Straight Ticket Voting (aka Voting for Dummies)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2016, 09:53 AM
RE: Straight Ticket Voting (aka Voting for Dummies)
Quote:Are you really so fucking lazy that you can't be bothered to engage your brain and do a bit of reasoned guessing, as to who's a better candidate?

Generally speaking, the one with an "R" after his name is a fucktard. I have found it a very reliable indicator here in Arizona.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
02-09-2016, 10:26 AM
I truly want a voting system where you can vote for multiple candidates. 1,2.3 etc. The single vote is applied to your first choice, unless it's clear they won't win, then it is applied to the second choice and so on. If you don't want your vote applied to candidate, like say Trump, simply leave it blank.

That's the only way a third party candidate will have viability -- if people feel their not just throwing away their vote.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-09-2016, 11:00 AM
(02-09-2016 10:26 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I truly want a voting system where you can vote for multiple candidates. 1,2.3 etc. The single vote is applied to your first choice, unless it's clear they won't win, then it is applied to the second choice and so on. If you don't want your vote applied to candidate, like say Trump, simply leave it blank.

That's the only way a third party candidate will have viability -- if people feel their not just throwing away their vote.

Interesting idea.

Unfortunately not all of us live in first-world States, here in Florida we are still trying to figure out chads, imagine a multiple choice scenario with weighted averages. Shocking

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
02-09-2016, 12:05 PM
(02-09-2016 05:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  the pool with nothing but jackasses.
To paraphrase Douglas Adams anyone who wants to be president should under no circumstances be allowed to do the job.

On the other hand, it's not a job that just anyone can do. There are certain qualifications. If you're going to pick someone by lot, you better have a way of making sure that everyone in the lottery is qualified. And who do you trust to do that?
02-09-2016, 05:27 PM
(02-09-2016 12:05 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 05:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  the pool with nothing but jackasses.
To paraphrase Douglas Adams anyone who wants to be president should under no circumstances be allowed to do the job.

On the other hand, it's not a job that just anyone can do. There are certain qualifications. If you're going to pick someone by lot, you better have a way of making sure that everyone in the lottery is qualified. And who do you trust to do that?

My brother-in-law!

Tongue

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
03-09-2016, 06:27 AM
Comedian Lewis Black had a good suggestion for how to pick the President. Towards the end of his term, the current President is brought into a room with a big map of the U.S. He's blindfolded and given a dart. He throws the dart at the map.

A monkey is then flown to to that area. You put a parachute on him and push the monkey out of the plane. The monkey will land and start walking around. First person the monkey touches is the next President.

Does anyone think we wouldn't end up with someone better than Clinton or Trump?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
03-09-2016, 06:58 AM
Lewis Black is a certifiable genius.

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
03-09-2016, 07:13 AM
My brain still flickers from "Jacket" to "Ticket" every time I see this title!

Smile

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.