Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2012, 02:56 PM
RE: Strange Noises 2012
(22-01-2012 02:12 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-01-2012 02:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-01-2012 01:53 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-01-2012 01:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-01-2012 10:56 AM)Luminon Wrote:  Wow, the sounds were recorded also in my country! Now I am rather sure that this is real. Nobody would bother to fake anything in such a backwater as my homeland. Here people do all scams publically, immunity and bribes protect them.

The expert from our Academy of Sciences says, that the sounds are definitely not litospheric, because they're high frequency, several kHz.

Do you really think that these YouTube videos are real?
Do you really think that one was recorded in your country just because someone said so?
The 'expert' from your Academy of Sciences is Ing. Josef HORÁLEK CSc. - not MD.

We should always be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains fall out.

I can't presume to know the poster's thoughts, but I was under the impression this was satire. Cool

Given his posting history, I can't see why you would think this would be satirical.

Blammo! Angel

Don't put yer head up with Chas around...

Now you tell me.Undecided

I have somehow avoided previous postings, so I'll defer to the man with the shotgun.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
22-01-2012, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2012 03:47 PM by Luminon.)
(22-01-2012 01:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-01-2012 10:56 AM)Luminon Wrote:  Wow, the sounds were recorded also in my country! Now I am rather sure that this is real. Nobody would bother to fake anything in such a backwater as my homeland. Here people do all scams publically, immunity and bribes protect them.

The expert from our Academy of Sciences says, that the sounds are definitely not litospheric, because they're high frequency, several kHz.

Do you really think that these YouTube videos are real?
Do you really think that one was recorded in your country just because someone said so?
The expert from your Academy of Sciences is Ing. Josef HORÁLEK CSc. - not MD. AND he said:
"Sounds do not have a physical cause in the inner Earth, weak earthquakes are accompanied by deep tones,
but in my opinion it is the human imagination and the pursuit of sensation," he concluded, smiling interview.

We should always be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains fall out.
I'm not sure what's going on, but looks like I have a deep (possibly irrational) belief in causality of human behavior, or maybe I'm projecting. People doing random things for no cause at all, that seems weird.

Theoretically, someone might start it as a real thing, that somewhere, sometime he recorded such sounds coming from around there, probably due to some hidden machinery. Then various people around the world re-mixed and played the sounds as a hoax for the fun of it.
But my countrymen dragged into it, that's a little too much. People around here don't like to attract attention to themselves in such a way. They prefer their beer, ganja and soccer to mixing sound and video on the computer and dragging TV into it. That really doesn't fit me into Czech mentality.
The witnesses in Svitavy town in the Pardubice region sound like high school kids, including Miroslav Mauer, who reported the sounds. I spent my high school years observing the busy routine of my classmates, revolving mostly around alcohol, sports, girls and travels. They don't seem like the types to seek out media attention. We're not crazy around here like Japanese or American folks.

Anyway, I'm curious if there will be any sound analysis and comparison of these sounds from around the world. Maybe it would be possible to detect if they're created or remixed with some software.

22-01-2012, 07:26 PM
(22-01-2012 03:00 PM)Luminon Wrote:  I have a deep (possibly irrational) belief in causality of human behavior

Atheist, sniffing the wind; smelling weakness... bark at the moon...

I don't have the bookmark no mores, but you got one bit of information is consciously processed by the brain for every myriad received. Causality; when you know what's going on one time in ten thousand?

Arooo....

You know where causality is essential? Agenda. To know the mind of another, one must first unravel the agenda of another. Beyond that, all chains of causality reduce to I.

Do you want victory over me? Look me in the eye, tell me that you love Gwyneth Paltrow; and drive the silver dagger into my heart. If you feel a moment's regret, you ain't getting it.

Of course, there's probably a better way of expressing "it," but most likely, none as concise. Elegant. Wink

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-01-2012, 02:51 PM
(22-01-2012 07:26 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-01-2012 03:00 PM)Luminon Wrote:  I have a deep (possibly irrational) belief in causality of human behavior

Atheist, sniffing the wind; smelling weakness... bark at the moon...

I don't have the bookmark no mores, but you got one bit of information is consciously processed by the brain for every myriad received. Causality; when you know what's going on one time in ten thousand?

Arooo....

You know where causality is essential? Agenda. To know the mind of another, one must first unravel the agenda of another. Beyond that, all chains of causality reduce to I.
Dammit, then I'm projecting, what an elementary school psychology. I have an agenda and I tend to assume that everyone have an agenda, on the grounds of a statistical sample of let's say, three people I know including myself.

Except then it doesn't fit, I can't figure out why their lives are so empty (empty of meaning, not beer and money) and they don't even enjoy a good forum discussion about agendas in a foreign global language.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Very Strange Astrological Occurence in my Life Egor 39 1,078 06-06-2013 10:26 AM
Last Post: Bucky Ball
Rainbow A List of some strange deaths HU.Junyuan 47 1,960 02-04-2013 07:23 AM
Last Post: Doctor X
  2012-12-21, Oh my! Chas 61 3,105 09-12-2012 08:48 PM
Last Post: Spoon3r
Rainbow What's next after 21 December 2012? KVron 8 879 21-11-2012 06:29 AM
Last Post: Filox
  11:11 invitation 2012 Leela 15 1,086 15-11-2012 09:20 PM
Last Post: Misanthropik
  Dec 21, 2012 itsacow 22 2,073 07-05-2012 08:10 AM
Last Post: BnW
  2012 bemore 15 1,279 10-04-2012 04:30 PM