Strange Noises 2012

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Strange Noises 2012
I don't know if anyone else is getting bombarded with this newest phenomenon. by others.

If you youtube 'strange noises 2012' or similar words a pile of different videos from different users supposedly from around the world comes up with this noise being filmed. It sounds like a hoax from the movie War of the Worlds from what I've read/looked up. Any other thoughts? Maybe some kind of space reverb?

My local news station is even reporting this...ahem... credible happening. lol.

Thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2012, 11:29 AM
RE: Strange Noises 2012
I'm gonna say it's a viral video campaign for a movie or something. Someone suggested Cloverfield 2, maybe?

Because, dude...if I heard that shit, and was filming it...you HEAR me freaking the fuck out, and no one is saying a word in these vids. LOL

Also kind of reminds me of "Red State." Anyone see that? LMAO

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers.

- Carl Sagan
[+] 3 users Like zaika's post
18-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Yeah, totally agree. I'd be all "What is that?" "OH MG, is it coming this way??" and "Mommmmmyyyy!!!!" lol

Also, no one in these towns and city are talking about it, as in more people hear, it's just the videographer that hears and witnesses it.
18-01-2012, 11:43 AM
So I'm watching the video.
The sounds weren't recorded with the camcorders so far as I can tell.
Not only that but what the hell were any of the people filming before hand. There's nothing going on. I don't usually go around filming super underwhelming tree tops....
Also I agree that if there were noises like that coming from the sky I would be at least commenting on occasion.
Seems like a movie stunt, or maybe the red state thing is more accurate. Maybe the fundies are trying to scare some fence sitters into finally converting fully. Though only some of the sounds come off as horns.
I would guess a sci fi movie. One of the commentors suggested the new cloverfield, and knowing JJ's history of promotions it might be likely. But what if it was a promotion for some western or victorian era love story and they were just fucking with everybody?

Or what if the noises are real? What if something big is gonna happen? The little kid in me can only hope.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
18-01-2012, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2012 11:50 AM by zaika.)
(18-01-2012 11:38 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Yeah, totally agree. I'd be all "What is that?" "OH MG, is it coming this way??" and "Mommmmmyyyy!!!!" lol

Also, no one in these towns and city are talking about it, as in more people hear, it's just the videographer that hears and witnesses it.

Right?? Like the one in Kiev, you had the opportunity to see people stepping out onto their balconies to see what is going on, and there is nothing. The dudes in the woods just look amused. If this is for a movie, they need to try harder. LMAO
(18-01-2012 11:43 AM)lucradis Wrote:  So I'm watching the video.
The sounds weren't recorded with the camcorders so far as I can tell.
Not only that but what the hell were any of the people filming before hand. There's nothing going on. I don't usually go around filming super underwhelming tree tops....
Also I agree that if there were noises like that coming from the sky I would be at least commenting on occasion.
Seems like a movie stunt, or maybe the red state thing is more accurate. Maybe the fundies are trying to scare some fence sitters into finally converting fully. Though only some of the sounds come off as horns.
I would guess a sci fi movie. One of the commentors suggested the new cloverfield, and knowing JJ's history of promotions it might be likely. But what if it was a promotion for some western or victorian era love story and they were just fucking with everybody?

Or what if the noises are real? What if something big is gonna happen? The little kid in me can only hope.

OMG...if it really is the fundies trying to scare people, they have totally lost their fucking minds. LMAO

But I'm with you in that the little kid in me really wants the noises to be real!!

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers.

- Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes zaika's post
18-01-2012, 11:53 AM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2012 11:57 AM by FSM_scot.)
The sound quality is far to high for a hand held camera. It sounds like a combination of sounds, racing car, some brass instruments etc combined.

This will be a viral campaign for either a monster or alien movie.

Edit: at the 4 min mark it says glasgow Scotland, well that's where I live if something like this had actually happened I would have heard about it. Or even heard it.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
18-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Maybe archangels were just blowing dust out of the heavenly trumpets that are supposed to sound next May. We can be glad they didn't test if the Wormwood star lost its half-life Big Grin (or maybe they did, but it effects went unnoticed due to Fukushima's effect on sea)
[+] 4 users Like Luminon's post
18-01-2012, 12:02 PM
This guy thinks it's a total rip off of Red State. There is a clip from the part of the movie with that sound in it...it's totally the same.

- Carl Sagan
[+] 2 users Like zaika's post
18-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Super curious what it is, even if it's a one group hoax or something.

My favourite outcome would be sound reverb from some distant phenomenon or something spacey-like. (Not from alien earth-consuming life though, lol) But it looks way to hoax-y for these dreams to come true Sad
18-01-2012, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2012 12:18 PM by TheBeardedDude.)
Such deep noises are causing apparent vibrations via the sounds being recorded but nothing in the video frame is vibrating, nor the camera.
The other option is of course...

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post