Strange legal case

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2017, 05:34 AM
RE: So... what do we think of this shit?
As per his usual performance, Earmuffs is having trouble keeping up LOL.

This bizarre case was discussed more than a week ago HERE under the topic "Strange Legal Case".

It's a pity that people such as Earmuffs fail to read through earlier threads in their haste to mouth off with an obscenity-laden and unnecessary new thread.

Can the mods please combine the two threads. Thumbsup

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
06-04-2017, 05:39 AM
(06-04-2017 04:30 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(06-04-2017 04:18 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Three cunts break into a dudes house, one I believe was even armed with a knife.
The homeowner shot and skilled all three cunts.
Personally, I'm 110% of the side of the home owner here. Fully behind him, he should be fully free to mow those fuckers the fuck down.
Anyway, thoughts?

One was armed with a knife, and the owner shot all three dead?
I am all with the owner having a right to defend himself, but i am skeptical as to if he may have overreacted. In this case he, probably, should face some charge too.

Principle of proportionality, ya know. Big Grin

I definitely cant support your notion that it (may) be justified to "mow down" 3 guys with a knife with your gun.
I dont cry much about the 3 dudes, they pretty much knew very well what could fact them in a country with more firearms than people.

It was learned that one of the men had a knife. I don't see a need for the homeowner's son to request a pat down or strip search to see if the others were armed.

It's pretty obvious they broke into the home with ill intent.

As for the getaway driver being charged with murder...I think that's a bit of a reach. Surely she can, and should, be charged with being an accessory to a burglary where at least one of the perpetrators was armed.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
06-04-2017, 06:06 AM
(06-04-2017 04:18 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Three cunts break into a dudes house, one I believe was even armed with a knife.
Personally, I'm 110% of the side of the home owner here. Fully behind him, he should be fully free to mow those fuckers the fuck down.
Anyway, thoughts?

I am all with the owner having a right to defend himself, but i am skeptical as to if he may have overreacted. In this case he, probably, should face some charge too.

My only problem with that is two against one. While it might be nice if we all were as proficient at hand to hand as Bruce Lee, most of us aren't. If I fail to acquire such skills and then three people break into my home, after I've justifiably shot the one that was armed, what am I supposed to do with the other two? Throw myself on their mercy? "Sorry guys. I really should've kept up with the self defense lessons. That's no ones fault but mine. You're not armed so I won't shoot you. I'd rather you not rob or harm me but don't worry, I'm putting this gun away."

Big Grin

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
[+] 3 users Like whateverist's post
06-04-2017, 06:21 AM
(06-04-2017 05:34 AM)SYZ Wrote:  As per his usual performance, Earmuffs is having trouble keeping up LOL.

This bizarre case was discussed more than a week ago HERE under the topic "Strange Legal Case".

It's a pity that people such as Earmuffs fail to read through earlier threads in their haste to mouth off with an obscenity-laden and unnecessary new thread.

Can the mods please combine the two threads. Thumbsup

> Indeed. I thought that story looked familiar. Dodgy
06-04-2017, 06:59 AM
(06-04-2017 05:39 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(06-04-2017 04:30 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  One was armed with a knife, and the owner shot all three dead?

I definitely cant support your notion that it (may) be justified to "mow down" 3 guys with a knife with your gun.
I dont cry much about the 3 dudes, they pretty much knew very well what could fact them in a country with more firearms than people.

It was learned that one of the men had a knife. I don't see a need for the homeowner's son to request a pat down or strip search to see if the others were armed.

As for the getaway driver being charged with murder...I think that's a bit of a reach. Surely she can, and should, be charged with being an accessory to a burglary where at least one of the perpetrators was armed.

Here in Texas, and a couple of other American states, if somebody drives the getaway car, but another thug kills somebody, the driver can also be charged with murder or assault. That is the law, hate it or not. That sort of law is meant to raise the stakes for those who enable murder or assaults, to discourage people from doing that. This lil fat girl made a bad decision and will probably pay dearly for it. That is the risk you take when you get involved with crime. Being stupid is against the law in such cases, as I say, here in Texas.

Yog Sothoth! Yog Sothoth! Come back old ones! Yog Sothoth!

Cheerful Charlie
06-04-2017, 07:00 AM
(06-04-2017 06:59 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  
(06-04-2017 05:39 AM)Anjele Wrote:  It was learned that one of the men had a knife. I don't see a need for the homeowner's son to request a pat down or strip search to see if the others were armed.

