Strange Find

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2016, 01:00 PM
RE: Strange Find
(04-09-2016 11:36 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 11:11 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Growing up as a kid I have always had a bad back. I went to my first chiropractor at the age of 5 years. The same day I had my eyes examined and got my first pair of glasses. But somewhere before the age of 10 (1956 closer to 1926 than to 2016) I went to a chiropractor who had a machine something like that. The chiropractor was old and almost blind, but he gave me more relief than most of them did. How much of that was from his machine that sent sparks into my back I will never know.

Perhaps he was almost blind from using UV type devices for too long?

Chances are my centre-of-vision problem has an historical origin in some experiments that I did many years ago that involved striking an arc. Days before health and safety at work was quite so strict, no safety assessments or onus on employers to provide the correct gear.

My ophthalmologist always mentions macular degeneration when I get an eye exam. Likely cause of damage was my propensity to light magnesium on fire. It puts out light in the UV when it burns, besides being really bright when it burns. It doesn't seem to have progressed in the last 30 years, so that bright fire probably did it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2016, 01:56 PM
RE: Strange Find
(04-09-2016 11:36 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 11:11 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Growing up as a kid I have always had a bad back. I went to my first chiropractor at the age of 5 years. The same day I had my eyes examined and got my first pair of glasses. But somewhere before the age of 10 (1956 closer to 1926 than to 2016) I went to a chiropractor who had a machine something like that. The chiropractor was old and almost blind, but he gave me more relief than most of them did. How much of that was from his machine that sent sparks into my back I will never know.

Perhaps he was almost blind from using UV type devices for too long?

Chances are my centre-of-vision problem has an historical origin in some experiments that I did many years ago that involved striking an arc. Days before health and safety at work was quite so strict, no safety assessments or onus on employers to provide the correct gear.

That is what I was implyin after reading the above posts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply