Story of Jesus Christ now proven to be a fabrication

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2013, 11:21 AM
RE: Story of Jesus Christ now proven to be a fabrication
(14-11-2013 02:29 PM)Lawls Wrote:  Demonic possession?! are you kidding me? Hey PleaseJesus, pray that I am struck down and smote by God tonight, I'm not kidding, pray for my death and then I'll PM you if I'm still aliveWink.

Dear Lord Jesus,

Lawls has no idea of the magnitude of his foolish statement. I pray sincerely and fervently that you will NOT strike him dead tonight. PLEASE make my prayer win so Lawls learns the error of his ways. PLEASE let him live.

Amen... and checkmate.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2013, 02:08 PM
(15-11-2013 11:21 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 02:29 PM)Lawls Wrote:  Demonic possession?! are you kidding me? Hey PleaseJesus, pray that I am struck down and smote by God tonight, I'm not kidding, pray for my death and then I'll PM you if I'm still aliveWink.

Dear Lord Jesus,

Lawls has no idea of the magnitude of his foolish statement. I pray sincerely and fervently that you will NOT strike him dead tonight. PLEASE make my prayer win so Lawls learns the error of his ways. PLEASE let him live.

Amen... and checkmate.

If it's God's plan who are you to challenge it, pipsqueak ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
15-11-2013, 03:33 PM
(15-11-2013 02:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-11-2013 11:21 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Dear Lord Jesus,

Amen... and checkmate.

If it's God's plan who are you to challenge it, pipsqueak ?

Big Grin Because God told me His plan. Big Grin
15-11-2013, 04:06 PM
(15-11-2013 03:33 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(15-11-2013 02:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  If it's God's plan who are you to challenge it, pipsqueak ?

Big Grin Because God told me His plan. Big Grin

Apparently his plan is for you to spend your time reciting meaningless drivel ?

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-01-2014, 11:17 AM
I just finished reading Jo Awill's book and in the course of googling I came across various posts here and there by Ralph Ellis. I thought at first it was some crank idea that Jesus was from Ethiopia so I ignored it. I first saw these a few months ago. Yesterday I happened across this forum and had a look at it and then looked at some of Ralph Ellis' videos on Youtube.

What I would say is that Atwill leaves some unanswered questions. He doesn't deal very extensively with who the real Jesus was but suggests there was a real Jesus. He mentions a rebel leader at Galilee called Jesus but he doesn't elaborate on who this is. He suggests the real Jesus was Eleazor who is Lazarus of the New Testament.

I actually found Ralph Ellis' youtube fascinating, whether it is true or not. It reminds me of the Anonymous film about Shakespeare, which is a conspiracy movie which is wildly fictional and not much liked even by those who agree with the underlying hypothesis. It also seems to evoke the same kind of sentiments.

I have a severe anxiety disorder and I came here just to have a discussion and not to deal with unpleasant behavior so I would appreciate people not using unpleasant language. Thanks.
[+] 1 user Likes Deltabravo's post
23-01-2014, 11:34 AM
(23-01-2014 11:17 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I have a severe anxiety disorder and I came here just to have a discussion and not to deal with unpleasant behavior so I would appreciate people not using unpleasant language. Thanks.

[Image: SuperCoolSkiInstructorSouthParkBadTime.jpg]

We not only enjoy our freedom of speech, we use it. There is no kiddie pool, water-wings and life jackets will not be provided; enter at your own risk.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
23-01-2014, 11:35 AM
Delta,
Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your experience.

Jesus was a very common name in the OT and NT times. The Joshua of OT fame was simply the Hebrew pronunciation of the word. There were several messiahs, rebel leaders and bandits in the Intertestamental Period and some of them were named Jesus. Gamaliel mentions another one named Theudas.

Conjecture about who Jesus was is nice and all, but I would like to see documentation backing up claims.

I just posted some entries on Lazarus in my thread (see Doc's ---- Sunday School). Look though the last 2 or 3 entries and see what you think.

Once again, welcome.

Doc
23-01-2014, 01:08 PM
(23-01-2014 11:17 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I have a severe anxiety disorder and I came here just to have a discussion and not to deal with unpleasant behavior so I would appreciate people not using unpleasant language. Thanks.

What you will find is that if you're nice to people, people will be nice to you. If you show that you can have civil discussion, civil discussion will be had. If people feel like you're playing silly buggers then all the appeals to civility in the world will not save your sorry ass Big Grin Now go forth and be polite Smile And welcome Smile

24-01-2014, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2014 05:14 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(23-01-2014 11:17 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I just finished reading Jo Awill's book and in the course of googling I came across various posts here and there by Ralph Ellis. I thought at first it was some crank idea that Jesus was from Ethiopia so I ignored it. I first saw these a few months ago. Yesterday I happened across this forum and had a look at it and then looked at some of Ralph Ellis' videos on Youtube.

What I would say is that Atwill leaves some unanswered questions. He doesn't deal very extensively with who the real Jesus was but suggests there was a real Jesus. He mentions a rebel leader at Galilee called Jesus but he doesn't elaborate on who this is. He suggests the real Jesus was Eleazor who is Lazarus of the New Testament.

I actually found Ralph Ellis' youtube fascinating, whether it is true or not. It reminds me of the Anonymous film about Shakespeare, which is a conspiracy movie which is wildly fictional and not much liked even by those who agree with the underlying hypothesis. It also seems to evoke the same kind of sentiments.

I have a severe anxiety disorder and I came here just to have a discussion and not to deal with unpleasant behavior so I would appreciate people not using unpleasant language. Thanks.

Hi and welcome.
I find Atwill's theories fascinating. The similarities between Titus' military campaign and Jesus exploits are remarkable. The fact that Vespasian and Titus were great propagandists makes the theory more plausible.

I agree that he leaves many questions unanswered.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-01-2014, 05:12 PM
(15-11-2013 11:21 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  

Dear Lord Jesus,

Amen... and checkmate.

This is typical of Christians.

"I'll pray for you" is their way of saying "fuck you asshole."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user