Story of creation and unanswered questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2013, 12:46 AM
Story of creation and unanswered questions
Ok... so now that I (shockingly) found out that christians take the story of creation for a fact, a few unanswered questions came to my mind that I had when I was a kid. No one was able to give me a plausible answer back then, apart from saying the usual like "god works in mysterious ways" if they ran out of arguments. Looking at other made up stories, like the ones involving aliens do sound crazy and are anything but true, yet they sound plausible within their own conception. Christianity lacks that plausibility from the very core, so for the sake of the argument, lets pretend it was consistant and plausible and point out the outcomes.

Day 1, god lets there be light, night and days -> what kind of light? Neither the stars and the moon, nor the sun has been created yet. So what determines day and night anyway? And what about all the other planets? Oh, they weren't known yet.

Day 2, god creates the skies -> Now the question becomes, if there were no skies before day 1, what was it then? You can't create "something out of nothing", right?

Day 3, god creates land plants and trees -> How are plants and trees supposed to grow without a sun? It still hasn't been created yet. Books often show already fully grown plants and trees, but once you plant seeds in your garden, you quickly notice that they need quite a bit of time to grow, some more some less. And they all need sunlight. Otherwise, put one of your plants in a dark place and see what happens.

Day 4, god creates the sun, moon and stars and... day and night -> Wait, wasn't the day and night part covered on day 1 already?

Day 5, god created other every living creature and gave life to water and skies -> There's life in the skies? I thought it's only clouds, unless they count as life too. Birds don't live in the skies either, so what could it have been?

Day 6, god created 2 caucasian humans, a male and a female by the names Adam and Eve, who was created either Adam's rib or a piece of dirt, feel free to pick one. He gave them even more creatures (like... lap dogs?) and now they were free to exploit and ruin the planet.

Day 7, god gets freaking tired and needs some sleep...

Meanwhile, on earth, Adam and Eve get on with their lives, do what most couples would do in their spare time. They were lucky enough to get away with it even though they were unmarried, but what had to happen, happened anyway. Since condoms weren't invented yet, Eve got pregnant and gave birth to 2 boys. I'm not sure when the incident with the talking snake and the forbidden fruit took place, but that doesn't really matter. Eve was fucked either way, in the truest sense of the word. Apart from the big question how other ethnical groups came to life, one would wonder how Adam, Eve and the 2 boys would replicate each other. Since there are no mentions of other children Eve had with Adam, the only way to populate the earth was Eve to be banged by one or both of her sons. Apart from the short life span adults had at that time, a risky pregnancy there's only a a 50/50 chance to give birth to another female, who then later would be banged by her (grand)father, if he still happens to be alive and/or of course her brothers. And here's where the story comes to an ends before it started: Depending on which gender will overrun the "population", it might work for at most one generation, but regarding the low life span of adults in general at that time, plus the high infant mortality due to genetic deformation as a result of incest, rather sooner than later: GAME OVER.

So... I guess it's time for christianity to make up some better shit.

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like pxlgirl's post
07-02-2013, 12:59 AM
RE: Story of creation and unanswered questions
Yep. Taken to its logical conclusion, the bible account of how humanity got started is the freakiest incest story ever.

You gotta hand it to those bronze age goat fuckers, er, herders... they had imagination.
07-02-2013, 03:05 AM
[Image: 140-Think-about-it.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-02-2013, 05:53 AM
(07-02-2013 12:46 AM)pxlgirl Wrote:  Ok... so now that I (shockingly) found out that christians take the story of creation for a fact, a few unanswered questions came to my mind that I had when I was a kid. No one was able to give me a plausible answer back then, apart from saying the usual like "god works in mysterious ways" if they ran out of arguments. Looking at other made up stories, like the ones involving aliens do sound crazy and are anything but true, yet they sound plausible within their own conception. Christianity lacks that plausibility from the very core, so for the sake of the argument, lets pretend it was consistant and plausible and point out the outcomes.

Day 1, god lets there be light, night and days -> what kind of light? Neither the stars and the moon, nor the sun has been created yet. So what determines day and night anyway? And what about all the other planets? Oh, they weren't known yet.

Day 2, god creates the skies -> Now the question becomes, if there were no skies before day 1, what was it then? You can't create "something out of nothing", right?

Day 3, god creates land plants and trees -> How are plants and trees supposed to grow without a sun? It still hasn't been created yet. Books often show already fully grown plants and trees, but once you plant seeds in your garden, you quickly notice that they need quite a bit of time to grow, some more some less. And they all need sunlight. Otherwise, put one of your plants in a dark place and see what happens.

Day 4, god creates the sun, moon and stars and... day and night -> Wait, wasn't the day and night part covered on day 1 already?

Day 5, god created other every living creature and gave life to water and skies -> There's life in the skies? I thought it's only clouds, unless they count as life too. Birds don't live in the skies either, so what could it have been?

Day 6, god created 2 caucasian humans, a male and a female by the names Adam and Eve, who was created either Adam's rib or a piece of dirt, feel free to pick one. He gave them even more creatures (like... lap dogs?) and now they were free to exploit and ruin the planet.

Meanwhile, on earth, Adam and Eve get on with their lives, do what most couples would do in their spare time. They were lucky enough to get away with it even though they were unmarried, but what had to happen, happened anyway. Since condoms weren't invented yet, Eve got pregnant and gave birth to 2 boys. I'm not sure when the incident with the talking snake and the forbidden fruit took place, but that doesn't really matter. Eve was fucked either way, in the truest sense of the word. Apart from the big question how other ethnical groups came to life, one would wonder how Adam, Eve and the 2 boys would replicate each other. Since there are no mentions of other children Eve had with Adam, the only way to populate the earth was Eve to be banged by one or both of her sons. Apart from the short life span adults had at that time, a risky pregnancy there's only a a 50/50 chance to give birth to another female, who then later would be banged by her (grand)father, if he still happens to be alive and/or of course her brothers. And here's where the story comes to an ends before it started: Depending on which gender will overrun the "population", it might work for at most one generation, but regarding the low life span of adults in general at that time, plus the high infant mortality due to genetic deformation as a result of incest, rather sooner than later: GAME OVER.

1 and 3 go together, in a way. "How do plants grow without a sun?" there was light created two days earlier. If you've ever grown any plants indoors you'll know they don't specifically need sunlight
so much as a light source in general. Smile

"Day 2, god creates the skies -> Now the question becomes, if there
were no skies before day 1, what was it then? You can't create
"something out of nothing", right?"

Before there is structure in the universe, there is God. How can you reject this but accept big bangism and the idea that an explosion made time and space and dimensions and matter from nothing?

Day 4, have you never seen a construction crew using temporary floodlights while they build a road with its own streetlights? Also this one mainly refers to the diurnal cycle of the sun and moon's rotation about us.

Day 5, "birds don't live in the skies"? well no, but they do appear in the skies from time to time. That's a pretty big stretch if you want to try and poke holes in it.

Check out my YouTube channel for more videos and information Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ5PX9Y...1uwXxWwQ6w
07-02-2013, 06:24 AM
(07-02-2013 05:53 AM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  Before there is structure in the universe, there is God. How can you reject this but accept big bangism and the idea that an explosion made time and space and dimensions and matter from nothing?

Every time a creotard says 'big bangism', 'darwinism', or 'evolutionism' as if they had any sort of significance...

I totally pull the wings off of an angel, without even caring... Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-02-2013, 06:33 AM
(07-02-2013 05:53 AM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  
(07-02-2013 12:46 AM)pxlgirl Wrote:  Ok... so now that I (shockingly) found out that christians take the story of creation for a fact, a few unanswered questions came to my mind that I had when I was a kid. No one was able to give me a plausible answer back then, apart from saying the usual like "god works in mysterious ways" if they ran out of arguments. Looking at other made up stories, like the ones involving aliens do sound crazy and are anything but true, yet they sound plausible within their own conception. Christianity lacks that plausibility from the very core, so for the sake of the argument, lets pretend it was consistant and plausible and point out the outcomes.

