Story of creation and unanswered questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2013, 11:56 PM
RE: Story of creation and unanswered questions
(14-03-2013 11:10 AM)f stop Wrote:  Supposedly each of Noah's sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth, fathered one of the three racial groups: Caucasian, Negroid, Mongoloid. As far as I know this explanation of the origins of race is not in the Bible but is taught by some denominations.
Eh... And I always wondered why Adam and Eve, and Jesus and all the other folks happen to be white, as people who've been living in the mentioned regions have a darker skin color... ^^ Now that I think about it, if those who wrote the bible assumed that most characters were white, it would indicate that they had no idea about other ethnicities actually inhabiting the so called sacred places, which also indicates that the bible itself can't be too old... yes? no? maybe?

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2013, 12:17 AM
RE: Story of creation and unanswered questions
(17-03-2013 11:56 PM)pxlgirl Wrote:  
(14-03-2013 11:10 AM)f stop Wrote:  Supposedly each of Noah's sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth, fathered one of the three racial groups: Caucasian, Negroid, Mongoloid. As far as I know this explanation of the origins of race is not in the Bible but is taught by some denominations.
Eh... And I always wondered why Adam and Eve, and Jesus and all the other folks happen to be white, as people who've been living in the mentioned regions have a darker skin color... ^^ Now that I think about it, if those who wrote the bible assumed that most characters were white, it would indicate that they had no idea about other ethnicities actually inhabiting the so called sacred places, which also indicates that the bible itself can't be too old... yes? no? maybe?

I think that fact that they happen to be depicted as white in most works comes down not to Bible interpretation, but rather the ethnocentrism of white European and American artists.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post