Here in Texas, and a couple of other American states, if somebody drives the getaway car, but another thug kills somebody, the driver can also be charged with murder or assault. That is the law, hate it or not. That sort of law is meant to raise the stakes for those who enable murder or assaults, to discourage people from doing that. This lil fat girl made a bad decision and will probably pay dearly for it. That is the risk you take when you get involved with crime. Being stupid is against the law in such cases, as I say, here in Texas.

For someone named Cheerful Charlie you are not very Cheerful.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
06-04-2017, 07:45 AM
We may have a misunderstanding here.

I didnt claim somebody needs to strip search burglers, before he can decide on how to defend himself. I do however object to the general notion that it should be ok to "mow down people who break into your house". I am sceptical, nothing more or less, as to if the owner of the house/gun reacted in a proportional way to what the the burglars did. I simply do not have enough information on this event.

Did they threaten to stab him with the knife? Did he return head shots? Did he possbly just went panic and, by mere accident, inflicted deadly woulds to the burglars? Was it too dark for him to judge the situation? I am willing to give him benefit of doubt in face of imminent danger. I am not willing to give anybody carte blanche to shoot and kill, on purpose, burglars.

Where i live, police isnt allowed to shoot and kill someone just because he is a burglar, and i dont think anybody should be allowed to. The three guys were thieves, criminals, and certainly were willing to inflict harm on their victims (by carrying a knife), and they were certainly very stupid for risking their lives in a country like the US, where everybody has a gun.

but

(reference to the death penalty thread), that doesnt automatically mean they deserve to die or be shot, certainly not without a trial. At least not on purpose. Thats what gun license is about too, the responsible handling of those weapons.
They deserved to be arrested and sentenced to jail. And the owner of the house/gun needs to be investigated if he acted (or if it could have been expected og him given the situation, was it probably dark? etc.) in a proportional manner. Anybody who rejects the death sentence and thinks its ok to kill burglars has conflicting beliefs imho.

Thieves dont deserve death. Their lifes arent automatically forfeit because they break into somebodys house, even if they carry a knife. Only if they threatened the house owner. Please dont pretend i am a SJW or soft on criminals, i have explained that i dont have much sympathy for those thieves.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
06-04-2017, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2017 08:00 AM by JDog554.)
(06-04-2017 07:45 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  We may have a misunderstanding here.

I didnt claim somebody needs to strip search burglers, before he can decide on how to defend himself. I do however object to the general notion that it should be ok to "mow down people who break into your house". I am sceptical, nothing more or less, as to if the owner of the house/gun reacted in a proportional way to what the the burglars did. I simply do not have enough information on this event.

Did they threaten to stab him with the knife? Did he return head shots? Did he possbly just went panic and, by mere accident, inflicted deadly woulds to the burglars? Was it too dark for him to judge the situation? I am willing to give him benefit of doubt in face of imminent danger. I am not willing to give anybody carte blanche to shoot and kill, on purpose, burglars.

Where i live, police isnt allowed to shoot and kill someone just because he is a burglar, and i dont think anybody should be allowed to. The three guys were thieves, criminals, and certainly were willing to inflict harm on their victims (by carrying a knife), and they were certainly very stupid for risking their lives in a country like the US, where everybody has a gun.

but

(reference to the death penalty thread), that doesnt automatically mean they deserve to die or be shot, certainly not without a trial. At least not on purpose. Thats what gun license is about too, the responsible handling of those weapons.
They deserved to be arrested and sentenced to jail. And the owner of the house/gun needs to be investigated if he acted (or if it could have been expected og him given the situation, was it probably dark? etc.) in a proportional manner. Anybody who rejects the death sentence and thinks its ok to kill burglars has conflicting beliefs imho.

Thieves dont deserve death. Their lifes arent automatically forfeit because they break into somebodys house, even if they carry a knife. Only if they threatened the house owner. Please dont pretend i am a SJW or soft on criminals, i have explained that i dont have much sympathy for those thieves.

One person had a knife and another had brass knuckles. Was the guy just supposed to let these people break into their home, possible harm him or his family with these weapons without doing anything? No one is saying mow people down because they broke in. He was defending himself and his loved ones from harm because the criminals were brandishing weapons for obvious use.

Edit: Also from what I understand, they talked before the shooting so the criminals had a chance to end it peacefully, they must not have taken that chance.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
06-04-2017, 09:04 AM
RE: Strange legal case
(06-04-2017 04:28 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I agree with pretty much everything but the murder charge. I think it should be Involuntary Manslaughter.

Just Google® "felony murder".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-04-2017, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2017 09:08 AM by Chas.)
RE: Strange legal case
Anyway, thoughts?

So, what exactly would you do in that situation? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user