1 and 3 go together, in a way. "How do plants grow without a sun?" there was light created two days earlier. If you've ever grown any plants indoors you'll know they don't specifically need sunlight
so much as a light source in general. Smile

"Day 2, god creates the skies -> Now the question becomes, if there
were no skies before day 1, what was it then? You can't create
"something out of nothing", right?"

Before there is structure in the universe, there is God. How can you reject this but accept big bangism and the idea that an explosion made time and space and dimensions and matter from nothing?

Day 4, have you never seen a construction crew using temporary floodlights while they build a road with its own streetlights? Also this one mainly refers to the diurnal cycle of the sun and moon's rotation about us.

Day 5, "birds don't live in the skies"? well no, but they do appear in the skies from time to time. That's a pretty big stretch if you want to try and poke holes in it.

LOL

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-02-2013, 06:55 AM
(07-02-2013 05:53 AM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  Before there is structure in the universe, there is God. How can you reject this but accept big bangism and the idea that an explosion made time and space and dimensions and matter from nothing?
You're trying too hard. [Image: Emoticon-Facepalm.gif]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
07-02-2013, 07:06 AM
I have grow plants indoors, I made sure they were placed near a window so they could get some sun, or at least some daylight, because they do need it. Put your plants in a box or in a dark room, you'll see what happens. Not all plants need sunlight though, some deep underwater ones can grow without sunlight, but those weren't mentioned in the creation story.

And what the fuck have construction workers to do with god creating the sun, moon and stars? Or maybe did they create them, using temporary floodlights while building the road to hell... eh, heaven? But wait, there are no floodlights in the bible. And roads actually came much later too.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, getting off topic doesn't count, this thread is not about big banging evolutionary darwinists, so keep that stuff outa here and stay focused only on the "logics" of the creation story.

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
07-02-2013, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 07:19 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(07-02-2013 07:06 AM)pxlgirl Wrote:  I have grow plants indoors, I made sure they were placed near a window so they could get some sun, or at least some daylight, because they do need it. Put your plants in a box or in a dark room, you'll see what happens. Not all plants need sunlight though, some deep underwater ones can grow without sunlight, but those weren't mentioned in the creation story.

And what the fuck have construction workers to do with god creating the sun, moon and stars? Or maybe did they create them, using temporary floodlights while building the road to hell... eh, heaven? But wait, there are no floodlights in the bible. And roads actually came much later too.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, getting off topic doesn't count, this thread is not about big banging evolutionary darwinists, so keep that stuff outa here and stay focused only on the "logics" of the creation story.
Why would you expect ancient desert dwellers who thought there were many gods, (yes the Hebrews were polytheists, and Yahweh had a wife), and thought the Earth rested on 4 pillars, and that a "firmament" separated the waters above from the waters below, (bla bla), and knew nothing about photons, and where they came from, and Cosmology, or even that the sun was larger than the Earth, or even the first thing about science or Astronomy, to get anything right. The real question is "why are beleievers SO fucking anal retentive that they need their ancient set of capriciously cobbled together torahs to be literally true ?" and are SO intimidated by the fact that it might not be actually true.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Don't let anyone tell you that Genesis 2 is a retelling of Genesis 1. It isn't. Genesis 2 was actually written before Genesis 1 [which was written later to compete with pagan mythologies of the time]. Two stories with different organizations, . . . and enough absurdities that it should cause anyone to see them as the myths they are.

The absurdities increase as the "after creation" days are depicted. Talking [possessed at that] snakes, magic trees that either bring death or give life, . . . an omnipresent god who still "walks with them in the garden", . . . and the nearly paradoxical nature of "how they sinned".

I share your shock that there are people who believe it to be a true story . . . . taking place roughly 6,000-10,000 years ago. But then, there ARE people who believe a geocentric universe.