Story of your first encounter with forum members... thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2016, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2016 05:34 PM by ELK12695.)
Story of your first encounter with forum members... thread
In view of recent events, in which I don't think I need to mention at this point, it has been interesting in manner of speaking to see how closely knitted this forum community is. I can hardly say I would have expected such unification three years ago when people were still getting to know eachother. And while I am on that subject, I thought it would be nice to let people explain how they first met, talked and made friends with the people on this forum, dispite it being on the internet; makes for a good read and hopefully a feelgood experience.

As usual, I'll start and let others carry on. I've picked two members I consider good friends and that I talk to on an every day basis.

First off is TheGulegon. Although I can probably trace back the first forum encounter, that would ruin the story. Basically, I posted some of the metal bands I like in the "What are you listening to?" thread: Not sure if it was Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth; could have been anything. But the more I posted, the more positive responses I got from a "TheGulegon" with a demon as his avatar. From there, rep and PM's were exchanged around how awesome the main riff in "Keep it in the Family" by Anthrax was, and how much an asshole Lars Ulrich is. Gulegon was the first forum member I could have a conversation with on Skype for hours, just me and him around whatever nerdy subjects, such as listening to St. Anger together and agreeing on how fucking terrible it is. Although Gulegon seems to be a lot more busy these days, I talk to him every time I can about the casual subjects. Great guy(but he needs to grow his hair FFS).

Second is fairly obvious, a certain Revenant77x who joined the forum a few hours after me. Our first correspondence was... well it was a nightmare, one that we consider to be like anything "after" Terminator 2 Judgement Day; non-existent. Our first real encounter was in a group call with Escape Artist, where we both talked to EA about an issue that is up her to explain to anybody. After that call ended there was a little empty skype talk, untill I ran into a classic problem. I play a lot of Fallout: New Vegas. Fallout: New Vegas is very glitchy. Rev has played a lot more Fallout: New Vegas than I. So I got in a call with Rev where he tried to help me with a classic case of "Veronica's quest is a fucking broken sack of shit". Although he failed to fix the bug for me, he gave me the important lesson of doing Veronica's quest first to minimize glitches, and I have always done so since. After that, we talked more about pretty much anything on Skype. And when it slipped out of Rev that he was a pro-wrestling guru, he hasn't had a moment of peace ever since, where I don't rant about how fucking crazy Vince McMahon is, and him replying "What the hell did you expect?". A truly good friend I would never trade off.

I would talk about cjlr and Smercury aswell, but they're seemingly very busy ATM, and I'm kinda too stupid to remember my first talks with them. There's also another I would talk of in great detail; if he was here on the forum. But since he's not, and that he hates public affection, I'll leave him out. Apologies.

Now it's your turn to write and feel really embarrassed afterwards.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like ELK12695's post
03-05-2016, 05:49 PM
RE: Story of your first encounter with forum members... thread
Lars Ulrich couldn't beat his dick in time.

Edit: sorry for the off topicness of that but I just couldn't resist.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
03-05-2016, 05:57 PM
(03-05-2016 05:49 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Lars Ulrich couldn't beat his dick in time.

Edit: sorry for the off topicness of that but I just couldn't resist.

HUH?! I WORK LIKE, FOCKING HARD FOR THIS FOCKING BAND METALLICA HUH?!

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
03-05-2016, 06:14 PM
The first conversation I had here was with SMerc. I miss talking to her as much. (Not her fault, mine.)
03-05-2016, 06:20 PM
I made my first post in the music section and moms answered. Pretty much I put it out right there in threads, not much in the way of PMs. I did exchange a few with Erx and Stark. Back when the chat was busy there were several, revs, EA, Erx to name a few. Folks used to meet there for coffee.
03-05-2016, 06:32 PM
I don't recall a lot of specifics but I do remember that among the first people I had interaction with were Chas, Erx, KC, Girly, Lady Jane (come back LJ), Kim, bemore, Leela (come back Leela), Kid C and morondog...four years later many of these are still my favorite forum members though many others who came later I am quite fond of.

Girly, Erx, KC, and Chas were quite helpful in showing me around the place.

My first encounter with germanyT wasn't so great but we got that straightened out.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-05-2016, 06:51 PM
I honestly can't remember my first encounter on here.

I think DLJ might have been one of the first members I spoke to.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-05-2016, 07:01 PM
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...reetings-P

I knew right away that you guys were a strange bunch and that I should fit in just fine. XD
[+] 4 users Like CosmicRaven's post
03-05-2016, 07:23 PM
If Girlyman and I ever met it would probably be a reenactment of this novel...

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
03-05-2016, 09:41 PM
I lurked for a while but before I dove into this forum. I was on Why Won't God Heal Amputees forum or WWGHA for short. I donno. I didn't fit in there for some reason and damn, what a long title for forum. I liked the "thinking" part of The Thinking Atheist title.

I can't remember who I came in contact with first. It was a long time ago. I was very shy and didn't post much.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post