of Judaea).

However, Josephus was the last Jew standing, after the siege of Jerusalem in AD 70. Josephus then controlled everything in Judaea, on behalf of his Flavian patrons. So what do you think happened to "The history of the kings of Judaea" by Justus of Tiberius - the book that Josephus hated so much….

Ralph
06-11-2013, 11:46 AM
(06-11-2013 11:37 AM)ralphellis Wrote:  Masonry sprang from the Knights Templar. The Templars went underground after their destruction by Philip the Fair on Friday 13th 1307. That is why Friday 13th is still considered to be an unlucky day, even to this day.

Baloney. This superstition is rather recent.

This is typical of your absurd assertions. You are a nutjob.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-11-2013, 01:13 PM
(06-11-2013 11:22 AM)ralphellis Wrote:  Have I been peer reviewed?
No

Thank you. While it may take time for your theories to gain acceptance, if they truly hold merit then they will eventually become mainstream science and you can hold your head up high as the originator of the ideas. But you will of course admit that my position of skepticism in light of your extraordinary claims is reasonable. While truth may be found outside of academia and the peer review process, if experts do not validate your work I cannot as a lay person accept it on your word alone.

I suggest that as dry and horrible as the case may be, you continue to seek acceptance from the establishment, perhaps by submitting papers to journals, perhaps by convincing someone in academia that you are indeed, not a crank. Because until that time accepting your work as truth is problematic for me and I suspect, many others. How are we to tell if it is genuine, if the experts do not verify it ?

You may well not be a crank, but without peer review, I cannot tell since there are many who *are*. Your ranting about conspiracy theories and relentless self-promotion does not inspire confidence.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post