Strange legal case

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2017, 12:20 PM
RE: Strange legal case
(04-04-2017 08:33 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(03-04-2017 12:41 AM)f stop Wrote:  The shooter had the right to assume (1)they are adults, (2)all three are armed with deadly weapons and (3)their objective is murder.

(1) Assumptions are not a legally defensible "right". And apparently you condone killing burglars providing they're adults? Presuming that, how would you discern the difference between a 16-year-old child and 21-year-old adult in the heat of the moment?

In the heat of the moment, one is not required to differentiate.

Quote:(2) Assumptions can be tragically erroneous, as in this case. The only visible weapon was a knife carried by one burglar (which, in Australia, is not defined legally as a "lethal" weapon anyway).

Citation required.

Quote:(3) Assuming that three burglars' "objective" is murder is patently absurd. Obviously their objective was burglarising what they believed to be a vacant residence.

It is not absurd. Their motives are unknown, but they're not good.

Quote:At the end of the day, nobody has the legal "right" to kill anybody else.

Yes, they do. It's called justifiable homicide.

Quote:And if you do, then you have to defend your actions in a court of law—as the 23-year-old resident will most likely have to.

No, no charges will be filed against him.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2017, 09:27 PM
(05-04-2017 12:07 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I own guns specifically for self defense and keep them loaded and in readily accessible places in my home.

Yeah well I'm not going to discuss it any further with you. You clearly believe that shooting first and asking questions later is a justified response, and like I said I know a number of people who have guns and NONE of them would ever keep a loaded gun in the house. Especially those with kids.

All the experts agree that gun control saves lives. The NRA lives in a perpetual state of denial every time evidence is brought forward that clearly disproves their ludicrous claims.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2017, 09:43 PM
I heard this in passing on the news, and I briefly thought "WTF" ?
This seems rather strange.
If two people commit a robbery, and one gets killed by a cop or a guard, is the other robber charged with the murder of his co-perpetrator ?
Never heard of it ... I bet this gets tossed. She is guilty of robbery, conspiracy, and other stuff I suppose, but no one intended anyone to die.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-04-2017, 09:51 PM
(28-03-2017 12:35 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(28-03-2017 11:17 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  So your three buddies get shot by the homeowner in self defense while you wait in the getaway car yet you get charged with murder for their deaths? I've heard of felony murder but never quite seen it applied like this! What gives?

As I understand it, you are responsible for all the consequences that result from a criminal act, direct or indirect. If the driver was a wiling participant in the burglary then the deaths of the others are part of the consequences.

Not saying I agree with it but I do understand the reasoning behind it.

Exactly.

One of my best friends is a forensic police officer. You've be surprised (or maybe not) on how very often this exact situation happens. Most of these scenarios don't hit the news and this is actually common, and the same consequence every time. I am not at all surprised at the outcome of the sentence. It all lies within the intent of action.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
05-04-2017, 10:35 PM
(05-04-2017 09:27 PM)Aractus Wrote:  
(05-04-2017 12:07 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I own guns specifically for self defense and keep them loaded and in readily accessible places in my home.

Yeah well I'm not going to discuss it any further with you. You clearly believe that shooting first and asking questions later is a justified response, and like I said I know a number of people who have guns and NONE of them would ever keep a loaded gun in the house. Especially those with kids.

All the experts agree that gun control saves lives. The NRA lives in a perpetual state of denial every time evidence is brought forward that clearly disproves their ludicrous claims.

I live in an area where it can take 10 minutes for police to respond (unless one was cruising the neighborhood. But I'm from a huge city where response time was far better.

As anyone here can say, I'm not a pro gun person. I'm definitely for gun control. But someone breaks into my house in the middle of night, and I had one...I'd shoot the fucker myself.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-04-2017, 04:18 AM
So... what do we think of this shit?
Three cunts break into a dudes house, one I believe was even armed with a knife.
The homeowner shot and skilled all three cunts. The female driver of the three cunts, who was in the car outside, is now being charged with their murder.

I'm sure you lot have heard this story.

Personally, I'm 110% of the side of the home owner here. Fully behind him, he should be fully free to mow those fuckers the fuck down. And I say that because if I was in his shoes I would have shot them too.

Regarding the female being charged with murder. I can see the legal argument for it, that she was involved in helping with the break-in and so helped in causing their deaths. Zero sympathy given.

Moral of the story, as far as I'm concerned, should be 'don't break into peoples homes.'

Anyway, thoughts?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
06-04-2017, 04:28 AM
RE: So... what do we think of this shit?
I agree with pretty much everything but the murder charge. I think it should be Involuntary Manslaughter.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
06-04-2017, 04:30 AM
(06-04-2017 04:18 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Three cunts break into a dudes house, one I believe was even armed with a knife.
The homeowner shot and skilled all three cunts.
Personally, I'm 110% of the side of the home owner here. Fully behind him, he should be fully free to mow those fuckers the fuck down.
Anyway, thoughts?

One was armed with a knife, and the owner shot all three dead?
I am all with the owner having a right to defend himself, but i am skeptical as to if he may have overreacted. In this case he, probably, should face some charge too.

Principle of proportionality, ya know. Big Grin

I definitely cant support your notion that it (may) be justified to "mow down" 3 guys with a knife with your gun.
I dont cry much about the 3 dudes, they pretty much knew very well what could fact them in a country with more firearms than people.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
06-04-2017, 05:11 AM
(06-04-2017 04:18 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Three cunts break into a dudes house, one I believe was even armed with a knife.
The homeowner shot and skilled all three cunts. The female driver of the three cunts, who was in the car outside, is now being charged with their murder.

I'm sure you lot have heard this story.

http://kfor.com/2017/04/03/oklahoma-home...-invasion/

The three who were killed were all male. Invading homes in armed America.
Not smart. Father Darwin calls 3 more home.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 6 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post
06-04-2017, 05:19 AM
Ahhhhh

But the homeowner used a scary black rifle AKA an AR-15, so those poor people breaking into the house were innocent, the homeowner guily of premeditated murder, and the rifle manufacturer guilty of genocide, infanticide and possibly jaywalking....

Signed

Nancy Pelosi, Michael Bloomberg, Diane Feinstein,

and assorted other moonbats......
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post